Status
Not open for further replies.

Chefdeuce

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2009
Green Bay WI
My 2nd Review of Modern Vapor's 902
Who needs a 510 when you have a 902!

So I decided to rewrite my review after receiving new accessories and a few weeks of use. This is my 2nd Review of the 902 one of best E-cigs on the market.
The 902 is an upgraded 901 available from Modern Vapor.

Discloser: This was sent to me as a sample for testing and review. I am not affiliated or work for Modern Vapor. I ordered most of the items after trying my tester. I’m offering an unbiased review.

1. Tony's customer service. I don't need to say more! For those of you that haven't had the pleasure, let me assure you that Tony at Modern Vapor takes care of his customers! Finding a good company is very important to me, and I’m glad to have Modern Vapor.

2. Looks and Feels Sleek black paint and a well balanced feel make this a natural extension of the hand.

3. Vapor I'm easily getting just as much or more Vapor as I did with my 510, Taste is great and the vapor is a thick beautiful cloud. In my original post I said that it was a fog machine. Neonerz told me I needed to try it at 5V, which leads me into…

4. Passthrough Tony also sent me a USB passthrough to try out. This runs at 5V instead of the regular 3.7V the batts run at. You can also use sidesho attys with it!
Wow is all I can say. Neonerz was right, I get great clouds from juices that didn’t get good vapor on other units. The passthrough brings good juices to life. Full of flavor and more vapor than an analog.

5. Price I’ve bought enough other PV’s and searched enough websites to tell you this is a great deal. It's an outstanding product plus you get two complete E-cigs (2 batteries and two attys) carts, and a PCC to keep you charged all day. Althought you can find cheaper deals online remember “You get what you pay for.” Plus Tony has a coupon code for 20% off for ECF members.

6. Quality. The 902 is put together with care, it is clean and smooth the threads are nice and tight, and the paint is a quality powder coat. This is a high quality product all the way around.

7. Battery My Auto stayed going for hours before I had to recharge, and the manual works great in places that an auto doesn’t. I probably get about 3-4 hours out of each charge.

8. The PCC With the PCC you can have one batt charging and one vaping so you will always have a strong battery. The PCC will charge between 3 and 4 batteries in between charges. That gives me all I need to stay charged all day. Sometimes two days if I’m using the passthrough. Plus it is cut to handle manual batteries. Instead of screwing to batts in to charge all you need to do is push them down. Nice feature.

9. Carts This thing hold a lot of juice, almost 1ml. This will keep you vaping and not refilling. This cart is also easy for mods and filling just pop the cart off the back and load with juice. The foam is right at the top of the cart so there is no inner cart piece to mess with.

10. The Draw Just a light pull and a mouth full of vapor, no trying to suck a bowling ball through a garden hose. Also provides great throat hit and here’s the best part, NO LEAKING!

IMO this is the best 3.7V E-cig on the market! They should call it the fog machine. And at 5V the computer screen has limited visibility!

Down side.
The only down side I see is there isn’t a 5V portable mod. That would rock!

Garnoch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
NYC
Well, Chefduece, no sense in me posting my own review because you nailed it. I'll post here to get this back on the first page if you don't mind. The 510 was at the top of my list based on reviews but because my wife wanted something closer to the size and look of an analog, we went with the Sidesho from modernvapor.com - also because of reviews - and of course the freaking amazing customer service you talk about, which was true. First I should say even the Sidesho is an awesome PV. Based on what I've read on other small PVs, this one kicks it. On the Sidesho I get as much throat hit as my analogs and definitely enough vapor to make me happy. So onto the 902, because I decided to buy one this week. One, I decided on trying it instead of the 510 because people in the know seemed to think it was actually better than a 510, and two, I knew I couldn't go wrong with Modern Vapor. I didn't order a whole kit though because I knew my Sidesho PCC and USB charger would work because the battery threads are the same. Man, am I impressed with this thing. Unlike you, I can't compare it to a 510 because I don't have one, but this thing is smooth. The draw is at least as smooth as a Sidesho. The throat hit is perfect. The vapor is absolutely impressive. And all this with an auto battery. I don't seem to like auto batteries much because I feel I don't get as much power, but on the 902 I might find myself preferring the auto. If a Sidesho feels about the size of an analog, the 902 feels like a Camel Wide, which I used to smoke for a time. I actually find it easy to refill a Sidesho, but you have to pop the inner cart out to do so. The 902 is much easier for refilling because of what you've mentioned already. The atty on the other hand is exposed on the Sidesho, so its easier for dripping. Like you mentioned the 902 holds a lot of juice, at least twice that of the Sidesho. Lastly, the 902 looks great. My daughter said it looked very sophisticated and expensive.

Now this isn't to say I prefer it over the Sidesho though. I'm back and forth on that one. I love the Sidesho. I love the size and that it looks like an analog. I like that the atty is exposed even though I prefer not dripping. I like the color options for all the parts of a Sidesho, even though I also love the look of the 902 as is. Even though I have to pop the inner cart out of a Sidesho to refill, I still find it easy and don't mind switching carts a few times a day because of them holding less juice. This is a really hard decision but I'm just happy I have two quality choices.

Garnoch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
NYC
Well, I'm not sure I can compare the two any differently than my 1st post in this thread. If you missed it, scroll up, but I love it. I love the Sidesho too though.

TW is in the UK so delivery times would be longer for me but as long as its getting good reviews and you're ok with something that looks larger, give it a try. The good thing with larger batteries of course is that they will last longer. :)

lightinup

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2010
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Well, I'm not sure I can compare the two any differently than my 1st post in this thread. If you missed it, scroll up, but I love it. I love the Sidesho too though.

TW is in the UK so delivery times would be longer for me but as long as its getting good reviews and you're ok with something that looks larger, give it a try. The good thing with larger batteries of course is that they will last longer. :)

Sorry Garnoch, I did miss it at first........blonde moment. :p Very good review. :D I think I will just take a little more time in deciding. By the way, TW is both in the UK and the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread