3 mo. old ProVari Mini stopped working...HELP?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch81

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2013
Miami/Chicago
I switched one VIvi Nova tank with another to change favors and it just stopped vaping. There is no sound at all emitted from the mini. The batteries are not the issue because I can still access the menu. So the board is ok. There is no fried juice, I swabbed/dried the connection. I'm so frustrated, 3 months, 0 problems til today. I have dropped it a few times but it never effected it. It fell on concrete maybe twice, all of them in the 1st month so that can't be the cause. The battery was charged fully. The center posts look fine, that can't be it. Tried cartomizers, replaced new 2.8 ohmz recently on both Vivis. Strangely, when I hit the button, the screen is blank, but when I access the menu, it turns on. Usually I'd see the voltage when I hit the button.

https://provape.zendesk.com/entries/22318001-op-when-reading-your-ohms

Went here because it read AO, followed this

https://provape.zendesk.com/entries/22317921-Important-Please-Read-This-First

Ugh, sent email... Waiting for this grueling process to get underway.

Last edited:

Dutch81

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2013
Miami/Chicago
No backups! You could imagine how I was feeling. It works now, don't ask how. One of my tanks work, one doesn't. The connections were cleaned hours ago, I tried taking off the 501 adapter, changed new 2.8 ohms. I have no idea how i fixed it but the red Nova tank works everything perfectly! .... When I compared the shape of the 2 circles at the bottom of the tank, they're similar. Ironically, my dads Mini should've been here by today by 1pm but its not. I was planning on not telling him it came until mine was repaired. It's easier for him to keep smoking analogs for a few more weeks than me resisting analogs without my mini. Would've been torturous as it doesn't look like it'll be delivered today. The post office probably messed up, they're incompetent in my neighborhood.

Does anyone know what could've caused this?

Thompson

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2012
North of NorCal
If the menu still works fine, my best guess is the positive pin on the VVN got pushed up and isn't making contact with the positive pin on the Vari. Just try to wiggle it down with a small screwdriver or the likes. If that is the problem, then just don't over tighten delivery systems. If this is the case it will show OP(en) when you check the Ohms.

If it isn't, you may want to email provape.

Chimney34

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2012
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
No backups! You could imagine how I was feeling. It works now, don't ask how. One of my tanks work, one doesn't. The connections were cleaned hours ago, I tried taking off the 501 adapter, changed new 2.8 ohms. I have no idea how i fixed it but the red Nova tank works everything perfectly! .... When I compared the shape of the 2 circles at the bottom of the tank, they're similar. Ironically, my dads Mini should've been here by today by 1pm but its not. I was planning on not telling him it came until mine was repaired. It's easier for him to keep smoking analogs for a few more weeks than me resisting analogs without my mini. Would've been torturous as it doesn't look like it'll be delivered today. The post office probably messed up, they're incompetent in my neighborhood.

Does anyone know what could've caused this?

Glad to see that you're back up & running! You might want to contact Provape though. I would. And definitely invest in some kind of backup even if its just an ego so that if something ever does happen or you just need a repair or upgrade you won't be tempted to go back to the cigs. Hope your dads new toy gets there soon!

Oh! Love the organizer! Where did you get it?

GregoTX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2010
Lewisville, TX
Strangely, when I hit the button, the screen is blank, but when I access the menu, it turns on. Usually I'd see the voltage when I hit the button.

When you hit the button to vape the display doesn't display anything unless it's an error code. At least that's how mine works (I have a v2.5).

Dutch81

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2013
Miami/Chicago
Glad to see that you're back up & running! You might want to contact Provape though. I would. And definitely invest in some kind of backup even if its just an ego so that if something ever does happen or you just need a repair or upgrade you won't be tempted to go back to the cigs. Hope your dads new toy gets there soon!

Oh! Love the organizer! Where did you get it?

Thank you, i had my brother make it for me. He said he's willing to make more if he gets some requests. He's a carpenter so this was right up his alley. I like a lot of the stands I see online but most of them are too bulky and the ones that aren't hold 2-5 items, not good enough. This one is about 11" x 4.5" x 1", flatter than some books. I travel a lot so I wanted something portable, holds everything and looks nicer than a block of wood with a few holes in it. After 3 weeks of having all my accessories/juices in a small cardboard box, I couldn't take it anymore.

BTW, you might not have saved any money YET but your air sacs in your lungs are being spared. That's something money can't buy.

Last edited:

Dutch81

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2013
Miami/Chicago
Um, if the Provari works with one tank but not another how can you say that the Provari has a problem?

At the time, both stopped working with and w/o the adapter for almost 2 hrs. I still don't know how even one is working now. It wouldn't even emit a noise when I would be holding down the button.

I was almost certain I'd be without my Mini for weeks, the PV support told me pretty much the same thing Thompson said.
The only thing I can remember is I kind of pushed in the coil behind the battery closer to the cap, then pulled it out a bit.

No more problems with the Mini, false alarm! Works like new.
Thank you all for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread