24mg doesn't seem like much at all. Am I alone on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

umop apisdn

ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2009
The longer I'm around, the more I realize that the mechanism of addiction(s) varies from person to person. As others have noted, some folks who were heavy smokers seem quite content at fairly modest nicotine concentrations with their vaping. Others who were what I would consider light smokers seem to require higher nicotine concentrations. There doesn't appear to be too much rhyme or reason to it all.

You know, it actually makes sense. Those that smoked lightly got a nic buzz more often, and each cigarette significantly raised their nic blood level. The crave isn't from the nicotine itself, but more for the spike in its content in one's blood.

Heavy smokers are used to a constant nic level in their blood, so a constant vape is all they need, not necessarily a high content.

Thinking about it... I miss that buzz =/

mwahle1

ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL. USA
I was an extremely heavy smoker (chain smoker). When I first got my ecig I ordered the 24 mg and the 36 mg solution juice. I started with the 24 mg solution and was chain vaping it. Within a few hours I was getting cravings for a cigarette; I immediately started vaping (chain vaping) 36 mg solution and my craving nearly disappeared. I believe the slight cravings I get are for some of the other compounds found in cigarette smoke (my slight cravings are decreasing by the day). I think the “buzz” people get from regular cigarettes but not ecigs results from the carbon monoxide and hence less oxygen going to the brain.

catlvr

ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2009
Kern County California
I smoked a pack and a half of cigs a day for 30 years and when I started vaping I started with 24mg. Just didn't cut it. Now I'm using 36mg to 48mg, and sometimes spiking that with 60mg. It's working for me. I think I'm finally done with reg. cigs. The only time I get cravings now is when I'm drinking. The only buzz I remember happened smoking the first few years ago. Almost fell out of the bedroom window lol.

D133

ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2009
UK
I just got delivery of some 30mg VG juice and I notice that I'm vaping less and enjoying it more, I didn't intend to cut down, I just did. I'm hoping that the VG + the stronger nic will help me cut down on vapetime, plus alleviate the PG symptoms I was getting.

Back before Mission Control went smoke-free, we were putting men on the Moon.
Coincidentally I was reading some webpages the other day listing Astronauts who smoked, including quite a few Apollo Moonwalkers (though not whilst on a mission obviously). I recall reading elsewhere that Aldrin gave up pipe smoking a couple of weeks before Apollo 11. Funny how times change, I'd imagine putting 'smoker' on an Astronaut application nowadays probably wouldn't do much for your selection prospects.

Switch to manual batteries so there is no cutoff! You can draw till your heart flutters!

haha, i was laughing at this :)

i got the 510 a couple days ago (with manual battery of course), and it's pretty good. you gotta keep on dripping the fluid into the cartridge and atomizer on the constant though, and i've gone through around 4 ml in just 2 or 3 days. i started with the 18 mg and it seems just fine, i haven't wanted a cig or anything, but still smoke around 2-5 a day.

i believe puresmokers.com has 36 mg cash menthol fluid, and i just ordered one since my fluid of choice is all out at e-smokeytreats (menthol 18mg).

btw the 18mg i started with was overwhelming, maybe i was just vaping too much but i got lightheaded, woozy, and felt like i was... you know.

take peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread