Status
Not open for further replies.

Chefdeuce

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2009
Green Bay WI
My 2nd Review of Modern Vapor's 902

Who needs a 510 when you have a 902!

So I decided to rewrite my review after receiving new accessories and a few weeks of use. This is my 2nd Review of the 902 one of best E-cigs on the market.
The 902 is an upgraded 901 available from Modern Vapor.

Discloser: This was sent to me as a sample for testing and review. I am not affiliated or work for Modern Vapor. I ordered most of the items after trying my tester. I’m offering an unbiased review.

1. Tony's customer service. I don't need to say more! For those of you that haven't had the pleasure, let me assure you that Tony at Modern Vapor takes care of his customers! Finding a good company is very important to me, and I’m glad to have Modern Vapor.

2. Looks and Feels Sleek black paint and a well balanced feel make this a natural extension of the hand.

3. Vapor I'm easily getting just as much or more Vapor as I did with my 510, Taste is great and the vapor is a thick beautiful cloud. In my original post I said that it was a fog machine. Neonerz told me I needed to try it at 5V, which leads me into…

4. Passthrough Tony also sent me a USB passthrough to try out. This runs at 5V instead of the regular 3.7V the batts run at. You can also use sidesho attys with it!
Wow is all I can say. Neonerz was right, I get great clouds from juices that didn’t get good vapor on other units. The passthrough brings good juices to life. Full of flavor and more vapor than an analog.

5. Price I’ve bought enough other PV’s and searched enough websites to tell you this is a great deal. It's an outstanding product plus you get two complete E-cigs (2 batteries and two attys) carts, and a PCC to keep you charged all day. Althought you can find cheaper deals online remember “You get what you pay for.” Plus Tony has a coupon code for 20% off for ECF members.

6. Quality. The 902 is put together with care, it is clean and smooth the threads are nice and tight, and the paint is a quality powder coat. This is a high quality product all the way around.

7. Battery My Auto stayed going for hours before I had to recharge, and the manual works great in places that an auto doesn’t. I probably get about 3-4 hours out of each charge.

8. The PCC With the PCC you can have one batt charging and one vaping so you will always have a strong battery. The PCC will charge between 3 and 4 batteries in between charges. That gives me all I need to stay charged all day. Sometimes two days if I’m using the passthrough. Plus it is cut to handle manual batteries. Instead of screwing to batts in to charge all you need to do is push them down. Nice feature.

9. Carts This thing hold a lot of juice, almost 1ml. This will keep you vaping and not refilling. This cart is also easy for mods and filling just pop the cart off the back and load with juice. The foam is right at the top of the cart so there is no inner cart piece to mess with.

10. The Draw Just a light pull and a mouth full of vapor, no trying to suck a bowling ball through a garden hose. Also provides great throat hit and here’s the best part, NO LEAKING!

IMO this is the best 3.7V E-cig on the market! They should call it the fog machine. And at 5V the computer screen has limited visibility!

Down side.
The only down side I see is there isn’t a 5V portable mod. That would rock!

jcamacho

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Corpus Christi, Texas
I have never heard of this model before or supplier. Does anyone else have personal experience with them? I looked at the website and they sure do look pretty, especially the blue ones or combo of blue/stainless steel. I was going to try one but the 902 seems to be sold out at the moment. The sideshow is also listed but I'm not familiar with that model either. I would like to hear more before I buy.

dijohn76

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2009
Cascade,MT
I have never heard of this model before or supplier. Does anyone else have personal experience with them? I looked at the website and they sure do look pretty, especially the blue ones or combo of blue/stainless steel. I was going to try one but the 902 seems to be sold out at the moment. The sideshow is also listed but I'm not familiar with that model either. I would like to hear more before I buy.

I have both the sidesho and the old 902. I purchase last summer almost as soon as Tony opened and I have always been more than satisfied, both with product and customer service. I plan on ordering the new 902 when available again, hoping for a red one Tony!!!!!! Anyway, you can't go wrong.

neonerz

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2009
watchreadvape.com
So I can use the Sidesho battery but is there a difference or benefit specific to the 902 battery?

I haven't seem much difference between the 902 and sideshow battery besides size. I guess the best answer to your question is the 902 battery fits better (cosmetically) on the 902 atty. The 902 battery won't fit in a sideshow pcc, but I'm sure the sideshow battery would fit in the 902 pcc (can anyone confirm?)

I suspect (I haven't ripped apart a 902 battery yet) that both the 902 and sideshow have the identical battery though.

@tony or chefdeuce: have you used the sideshow atty for any extended period of time at 5v? Mine died pretty quickly at 5v, and I haven't attempted another.

@chefdeuce: wait and see my 5v battery mod that I'm putting the finish touches on. It could run two 14500 batteries for 5v, one for 3.7 volt, and a USB port for passthrough purposes. Its all built into an old Fender auto guitar tuner. It's about 85% done.

neonerz

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2009
watchreadvape.com
All I really have left is mounting the atomizer connector (which is turning into a bigger deal then I thought), and picking up some resisters so I don't blow the LEDs (I've been testing with two 1.5 volt AAs, but 5v to a LED blows it within a few seconds).

My dremel is dead, and my drill is boxed up somewhere after I moved, so I had to make all the holes with my soldering iron. Doesn't look too bad though.

kaeo773

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2009
Chicago USA
www.modernvapor.com
I will put the NEW passthroughs on the site for the 902's when I get the new shipment. I will finally have manual passthroughs for the Sidesho in the next 2 weeks as well. You could still use either passthrough for both models, they have the same thread pattern.

crippledbazooka- shoot me a PM, I still a few 902 sample passthoughs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread