3.7v at Batteries Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twister

ECF Veteran
Jul 11, 2009
Conley, GA
The only batts I could find locally to fit the Xhaler were the 3.7v 750mah li-on at batteries Plus. Then I saw the price. $9.99 each. 8-oOutrageous to me but I guess if you were in a pinch. They also had the charger with no batts for $26.99. I ordered mine on line. For that price, I can wait. They did not have the 3v or its charger.

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
Last edited:

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Battery Junction also has the ultrafire 3.6v protected batteries just like the ones that I got with my Xhaler for 3.95 I think. If you can wait a few weeks, dealextreme usually has really cheap prices but they are in china and it takes forever to get them.

Twister

ECF Veteran
    Jul 11, 2009
    Conley, GA
    2 RCR123A 3.0V 750mAh Rechargeable LiFePO4 Li-Ion Batteries with AC/DC Smart Charger

Sorry Twister!!! I actually am waiting for an order of these and some extra batts as well...These are the best and safest I have found...It also has a car charger in the kit...Pretty good customer service with fast shipping..
    Drew

Thanks Drew. :cool:I had actually gone to the same site before I saw your post and ordered a similar set with the 900mAh 3v and charger. Hope it will work. What do you think?
    4 Pack RCR123A 3V 900mAh Rechargeable Li-Ion Battery with Smart Charger
    4 Pack RCR123A 3V 900mAh Rechargeable Li-Ion Battery with Smart Charger (as low as) $24.79!

Charger Features:
    • Smart, build-in microprocessor automatically switch off when batteries are fully charged.
    • Safe build-in IC provides various protection, Thermal protection, Overcharge protection, Short-circuit protection, mechanical. and electrical protection against reversal polarity, and auto defective battery identification.
    • Includes 100-240V AC adapter for worldwide use and a convenient, DC 12V car cigarette lighter plug for on the road charging.
    • Compact ( 2.5 x 4 x 1 inch ), Light weight (only 5 oz), include charger and all accessories.
    • Charge 1 to 2 RCR123A from 1.5 hours to 3 hours. Peak voltage of 3.0V Li-Ion will be 3.60V after fully

lotus14

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 3, 2009
    Columbia SC
    Well darn! I thought for sure Batteries plus would have the 3v. At least you saved me a trip down there.

Hmm...they're listed on their website. I think I'd call first. ;)

The Tenergy batts (in all sizes) are usually considered better quality then Trustfire or Ultrafire but a bit pricier. Well worth it IMO.

Up In Vapor

ECF Veteran
    Oct 1, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
    I bought the same kit as Twister a few weeks ago for my SB and was getting some melting carts, even with proper alignment. Then I read this post by Zofryer:
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...tml#post741528

and decided to buy these batteries:
    Combo Kit: 6 RCR123A 3.0V 750mAh LiFePO4 Rechargeable Batteries with a Smart Charger , which are the same Tenergy 750mah batteries Drew included in the XH5 elite kits. Now I have 8 of these batteries, 2 chargers and 2 car adapters, LOL. My Xhaler will never be powerless! If you buy these batteries use coupon code "black09" for 8% off. I don't work for Battery Junction, just trying to help ;)

Twister

ECF Veteran
    Jul 11, 2009
    Conley, GA
    I bought the same kit as Twister a few weeks ago for my SB and was getting some melting carts, even with proper alignment. Then I read this post by Zofryer:
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...tml#post741528

and decided to buy these batteries:
    Combo Kit: 6 RCR123A 3.0V 750mAh LiFePO4 Rechargeable Batteries with a Smart Charger , which are the same Tenergy 750mah batteries Drew included in the XH5 elite kits. Now I have 8 of these batteries, 2 chargers and 2 car adapters, LOL. My Xhaler will never be powerless! If you buy these batteries use coupon code "black09" for 8% off. I don't work for Battery Junction, just trying to help ;)

8-oThanks for the heads up. I will have to keep an eye on them and meter them. Melting carts shouldn't be a problem since I usually drip and tailpipe the 801. Just as long as it doesn't start popping attys. If it's a problem, Drew will probably have the 750s in by then and so I'll just order from him. Need to put a juice order in soon anyway. Where have I heard that before?:rolleyes:

SurvivorMcGyver

Ol' Timer
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    I struggled on my purchase decision between the 900 mAh and the 750. My research indicated that the LifePo4 Li-ion has a slightly higher operating voltage than the 900 mAh Li-ion - 3.2 vs 3.0 respectively.

The 900 does start out at 3.2 but switches to 3V within 12 ms when placed under load (see chart below). I could not find this feature with the LifePo4 Li-ion and actually read elsewhere (perhaps in the modders forums) that the output people were getting from 2 of the LifePo4’s was, in the some cases, as high as 7.9 volts ) www dot e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/battery-mods/50487-lifepo4-battery-voltage.html#post755968

(you'll have to copy, paste and edit the link as I have too few posts to post direct links)

YIKES 8-o

My target being 5-6 volts; I THOUGHT I made the right decision plus I’m getting longer run times between charges.

Did I go wrong here? :confused:

FROM TENERGY www dot tenergybattery.com

Item Number: 30201

• Rechargeable CR123A Li-Ion Batteries with 3.0V working voltage and 900mAh capacity.
    • Tenergy RCR123A can be recharged up to 1000 times. 1 RCR123A Li-ion = 1000 CR123A Primary Cells
    • Replaces most of CR123A primary Lithium battery for a digital cameras and flashlight
    • Internal voltage regulators.
    • Modified Voltage to achieve 3.2v at full voltage; once loaded, cell voltage drops to 3.0v.
    • Internal over-charge and over-discharge protection to prevent battery over use. The current will be shut off when the battery voltage drops below 2.5V.
    • Dimension: 16 D x 34 H mm. (The height 34mm includes the button top)
    • Weight: 17 g or 0.6 Oz.
    • Good for flashlights, Camera etc.
    • This battery is not compatible with SureFire Flashlights
    TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
    Symbol
    Name
    Conditions
    MIN.
    TYPICAL
    MAX.
    Unit
    VDET1

Over-Charge

detect voltage

V
    TVDDET1
    Output delay of over-Charge
    C3=0.01uF, VDD=3.6, V->4.4V
    ms
    VDET2

Over-discharge

detect voltage

V
    TVDET2
    Output delay of over-Discharge
    VDD=3.6V,V->2.4V
    ms
    VDET3
    Excess current detect voltage

<0.125
    V
    IEC
    Excess current threshold

A
    TVDET3
    Output delay of Excess current
    VDD=3.0V
    ms
    IDD
    Supply current
    VDD=3.9V, V-=0V

uA
    ISTANDBY
    Standby current
    VDD=2.0V

uA

Item Number: 30200

New Chemical LiFePO4 Li-Ion battery
    • Rechargeable LiFePO4 RCR123A 3.0V 750mAhBattery
    • Life cycle: 2000 times (Traditional Li-ion: 500 times)
    • Never explode or catch fire
    • 100% Compatible with Disposable CR123A Batteries
    • Working Voltage:3.2V and Peak Voltage: 3.6V
    • Charging cut-off voltage: 3.6V
    • Discharge cut-off voltage: 2.2V
      • Please never overdischarge battery below 2.2V/cell
      • Charge the this battery with LiFePO4 RCR123A smart charger.
    • Capacity: 750 mAh
    • Maximum discharging rate:< 550 mA
    • Maximum charge current: <550 mA
    • Cell's dimension: 17mm Dia. x 34.5mm H.
    • Weight: 0.6 oz (18 grams).

Up In Vapor

ECF Veteran
    Oct 1, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
    I have a pretty good supply now of Tenergy 750's and 900's, but I'm still not too clear on which one will perform best within specs for xhaler. I do remember hearing Drew say that he thought the 750's were the safest for some reason. Hopefully Drew can chime in here with a more experienced perspective on this. Whichever has the least chance of blowing up attys will be the batteries I'll use.

Thanks!

BTW, I've used both of these 3 volt batteries at mostly 5 volt setting and had no atomizers die yet using mostly 510 with some 901 sprinkled in :)

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
    Mar 14, 2009
    New Jersey
    www.nhaler.com
    After talking to Matt, at Battery Junction(the owner) and a VERY knowledgable guy who pretty much eats and sleeps batteries, I decided to stick withe 750 mah batts....Mainly because I had allready sold over 100 units with these chargers and didnt want to tell everyone I had new batts for sale but they wouldnt work with the chargers they had bought...I will probably get some of the 900 mah also after I get some and test them out...Im not sure if the 900 mah will melt carts MORE than the 750s but I havent used them yet and would be inclined to take UpinVapors word...Although I have melted many carts with even the 510 batts somehow...I think it is the length of time you hold the button and the length of draw you take...I know I have done less cart burning since using the slug blue foam cart mod by Eclypse...Drew

lunaras

ECF Veteran
    Sep 27, 2009
    Nowhere
    I struggled on my purchase decision between the 900 mAh and the 750. My research indicated that the LifePo4 Li-ion has a slightly higher operating voltage than the 900 mAh Li-ion - 3.2 vs 3.0 respectively.

The 900 does start out at 3.2 but switches to 3V within 12 ms when placed under load (see chart below). I could not find this feature with the LifePo4 Li-ion and actually read elsewhere (perhaps in the modders forums) that the output people were getting from 2 of the LifePo4’s was, in the some cases, as high as 7.9 volts ) www dot e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/battery-mods/50487-lifepo4-battery-voltage.html#post755968

I'm the OP on that thread and I did get those initially off the charger at 3.95v, but they drop to about 3.4-3.5v pretty soon. They are supposed to drop to 3.0v at about 90% charge, but vaping at 7v has been too rough for me to let it drop to the 90% charge so far. I'm still trying them once my throat and lungs stop burning from the previous test, but so far not so great. Tastes vary, and many have had good luck with them, so they may work great for you.

I may also just have a bad charger since the output should be 3.5v, so it should never have gotten up to 3.9. If it continues to work this way, I'll be contacting BatteryJunction to see if my charger is defective.

lunaras

ECF Veteran
    Sep 27, 2009
    Nowhere
    Lunaras, I am curious what device you are using and Thanks
    for the info...
    Drew

It was 2 RCR123A 3.0V 750mAh Rechargeable LiFePO4 Li-Ion Batteries with AC/DC Smart Charger with 6 cells instead of 2. I was using a Chuck with a 510 atty. The 510 atty had 2.1 ohm resistance and somehow is still going strong using a 3.7 18650 batt.

I think I'll contact them and see if something is wrong with the charger, or if that's normal. If it's normal and the charger is not defective, I'm going to see if I can exchange them for some extra 18650s.

edit: I contacted BatteryJunction to see whether they believe the charger is defective, or if that is just the normal charging characteristics of these batteries. I'll post their response here.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread