Status
Not open for further replies.

carbonbegone

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2014
Indy
Device ; vaporesso Armour pro
Batt ; Samsung 40T 4000mah, purchased from IMR batteries.
Usual wattage ; 11.5 - 12.0 ( 1.4ohm / 4.1-ish volts )

Bought a 21700 device under the assumption that I'd get at least 2 days or thereabouts of usage at my wattage & a 4000mah battery. That hasn't been the case at all.
I have a 5 year old Protovapor dna 20 device with an equally 5 year old Panasonic 2600mah battery as original equipment & it lasts longer than the new device with 21700 battery using the same wattage, same atomizer.
I'm making the assumption that IMR provides genuine products.
The battery takes a full charge to 100% charging in the device. (takes a looong time)
So I'm at a loss to explain the apparent lack of longevity, is a 5 year old DNA chip that much more efficient than what is by all accounts a very modern device ?
Ideas ?

thanks ..

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Device ; Vaporesso Armour pro

Bought a 21700 device under the assumption that I'd get at least 2 days or thereabouts of usage at my wattage & a 4000mah battery. That hasn't been the case at all.
I have a 5 year old Protovapor DNA 20 device with an equally 5 year old Panasonic 2600mah battery as original equipment & it lasts longer than the new device with 21700 battery using the same wattage, same atomizer.
The battery takes a full charge to 100% charging in the device. (takes a looong time)
So I'm at a loss to explain the apparent lack of longevity, is a 5 year old DNA chip that much more efficient than what is by all accounts a very modern device ?
Ideas ?

thanks ..
Have you charged it in a dedicated charger? The reason I say this is because there are lots of mods that 100% doesn’t mean 4.2 volts. It may only be charging your battery 80-90% but the mod says 100%. That’s the only thing I can think of unless the armor is terribly inefficient. Next time you charge in mod to 100%, take it out and check the voltage.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
The DNA20 has an efficiency of 93% according to the Evolv data sheet. I doubt the Omni 4.0 board in the Armor Pro would even be above 85%. I have that same Omni 4.0 board in the Revenant Delta squonker except it has crippled firmware and the battery life at 55W on a 30T is nothing to write home about.

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
The DNA20 has an efficiency of 93% according to the Evolv data sheet. I doubt the Omni 4.0 board in the Armor Pro would even be above 85%. I have that same Omni 4.0 board in the Revenant Delta squonker except it has crippled firmware and the battery life at 55W on a 30T is nothing to write home about.
Agree. I bet you can do the same with an LG HG2 (unless your build requires more than 20A. I got the 30T mainly for my mech mods because of it's hit. I don't have great capacity expectations.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Agree. I bet you can do the same with an LG HG2 (unless your build requires more than 20A. I got the 30T mainly for my mech mods because of it's hit. I don't have great capacity expectations.
I had an HG2 in it at first but there was a spare 30T lying around so I popped it in to get rid of the battery adapter. ;) I brought the 30T's in for my Furyan squonker and DIY PWM box.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
The Omni Board 4.0 is known to fire at full wattage for a few milliseconds then drop to your set wattage regardless of your power settings. You can try setting it to Soft Mode – this may improve battery life. Can also change your Screen Time Out to a lower setting – default is like 15 minutes! If you do not rely on the clock then there is no need to have the screen on draining your battery.

There are a few reports on the interwebz of the Armour Pro not matching it’s competition in terms of battery life.

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015

I have a 5 year old Protovapor DNA 20 device with an equally 5 year old Panasonic 2600mah battery as original equipment & it lasts longer than the new device with 21700 battery using the same wattage, same atomizer.
    Ideas ?

thanks ..

There can be a huge difference in efficiency between DNA boards and other ones.

carbonbegone

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 27, 2014
    Indy
    Thanks folks, I reset settings as suggested to an an attempt to preserve battery - will see how it goes over the next couple days. Otherwise this thing will be a desktop dweller, never straying far from a USB source.
    Too bad - it seems to be a well made, very comfortable to use gadget.

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA

Ideas ?

thanks ..
    My Samsung 40Ts lasted much longer in the SX Mini SL than they do in the Armour Pro.

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    I think it was a Zophie Vapes video that taught me there's no full-wattage burst in either soft or hard. Very useful.

I turn off the clock, but unfortunately this has to be done each time the battery is changed. This flaw and unimpressive battery life notwithstanding, the Armour Pro is very comfortable to use and I like it a lot. So much so that a second is one its way to me from China as I write this. It's probably midocean right now.

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    Yea, it's a well designed device is most respects, except that damned clicky button.
    How did devices evolve having to make noise every-time-one-pushes-the-button ?
    All the reviewers gush over clicky fire buttons. I don't get it, either.

carbonbegone

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 27, 2014
    Indy
    Noticing a significant improvement in battery life just 1 day in.
    Dimmed the screen, once it's set I dont need to see it particularly.
    Set timeout to minimum 3 sec.
    Running the 'low' ramp up setting.
    Thanks for the worthy suggestions. Volumes will be written, songs will be sung !

muth

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 20, 2014
    Boston, MA, USA
    Heck of it is the batteries cost as much as the device if I remember correctly. :shock:
    .. & neither perform as hoped.
    I waited till the cows came home for a price drop. Try that 40T in a different mod if you have one that accomodates. I have ones for 20xxx but not sure for 21xxx save the Armor Pro and a tube mech.

Reactions: stols001
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread