3.7v at Batteries Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexprobb

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2009
Louisville, KY
Battery Junction also has the ultrafire 3.6v protected batteries just like the ones that I got with my Xhaler for 3.95 I think. If you can wait a few weeks, dealextreme usually has really cheap prices but they are in china and it takes forever to get them.
Could be just bad luck, but my ultrafire suck. One has faulty protection circuit-cuts it off completely (0 V) after 1 or 2 puffs. RCR123 work flawlessly.

lunaras

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2009
Nowhere
I've tried charging and discharging these bats a couple times and have not had a repeat of the voltages I saw on the first charge, so I'm chalking this up to them being new batteries and this causing issues. I won't be RMAing the charger since it seems to be working fine now. I am using them now after charging and then letting them sit for a few hours for them to settle down to about 3.3-3.4v . This gives a smooth, but stronger vape than the standard 3.7v bat.

Hopefully no one else has problems like this, but I just wanted to let other know, that the batteries settle down after a little while.

Up In Vapor

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2009
Knoxville, TN
I've tried charging and discharging these bats a couple times and have not had a repeat of the voltages I saw on the first charge, so I'm chalking this up to them being new batteries and this causing issues. I won't be RMAing the charger since it seems to be working fine now. I am using them now after charging and then letting them sit for a few hours for them to settle down to about 3.3-3.4v . This gives a smooth, but stronger vape than the standard 3.7v bat.

Hopefully no one else has problems like this, but I just wanted to let other know, that the batteries settle down after a little while.

Good news! Thanks for the update.

lunaras

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2009
Nowhere
i had a question about the batteries that i have seen for my pv im looking at a 18650 at 3000mah 3.7v, would that lead to longer battery life, or could i go with something a little cheaper like a 1000mah

3000 mah would give you a longer battery life. However, if both batteries have the same C rating, (I believe li-ions are usually around 1C) the 3000 mah can deliver a higher amperage before the voltage drops due to internal resistance. So if both have a 1C rating, the 3000mah bat can deliver a maximum of 3A before the voltage drops, while the 1000mah bat can only deliver 1A.

Twister

ECF Veteran
Jul 11, 2009
Conley, GA
I have been using the 900mAh 3.0v Tenergy batteries in the Xhaler for five days now. They have been performing well with the 901, 501, and 801. No burned out attys yet. Being a very heavy vapor, 4 batts last me all day and start the next day. Performance does not seem to slowly degrade as they discharge. They just quit suddenly when ready for recharge. Recharge time for 2 has been 2 to 3 hours. If a problem comes up, I'll let you know.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread