22gauge kanthal

Status
Not open for further replies.

CloudZ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
If you are working with high-power builds, you really shouldn't have to ask here why you aren't getting the vape you think you should. You should be able to look at the coil/wick as you fire it, and recognize the various symptoms that lead to poor vapor production. This experience is best learned by building and trying lots of less-challenging coils; once you see how they work in practice, you will be able to diagnose problems in more aggressive builds. It would also be obvious why 22ga wire is not what you should be using.

I've wanted to say this so many times, thank you for saying it. "If you have to ask, you shouldn't even be building something like this". Before trying these advanced, dangerous builds... You should have enough experience trying everything else that none if it should be a surprise to you. I don't use 24 gauge or below because I know the kind of wattage it would need to fire correctly. 26 gauge is plenty for making clouds, 28 duals is as well.

komanji

Mar 8, 2014
florida
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Rude and disruptive

CloudZ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2012
Minneapolis, MN

Sorry... I understand your frustration with the comments but 22 gauge requires some skill and knowledge to use safely. How it behaves shouldn't be a surprise. For instance, I know it probably needs to be run at 0.4 ohms or lower, but I wouldn't go that low myself and certainly wouldn't recommend it to anyone. I don't remember reading what batteries you have, but I'd say something with a 30 amp rating would be required.

Learn the ins and outs with 28 gauge, try some twisted 28 or 26 if you want to push it a bit more, then go lower if you really feel it is necessary. By then you shouldn't have to ask simple questions about heavy wire.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
It's not about the number of wraps, it's about the length of wire used and the resistance that length of wire has. The number of wraps will depend on the diameter of the coil, the design of the coil etc. Thus, your question really can't be answered with the little information you have provided. And, I need to reiterate the concerns of others here, you REALLY need to know what you're doing, the limits of your batteries, ohms law.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

FACE MEAT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2013
Costa Mesa, CA
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Inappropriate and off topic

lightbud404

Serial Vapist
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2013
Atlanta, GA
First of all, what batteries do you have?
Second, do you have an ohm meter?
I personally use 24g kanthal 6 wrapas or nichrome 8wraps dual coil. Always ends up at low 0.2ohms. My daily setup.
I hope youre using a high amp discharge battery...
And with that said, I dont recommend doing a doil coil with 22g kanthal.
6 to 8 wrap single coil micro on a 7/64 diameter rod or drill bit should be perfect.

billy bad ... over here :cool:

ej1024

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2014
usa
U want clouds?? With 22g? Ummmm
I have 22g parallel coil single coil 3 wraps, im not a cloud chaser, but you should've vape because u have a reason, don't just vape for fun dude, its too dangerous playing around with lower resistance wire dude.. Do you vape to quit smoking or u vape to play?
Are u even 18? IMO

Sent from my LUMIA 1520 Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread