1st B&M experience with my REO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonathan Rizo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2013
Riverside, California, United States
So usps did it's thing and my juice was delayed just a tad but I wasn't gonna go without vaping so was forced to go to an old B&M that I used to go to prior to owning a REO and getting into DIY juice. So I walk in, get to the counter and try a few different juices but vaping on my reo while I wait for the guy to bring me the next juice to taste and he notices the little box in my hand. At first I was like eh he'll probably try to sell me some crap I don't want :facepalm:(because it wont be a REO of course) but instead he asked to see my mod a little closer. He asked me what it was and saw how it squonked and everything. He was amazed(as he should have been) and then calls his other shop buddies to come check it out and they all had a slew of questions for me.

So what did I do? Of course I left the REO business card there and told them how to find ECF :p All in all it was a shocking experience and they were just surprised at how much better the vape was on my reo with the RM2 than the kayfuns and such they were all vaping... another win for the REO weee!!! :vapor:

vapnmuse

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2014
central new jersey
I enjoy answering reo questions everywhere I go! then I let them drip whatever juice they have on it and vape. I am using mundy's magic wire and it absolutely is the ultimate flavor coil! I have been using a mech mod for clouds with the mundy's, but the flavor is better with the REO. come on sub ohm kit....................I'm waiting

Fearalis

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2013
UT
Unfortunately, the vape shops around here went from really cool coffee shop type places to stuck up businesses. Funny thing is, they've lost business from me & a lot of my friends as I make my own coils and DIY my own juice. When I went in with my Reo I got the "look", but no one asked questions (it may be because they wanted to look cool sub-ohming a Chinese mod with AW battery knockoffs.) I took a look at the juices, realized they only use flavor west flavoring, laughed, then asked for 2 10ml juices. I didn't spend a dime because I'm good friends with the manager and had free juice cards from the owner. The employees looked like I slapped them in the face when I asked how "name" and "name" were and if they were back in the lab or in a meeting. I know 90% of the owners of the B&M's in my region,and get discounts but, they don't have anything for me anymore. Thank god for DIY and Reos because honestly, when I go into B&M's anymore, I leave empty handed because they have nothing to offer for me. They carry china mods, my DIY juice is better (just not as big of a selection) and cheap batteries and chargers. I'm vaping at the top with my reo, what could they offer?

Edit; I sound a bit bitter, and I probably am. I started when B&M's first started up around here. Everyone was relaxed, knew each other, and were interested in whatever anyone else had to offer and gave legit advice even if it sent them online. Now, it's orders and sales first (I understand, it's a business) but the employees seem to not care to learn anything from a customer as they "know it all." The B&M startups are still like that, which are the ones I support, but they seem to change in a few months to the standard business prototype.

Last edited:

vapnmuse

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2014
central new jersey
My REO and I were skiing in Utah feb25-mar4. We went to Alta,solitude and the trees of brighton! On state street there was a vape shop I passed every day. I wanted to stop in and check it out but never did. I noticed a lot of the staff on the mountains using vapes, but only one REO.....mine! Too bad about your local shops, its their loss.
What kind of diy flavors are you making?

Jonathan Rizo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2013
My REO and I were skiing in Utah feb25-mar4. We went to Alta,solitude and the trees of brighton! On state street there was a vape shop I passed every day. I wanted to stop in and check it out but never did. I noticed a lot of the staff on the mountains using vapes, but only one REO.....mine! Too bad about your local shops, its their loss.

Just doing the unflavored, gotta try it per everyone's recommendation. I'm sure it's gonna be amazing hehe. It's hard for me to find an adv so this will be it for me hehe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fearalis

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2013
UT

You missed the gems. I snowboard snowbasin and my favorite if you're into "dirty" lodges, powder mountain (MY favorite, or was.) Pow-mow (powder mountain) has the most untracked powder in the world (look it up.) It's my favorite because of it's so called layed back experience. Now, it's starting to go towards "standard business procedure." I'm sick of that phrase taking over my favorite things that I have in my life. A business venture from californa took over pow-mow and now it's going in the direction of the B&Ms. My dad owns a business and I understand the procedures, but at the same time, our company is still laid back. You can either take $$ or you can take customer service that will keep coming back to you over and over. I believe that's what my dad's company, and honestly, rob's reo's have taken. They make a decent, but not obscure, amount of profit to make a good living (quote me if i'm wrong rob.) But want to make the companies image stand out among all others in terms of quality and customer satisfaction. That's the thing though, if you can't make a living based upon what you create, or "service," you don't deserve to be in business. In all honesty, I could create a business better here than what is here.

Last edited:

Fearalis

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2013
UT

and to tell you what flavors, these are my favorites i've made;
apple menthol
pineapple upside down cake,
"energy drink' tastes like a bit off red bull
fruit stripe gum
churro
strawberry banana is what i'm vaping now (different flavor vendors)
Orange creamsicle
A Vanilla custard which honestly tastes like a "Hot" flavor around here
A citrus, apricot

& In all honesty, I didn't label all of them right. Simply because I know a B&M around here that searches mixes online to make them money. I won't be taken advantage of. The only great review i would give is of a Reo mod. That's how much the mod has affected my life.

vapnmuse

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2014
central new jersey
every year I want to go to snowbasin but the conditions there are always worse than little/big cottonwood canyon. never went to powder mnt. My first day skiing at solitude was spring skiing in mashed potatoes!!! thought the whole trip would be warm but that night it snowed 14 in at alta and another 5-6 during the day. It snowed every day till I left. ski'd brighton 3 days straight cause the tree skiing was amazing and no one was there!!! best of luck with your diy

InTheClouds

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2013
Murphy, NC, USA
On a recent excursion to Atlanta I went out of my way a bit to check out a B&M, tbh I was uncomfortable in there, like I was an interloper. I felt more like I was in a tattoo/piercing parlor. (I have 3 tattoos) and nobody working there at the time seemed to be older than 21. The 3 employees were all wrapped up in a sub ohming cloud chasing conversation. I did not want to interupt their conversation and waited patiently. A young lady (I use the term loosely) walked in the door and the three of them about tripped over each other to help her. I realize I am in my 50's and would look appalling in a crop top, but my money is as good as anyone else's. Since I really did not need anything I left. It is sad because someone my age who wanted to try vaping to quit smoking could walk in the door and end up walking away just like I did. Scarier than that is one of them was planning on doing a build with quad .5 ohm coils and admitting he had no idea what the resulting ohms would be, but it would be bad ....

Jonathan Rizo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2013
On a recent excursion to Atlanta I went out of my way a bit to check out a B&M, tbh I was uncomfortable in there, like I was an interloper. I felt more like I was in a tattoo/piercing parlor. (I have 3 tattoos) and nobody working there at the time seemed to be older than 21. The 3 employees were all wrapped up in a sub ohming cloud chasing conversation. I did not want to interupt their conversation and waited patiently. A young lady (I use the term loosely) walked in the door and the three of them about tripped over each other to help her. I realize I am in my 50's and would look appalling in a crop top, but my money is as good as anyone else's. Since I really did not need anything I left. It is sad because someone my age who wanted to try vaping to quit smoking could walk in the door and end up walking away just like I did. Scarier than that is one of them was planning on doing a build with quad .5 ohm coils and admitting he had no idea what the resulting ohms would be, but it would be bad ....

Yeah those are few reasons why I try to stay away from a lot if b & ms also. When I went In there the first few times (months and months ago) they were ...... to just about everyone they didn't really know. Almost as if there's an initiation process sort of thing. Now they've seen me for a while so they were a but nicer but seems all anyone wants to do is chase clouds now and while that's fine, I've seen them sell a "starter kit" and try to build sub ohm for the customers not knowing what they want or are looking for. I guess it wouldn't be half as bad if they actually educated people on how they work and especially safety parameters :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread