2X life.. functionality

Status
Not open for further replies.

opal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2012
So.. I have had my batteries since mid October and my 2X's seem to be acting up.
They seem to be losing charges faster - but then taking less time to charge up.

I can take a few very successful drags.. then it's work to puff on them.. if I'm sitting holding and vaping on them fairly constantly. If I set it down for a couple minutes then pick it back up.. same thing.. two or three good draws then it's like I'm sucking air.

I have two that I have either on passthru or just charged and working with most of the day. I have been using the 78s when I go out of the house... trying to extend their time with me :)

I have cartos.. xl cartos, nano's and clearos that I swap around pretty regularly too.

Is this behavior by the 2x's expected.. that they have a better draw for two or three hits then they need a rest?

niterider

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2012
State College, PA
That's definitely not normal. When you say you are sucking air, are you saying you're not getting anything? Not sure if you have an auto or a manual but I would take the cap off the bottom and check to see if the LED is lighting up when you take a drag. If it's an auto and you see no light then you may have a bad connection and will need to adjust the battery post slightly up to get a good contact. If's a manual, the LED will light up no matter what so you will probably still need to see if adjusting the battery post solves your issue.

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
In addition to what niterider said. Make sure to clean the contacts on the battery. I use a cotton swab dipped in alcohol. Clean the threads around the post inside the groove. You should also clean the threads on the delivery system too.

Not sure if auto or manual but there are airholes on the thread. I usually stick a toothpick in those to clean out the liquid. I am not gentle with mine but you can be too rough on them or you will jam the battery post down. Also clean around the battery with a toothpick and tissue. I clean mine about once or every two weeks.

Make sure to let dry after using alcohol on them. Not sure if you really need to but better to be safe than sorry.

opal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2012
i use vinegar to clean the batts.. about every day.. tooth pick.. soft cloth and cotton balls. My batts are autos.. not fond of the buttons.. I forget to push them (have an e cab I don't like because of the button) I even wipe the threads down (soft rag... clean old t-shirt rag) each time I change a cart..nano..clearo.

the cap is off.. it happens even when using it as a passthrough. I read in another thread between when I posted here and now that I might be getting ahead of my delivery system.. not giving the wicks/filler time to juice themselves back up.. since laying the battery down for a couple minutes tends to resolve the issue.

I just like my juice too much I guess

niterider

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2012
State College, PA
i use vinegar to clean the batts.. about every day.. tooth pick.. soft cloth and cotton balls. My batts are autos.. not fond of the buttons.. I forget to push them (have an e cab I don't like because of the button) I even wipe the threads down (soft rag... clean old t-shirt rag) each time I change a cart..nano..clearo.

the cap is off.. it happens even when using it as a passthrough. I read in another thread between when I posted here and now that I might be getting ahead of my delivery system.. not giving the wicks/filler time to juice themselves back up.. since laying the battery down for a couple minutes tends to resolve the issue.

I just like my juice too much I guess

So you're saying that the LED does light up during those nothing but air hits? Just trying to pinpoint the problem. It is possible that you are hitting it like freight train and not giving it enough time to wick, but in my experience, i tend to get a burnt taste when that happens not just "sucking air".

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
Strange. I had the issue twice. I cleaned the batts and that worked. I use autos too. It doesn't look like a cleaning issue.

I would guess the way nite is going could be the issue. I have 4 or 5 auto X2s. Never had that issue where it wouldn't fire except when I purposefully hit the cuttoff and tried to puff too soon after.

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
After a long draw (all batteries are different - some of my X2s are 5 seconds up to 10 seconds) the batteries have a cut off feature that stops the battery. 5 to 10 (or so) seconds. the light will blink a few times and then you have to wait X amount of seconds or so until the bat will fire again. So on my white 1300 which has around a 10 second cutoff. I can take a 10 second hit (the led will flash a few times) and the battery cuts off. If I try to hit immediately after I will be sucking air.

opal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2012
ah ha.. that's probably it.. at least sometimes

interesting observation.. when I do a draw that lights the light but dimly (yep.. I do see a difference in luminosity in the LED) if I blow on the bottom where the wire plugs in.. it sometimes straightens itself out - and this is on both of my rainbow 1300s

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
ah ha.. that's probably it.. at least sometimes

interesting observation.. when I do a draw that lights the light but dimly (yep.. I do see a difference in luminosity in the LED) if I blow on the bottom where the wire plugs in.. it sometimes straightens itself out - and this is on both of my rainbow 1300s

Hmmm hard to say but not sure that was it. It should flash a few times when you hit the cutoff. If you are blowing through the bottom and it is correcting sounds like something is loose or something is stuck in like night said.

One other thing you may try is to clean the threads around the bottom cap.. alcohol or vinegar in your case. Just be careful around the passthrough area and of course let it dry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread