Not open for further replies.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Thanks for the confirmation.

Not a dry burner kind of user here. This would be after about a month of use.

I've had cartos and atty's last for a month or more and I've went through a box in a few days. Anything that's made like attys and cartos don't really have a set time for how long they last. I figure at $8.00 a pack for cigarettes I'm not spending I'm still way ahead of the game.:)

Got-Ta-Go

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2012
OTP Atlanta, Georgia
I keep telling myself the same thing about not spending the daily $X amount on cigarettes. The problem is, now I'm into using the future non-spending amounts to offset the current monies on VV mods, RBA's, telescoping mods, etc. etc. If I had only smoked more each day, it would make justification easier!!

Not complaining about the life of the 3.5 ohm. The one that does sting is the 1.8 ohm io6 that completely fell apart while putting a drip tip on it; never got a chance to even fire it up.

I've had cartos and atty's last for a month or more and I've went through a box in a few days. Anything that's made like attys and cartos don't really have a set time for how long they last. I figure at $8.00 a pack for cigarettes I'm not spending I'm still way ahead of the game.:)

pyro12

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2011
Pittsburgh
I'm sure to get flamed/banned for this, but I think there was a bad batch of io6's that went out. The ones I got from ecighcharleston either popped or glew (past tense of glow) red when I fired them up.

I've had awesome io6's and I have some that were... not awesome.

I look at it as trying to be on the cutting edge of any technology - sometimes you'll get burned. I bought a betamax in the 80s, too.

Ike will get it exactly right one of these days.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
I'm sure to get flamed/banned for this, but I think there was a bad batch of io6's that went out. The ones I got from ecighcharleston either popped or glew (past tense of glow) red when I fired them up.

I've had awesome io6's and I have some that were... not awesome.

I look at it as trying to be on the cutting edge of any technology - sometimes you'll get burned. I bought a betamax in the 80s, too.

Ike will get it exactly right one of these days.
Probably a rookie atty roller in the factory since they are all made by hand. The specs haven't changed. FWIW the same thing use to happen occasionally with premium cigars. That being said the really expensive premiums were rolled by the top rollers.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
It makes me feel better reading this post. I'm not alone.

My primary vape has been w/ iO6's for the last 8 months. Overall they last quite long. But a couple months ago - I was quite frustrated. I went through 4 or 5 of them in a week. Some died in 1 day others lasted only a few days. I was beginning to thin my PV was blowing them out. The two in circulation now are probably 1 month and 2 month's old and still working well.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Pretty expensive week for you!

One was about a month old, one about 2 months (so can't really complain too much about those) - but then the next 3 didn't last more that 2 - 3 days. Was down to my last couple and the Ikenvape store disappeared (yikes). That made me nervous. A juice vendor was nice enough to sell me a couple-few of his, and that was nice. He had a good stockpile, as he uses them for taste testing his juices.

ZooKansas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2011
Kansas City, MO USA
Glad to see this discussion. I too have had bad luck with i06's ordered from vendors other than Isaac. Didn't change anything about my vaping style with them, but went from getting an average of 30 days of use to about 14. Same issues; burnt taste, the red glow, and flooding. Never experienced them before when ordering my i06's from IKV directly. Just ordered a new one from IKV, and hoping that will prove to be the resolution to getting the performance back that I've come to love about these.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Glad to see this discussion. I too have had bad luck with i06's ordered from vendors other than Isaac. Didn't change anything about my vaping style with them, but went from getting an average of 30 days of use to about 14. Same issues; burnt taste, the red glow, and flooding. Never experienced them before when ordering my i06's from IKV directly. Just ordered a new one from IKV, and hoping that will prove to be the resolution to getting the performance back that I've come to love about these.
FWIW you could have experienced the same problem if you had ordered them from Isaac, because all his re-sellers get the product from him. There is only one way to sell IKV product, and that is going through the man :)

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
The 801s are definitely worth trying. The draw is much airier, but the flavor is very good and vapor production is excellent. A more relaxed vape then the i06. For me, the 901s combine the best features of both.

Best to have a few of each to match your mood :)
Couldn't have said it better myself :)

Got-Ta-Go

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2012
OTP Atlanta, Georgia
Good to know about the 901s. I'll look into them.

I tried the Cannons', liked them okay but did not care for the whistle tips on them.

Any issues with either the 801 or 901 attys falling apart? I don't mean burning out, I mean coming to pieces like the first io6 I tried.

The 801s are definitely worth trying. The draw is much airier, but the flavor is very good and vapor production is excellent. A more relaxed vape then the i06. For me, the 901s combine the best features of both.

Best to have a few of each to match your mood :)

evilfrog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
portland OR
Good to know about the 901s. I'll look into them.

I tried the Cannons', liked them okay but did not care for the whistle tips on them.

Any issues with either the 801 or 901 attys falling apart? I don't mean burning out, I mean coming to pieces like the first io6 I tried.

No nothing like that (I've lost a couple i06's to ultatight drip tips and one to the grateful vapor sleeve so I feel your pain!).
The 801 and 901 are much more orthodox in design. They come with whistle tips, but you can buy a couple regular drip tips to use with them. Any 510 tip will work on the 901 and can be found on Iken's site (among many other places) in the Parts and Accessories area, but the 801 requires a larger tip and I don't know if Iken sells them. They are easily found elsewhere.
I don't like to have to remove the tip for dripping, so I get wide-mouthed tips. And I chain-vape a lot, so I tend to avoid metal as it can heat up after a while. YMMV.

From what I understand the 510 cannons should be almost exactly the same as the 801s in every way but the threading. I haven't tried my cannon out yet to compare, but that is the impression I got from the site... I'm sure someone else here has tried both?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread