2 Questions about Flavoring

Status
Not open for further replies.

lunaras

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2009
Nowhere
I've used some Wal-Mart brand flavorings with less than impressive results. The flavors were much weaker than Loann's and some have corn syrup in them if I remember correctly.

I would assume that food stamps would work on them since I believe they are considered a food. Heck my sister-in-law, in Kentucky can get Snickers bars and Little Debbie snacks using them, so I don't see where baking flavorings would be an issue for her, but laws vary by state, so I can't be sure.

DinosaurVapor

Moved On
Nov 11, 2009
Spokane, WA
I've used some Wal-Mart brand flavorings with less than impressive results. The flavors were much weaker than Loann's and some have corn syrup in them if I remember correctly.

I would assume that food stamps would work on them since I believe they are considered a food. Heck my sister-in-law, in Kentucky can get Snickers bars and Little Debbie snacks using them, so I don't see where baking flavorings would be an issue for her, but laws vary by state, so I can't be sure.

thanks for that info. I dont think i saw HFCS, but i wouldn't besurprised, it's cheap and sweet.

hopefully food stamps cover them, ive got them coimg out of the wazoo

wrecktangle

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2009
Maryland, USA
Yeah, it's like a credit/debit card, but loaded every month for folks receiving assistance. Saves the mailing of checks or food stamps that always "get lost". Present your "independence card" punch in your PIN and use it just like food stamps. When it's out, you have to wait until next month when it's reloaded.

Unless your term "food stamps" means something other than social assistance.

The "independence card" is popular at least in the mid-atlantic area.

TJPatt72

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Tx
I've used the butterscotch from Wally World and it came out great. Cherry from there also, but it ended up in an overload batch so I don't know how great it will end up being, read others had good luck with it though.

At Wally World it was reported to be in the art supply area which is near the sewing material area, which is where I found it on an end isle rack right next to where wedding supplies where. I just figure it's a cheaper way to sample flavors and then if I like them buy them in bigger qty. from Loranns.

As for food stamps don't know, but if baking supplies are covered then it should be (i.e. cake mixes, etc.).

Birdy

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2009
Houston
1- Has anyone used the Walmart brand flavorings? they have the same ingredients as Loranns, someone posted on here abotu Walmart Carryign Loranns flavoring but I couldnt find any there...

2- Can flavorings be bought with food Stamps?

Wait, are you going to use them in the juices you sell?
Are you sure you can get a detailed ingredient listing from them? I mean, some things in flavorings not only tear up attys but they can be dangerous...:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread