Outcast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Vermont
:thumb:
Practice on some stainless first.
Go easy with the torch and you can control the colors.

4836595a8d5e5d798cb89ef73b1941b3.jpg

Job I did not a nemmy and tug v2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 5, 2017
The switch is the same as the brass good switch the v2 on the copper the + and - always make contact and works off a clutch system it looks really cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So i was entirely curious.. Idk if you would happen to know or if anyone could clear this up for me but it looks like the button is the same design style that the authentic is.. But is it really silver plated copper? As well does it have a silver plated berillium copper spring like the authentic? I have a friend who has 1 like the very first xxx all 000 on top its awesome anyways.. Im trying ti think back on how the break down looked and from the pictures it looks kinda similiar but not quite the same so i didnt know if anyone happened to have both an authentic and a clone to differentiate between the two or comparisons on both .. What my main concern is being a hybrid then its all in the switch and button and housing .. And if its made of junk then itll probably not hit as hard as the authentic.. But not to say it still wont do the trick but i didnt know if it was that close then id buy a clone.. I just wanted some things cleared up.. I do have an admiral mech that hits pretty damn hard i wish someone would compare the 2 and say which hits harder but either way the admiral will for now not have a stack section so the vaperzcloud camp wins it in that you can run your tubes in series which is nice..

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
So i was entirely curious.. Idk if you would happen to know or if anyone could clear this up for me but it looks like the button is the same design style that the authentic is.. But is it really silver plated copper? As well does it have a silver plated berillium copper spring like the authentic? I have a friend who has 1 like the very first xxx all 000 on top its awesome anyways.. Im trying ti think back on how the break down looked and from the pictures it looks kinda similiar but not quite the same so i didnt know if anyone happened to have both an authentic and a clone to differentiate between the two or comparisons on both .. What my main concern is being a hybrid then its all in the switch and button and housing .. And if its made of junk then itll probably not hit as hard as the authentic.. But not to say it still wont do the trick but i didnt know if it was that close then id buy a clone.. I just wanted some things cleared up.. I do have an admiral mech that hits pretty damn hard i wish someone would compare the 2 and say which hits harder but either way the admiral will for now not have a stack section so the vaperzcloud camp wins it in that you can run your tubes in series which is nice..

Keep a few things in mind when assessing modern clones:

None of the metals used are really cost prohibitive.
In fact, most raw copper, brass, etc..used to make mods comes from China.
Silver plating is extremely cheap and commonplace.
So is 24k gold. China plates everything it can.

Most of us don't buy Authentics thinking they "hit harder" or have a mythical higher quality because in most examples they don't.

We usually buy authentics to have a legitimate example of a modder's work/design.

If all you want is performance, a clone will definitely fit the bill.
You'll have more internal resistance in your battery than the mod.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Keep a few things in mind when assessing modern clones:

None of the metals used are really cost prohibitive.
In fact, most raw copper, brass, etc..used to make mods comes from China.
Silver plating is extremely cheap and commonplace.
So is 24k gold. China plates everything it can.

Most of us don't buy Authentics thinking they "hit harder" or have a mythical higher quality because in most examples they don't.

We usually buy authentics to have a legitimate example of a modder's work/design.

If all you want is performance, a clone will definitely fit the bill.
You'll have more internal resistance in your battery than the mod.
That maybe the most responsible and accurate explanation of the authentic/clone subject I've seen yet. Especially nowadays. Well said, Ninja! :thumbs:

dhomes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2012
Austin, TX
That maybe the most responsible and accurate explanation of the authentic/clone subject I've seen yet. Especially nowadays. Well said, Ninja! :thumbs:

almost 100% correct, except that tolerances, finishing (paint chipping away, posts spinning around, etc) & QC details (missing part for example) from china are not always (actually, most the time) there.

not being a snub, I have bought some great mods from china (fasttech has a rig v2 combo that is rock solid) but also some great cr*p:

- bought a brass broadside off 3Fvape, came without the top connector
- bought a roudhouse v1 off fasttech, a few mm taller than the original so the switch screws down way more than it needs (hyper recessed swiftch???)
- bound a tomahawk X off fasttech, the original has a copper inner body, this one was all aluminum and the inner diameter was wrong, about any and all batteries i tested needed to be crammed in, and then would get stuck, thrown away
- the rig v2 i loved, 1:1 on the threading, but it was a copper / black painted one, the paint started to chip away almost the next day, brought it to raw copper and happy with it. but that certainly is not cerakoting

these are all recent examples, its a hit or miss

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
almost 100% correct, except that tolerances, finishing (paint chipping away, posts spinning around, etc) & QC details (missing part for example) from china are not always (actually, most the time) there.

I find the opposite.
Today, most mechs in China are made in state subsidized factories with state of the art manufacturing equipment.

Most "authentics" are made in small shops with a shoestring budget that requires "pre sales" to get enough capital to operate.
Many dont even have a legit business lisc, or even a proper business address.

Use your head. Dont buy into hype without doing some critical thinking.

dhomes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2012
Austin, TX
I find the opposite.
Today, most mechs in China are made in state subsidized factories with state of the art manufacturing equipment.

Most "authentics" are made in small shops with a shoestring budget that requires "pre sales" to get enough capital to operate.
Many dont even have a legit business lisc, or even a proper business address.

Use your head. Dont buy into hype without doing some critical thinking.

Again, it's all in the QC. I buy, i'd say, 50/50 originals / clones, have yet to have a bad original, have lots of discarded clones.

The original may come from a 1 man shop in his bedroom / shop (like a reo) but if the QC is there i'd take it over a mass produced, barely checked device.

To each its own really, I know what I can expect from one source vs the other.

Reactions: Verb

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Again, it's all in the QC. I buy, i'd say, 50/50 originals / clones, have yet to have a bad original, have lots of discarded clones.

The original may come from a 1 man shop in his bedroom / shop (like a reo) but if the QC is there i'd take it over a mass produced, barely checked device.

To each its own really, I know what I can expect from one source vs the other.

There are thousands of clones for every single authentic.

Our minor anecdotal experiences mean little.
That was my point.

The guy with the garage shop doesn't have the same equipment as a massive factory that gets subsidies from the Chinese government.

Thats not to say some authentic mods aren't better made than clones, as some are.
But thats not accurate across the board.
It's just soft metal with common metric threads, and a mechanical momentary switch.
Its not an iPhone...(which is also made in a factory in China).

nalo_b

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2010
oahu
They could literally take all the best parts of their best selling mods and make one really good mod. By the way I'm not downing clones I have a few of them. Just seems like they do have all the equipment and know how that there should be some really good original mods coming out of China.

• Agree
Reactions: bsidb and MMW

dhomes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2012
Austin, TX
They could literally take all the best parts of their best selling mods and make one really good mod. By the way I'm not downing clones I have a few of them. Just seems like they do have all the equipment and know how that there should be some really good original mods coming out of China.

China certainly have the machines, materials and experience to put out top not quality mods (I believe the VaperzClouds are fully chinese).

But in the race to the CHEAPEST, you go cutting as much as possible design? no time lets just copy (save again for a few companies like VaperzClouds, Innokin, joyetech) etc, QA/QC COST MONEY AND TIME, manufacturing has a built-in margin of error like most every other process in the world, it costs money to put out a device that consistently is within tolerances

Being able to put quality out doesnt not mean that they are, in general, doing so

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread