21700 battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
If you love the 40T, most probably you would not like to hear, that the battery you use is not even in mass production...so that mean basically, that you use a bad grade of a battery, that comes not from official Samsung SDI distribution channel.
Playing a little devil's advocate here. Could you go into a little more detail about this? Or is this just an unjustified assumption based on here say?

I understand that the Samsung 40T was probably designed exclusively for the electric automobile industry. But what's to say that surplus 40T batteries might occassionally be offered for sale to battery distributors for sale on the consumer battery marketplace?

The 18650 batteries from Lg, Samsung, and Sony are manufactured exclusively for the auto and power tool industries, too. Yet authentic higher grade cells are obviously available to distributors to be sold to end users on the battery market.

Last edited:

FΛDED

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2017
Austin, Texas
Have the armour pro , which 21700 battery is a good one to use? I vape around 40-50 watts about 70% of the time I stay at 48 watts. Please & thank you

Any of them except Golisi. I was given 4 when they first premiered as a "vape battery" company to try and they didn't fit in some of my high ends. They went into the garbage.

I recommend the Samsung 30t.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
If you love the 40T, most probably you would not like to hear, that the battery you use is not even in mass production...so that mean basically, that you use a bad grade of a battery, that comes not from official Samsung SDI distribution channel.
If my 40T’s are a bad grade of battery I’d love to see a good grade. I have two 40t’s and they perform excellent. Anyway I too would like you to go into more depth with your statement about them being a bad grade and not from official distribution channels along with any proof you may have.

Robin Becker

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2018
Berlin
Playing a little devil's advocate here. Could you go into a little more detail about this? Or is this just an unjustified assumption?

Well I can just share with you information I got from a known battery assembler, that works very close to Samsung SDI. It seems like (and mooch test results can show that in details) Samsung SDI can not reach the quality they claim this battery should have. The 40T has been designed for a similar CDR like the 30T, but does not meet this specification.
My source of information told me just few days ago, that they had to postpone 2 new projects with this battery, because Samsung SDI was not willing to release the battery.
I am almost sure, that after Mooch will get the realesed 40T (can´t tell you when) and will compare the results with the current stock on the market, it will be easy to notify the difference.

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
If my 40T’s are a bad grade of battery I’d love to see a good grade. I have two 40t’s and they perform excellent. Anyway I too would like you to go into more depth with your statement about them being a bad grade and not from official distribution channels along with any proof you may have.
His point completely confused me as batteries used in vaping devices are borrowed technology anyway which is why we rely on the work by Mooch to stay as safe as possible.

• Agree
Reactions: Baditude

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Well I can just share with you information I got from a known battery assembler, that works very close to Samsung SDI...My source of information told me just few days ago, that they had to postpone 2 new projects with this battery, because Samsung SDI was not willing to release the battery.
Thanks for sharing your insider knowledge with the forum.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio

From what I understand, these are pre-production cells that were distributed as samples for large manufacturers, but resellers were able to get ahold of some. I know these cells are not in the full manufactured stages yet, but for how I am using them, they exceed what I ask of them. So if they are low quality, then Samsung is on the right track and I can't wait to see the finished product, because they are better than any other 2X700s I have used thus far, including the Sanyo 20700A.

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015

This is what I have heard also but it doesn’t mean we have low grade cells. They could be any grade. We just have pre-production sample cells that have not got yet hit the performance specs they want.

Though I guess one can argue that does make them “bad grade” cells.

Robin Becker

ECF Veteran
    Feb 3, 2018
    Berlin
    This is what I have heard also but it doesn’t mean we have low grade cells. They could be any grade. We just have pre-production sample cells that have not got yet hit the performance specs they want.

Though I guess one can argue that does make them “bad grade” cells.

Yap...wanted just to mention, that if the 40T from normal production would really meet the specification...there is something to wait for with pleasure...:w00t:

• Agree
    Reactions: Mooch

Jonathan Tang

Multiple ID Suspension
    Sep 12, 2018
    Taipei Taiwan
    Well, maybe it’s here say, but couple thing in my understanding :
    1. 40T seems yet to be mass production if you contacted with trusted pack factory internally...
    2. It suppose created for Power Tool instead of automotive...:p

Playing a little devil's advocate here. Could you go into a little more detail about this? Or is this just an unjustified assumption based on here say?

I understand that the Samsung 40T was probably designed exclusively for the electric automobile industry. But what's to say that surplus 40T batteries might occassionally be offered for sale to battery distributors for sale on the consumer battery marketplace?

The 18650 batteries from Lg, Samsung, and Sony are manufactured exclusively for the auto and power tool industries, too. Yet authentic higher grade cells are obviously available to distributors to be sold to end users on the battery market.

Robin Becker

ECF Veteran
    Feb 3, 2018
    Berlin
    I don´t know, where this information comes from? mybe I kill U really killed some one to get this? :D
    I would guess, that some of the stock, that comes from China might not be all A-Grade, but we can not ignore the fact, that china is the biggest battery assembler in the world and left overs from big companies are not necessarily less than A-grade.

• Agree
    Reactions: Baditude
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread