2nd Review of the 902

Status
Not open for further replies.

auTONYmous

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Michigan
Noob here, with a shopping cart all lined up full of 902 goodness, ready to push the "buy it" button, but I have a couple of burning questions (no pun intended):

1) I read in the first post, "No Leaking"...does that mean no liquid in the mouth, or you can basically vape it in any position, lay it fully assembled on the table, and not see any leaks? (I'm reading the 401s, 510 and the sideshow/l88b models will leak, and those are my backup choices, behind the 902)

2) I'm happy about the manual battery. What I'm not seeing (or haven't read far enough) is there a USB passthrough for the 902?

3) Is the 902 battery/atty compatible with other carts (say blu/sideshow/revolver/510)

4) I'm assuming the battery is a tad too big to ride fully assembled in the PCC, right?

I'd appreciate any responses. Thanks for helping out a noob!

kaeo773

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2009
Chicago USA
www.modernvapor.com
1) I read in the first post, "No Leaking"...does that mean no liquid in the mouth, or you can basically vape it in any position, lay it fully assembled on the table, and not see any leaks? (I'm reading the 401s, 510 and the sideshow/l88b models will leak, and those are my backup choices, behind the 902)

I don't experience any leaking form either carts 902/sidesho. Overfilling the carts with juice will make them leak. If you fill the carts properly, you will not have any leaks on either model.

2) I'm happy about the manual battery. What I'm not seeing (or haven't read far enough) is there a USB passthrough for the 902?

I have a few 902 passthroughs left, I will post the new batch when it comes in probaly on the site next week.

3) Is the 902 battery/atty compatible with other carts (say blu/sideshow/revolver/510)

You can only use 902 carts with the 902 atty. You can use any of those batteries you listed with the 902 atty/carts.

4) I'm assuming the battery is a tad too big to ride fully assembled in the PCC, right?
Correct

Chefdeuce

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2009
Green Bay WI
I don't own any 5v mod, if the passthroughs are really at 5v then I don't have any problems.

Chefdeuce- have you tested the passthrough to see what the volts are?

I haven't personally tested the Volts (won't even know how) but I was under the impression that all passthroughs run at 5V. Heres a post I found in ask the Experts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycityjeff
The reason I ask is I seem to get more flavor, vapor and atomizer performance with my pass-through than with even fully charged batteries.

Is there a reason for this?

Hi Jeff,

The USB passthoughs run at 5 Volt with as opposed to the stock batteries running at 3.7 Volt so there is a much more consistant and higher voltage using a passthough. It is great if you do not mind be teathered to a wire all day. But sitting at the computer, I never really saw that as a drawback. On the go is a different story.

Sun

neonerz

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2009
watchreadvape.com
@chefduce: some USB passthroughs have batteries in them, that would drop the voltage down to 3.7. Can you use the USB passthrough while its not plugged in? If you can, its def not 5v. Just because you can't doesn't necessarily mean it is 5v, but I would say it *probably* is. Using a multimeter would easily tell you what voltage the usb passthrough is. Just put the positive side onto the contact inside the battery connector, and the negative side onto some kind of ground. I never seen the USB passthrough's Tony has, but if its anything like the normal batteries, the metal casing is a ground.

@auTONYmous: just one comment. Overfilling either will cause leakage, but with the 902, I've NEVER had leakage into my mouth, and the only time I leak out the battery side is when I EXTREMELY overfill it.

@crippledbazooka: I'd either make one, or see if a modder on this site would make you one. I'm pretty sure any 5v portable USB charger that would last you any amount of time is going to run you a pretty penny. A quick google search showed up ~$60

deitra

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2009
NoWhere
I have the 902. After I received my 901s I put the 902s in my drawer. Mainly because my 901s came with the 100 carts I ordered. This has been several months ago. I pulled it out yesterday and took a puff. After months is was still charged and hit great. It has a very smooth draw, great th and makes lots of vapor.

Last edited by a moderator:

Viv Savage

ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Biting my tongue already! Tony keeps his promises! I went to cook some dinner after my ast post and by the time I got back to my computer the 902 starter kit and E-Juice had shipped. Thanks Tony I'v already recommended your site to a friend who was gonna go with Blu cigs.

LOVE your avatar, 2112!! But I think you should put on Vapor Trails when you get your 902 :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread