Status
Not open for further replies.

Possum64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
Hi All. I am new member to your forum but have been sneaking around reading it for about 4 weeks. I made the decision to stop smoking and started by 'investigoogling' as much information as I could on vaping prior to buying any devices etc. About 2 weeks ago I finally settled on the Aspire Zelos with the nautilus 2 tank. I MTL on 12mg at a whopping 8.5w!! (And am dual using - 3 to 4 cigs a day but from what I have read that is ok).

I LOVE smoking and have never had the desire, nor the need to give up....until recently. Residing in Australia, we have had yet another price rise on tobacco products, taking a pack of 25 cigarettes to around $30 (that is $23.88 US). Further price rises are set for March 2018 and it is predicted by 2020 a pack of 25 will be $40 (or $31.84 US). Personally, I think the price may be even higher by then. As a pack a day smoker, I have finally reached my limit! Your forum is by far one of the most interesting and friendly ones I have come across and the advice and tips I have already gleened is outstanding. Thank you to everyone for sharing your knowledge and experience.
Catherine

Last edited:

adept1

Verified Member
Sep 17, 2017
Good luck to you. Aside from the obvious health benefits, vaping is just so much better.
  • No need to waste a whole cigarette when you just want a couple of puffs.
  • No stinky hands, clothes, hair, or car.
  • No stained teeth.
  • Thousands of different flavors.
  • No litter.
  • The ability to inhale ridiculous amounts of nicotine :) Try 12mg in a DTL set up sometime!
I was in Australia last year. Aside from them not even having the cigarettes I like (Marlboro Black Menthol), those prices! I thought Singapore was expensive, but Australia has us beat handily.

Possum64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
Thanks adept1. What you say is so true! The prices here are dreadful. In my years of smoking I was always a menthol fan, but have not heard of the Marlboro Black Menthol..and I would know it if it was ever available!
I am loving this vaping thing. Still sit out the back on the veranda as I did when full time smoking - now I chain vape till my hearts content. The flavours available are wonderful too. And I do so enjoy not smelling like an ashtray.
I have NO idea how to do the DTL business though. Looked at quite a few videos etc but still have no clue. I am afraid I am going to choke to death! Maybe I have just smoked MTL for too long??
Just have to stop those pesky few stinkies that I enjoy ☹️.....soon.
Catherine

adept1

Verified Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thanks adept1. What you say is so true! The prices here are dreadful. In my years of smoking I was always a menthol fan, but have not heard of the Marlboro Black Menthol..and I would know it if it was ever available!
I am loving this vaping thing. Still sit out the back on the veranda as I did when full time smoking - now I chain vape till my hearts content. The flavours available are wonderful too. And I do so enjoy not smelling like an ashtray.
I have NO idea how to do the DTL business though. Looked at quite a few videos etc but still have no clue. I am afraid I am going to choke to death! Maybe I have just smoked MTL for too long??
Just have to stop those pesky few stinkies that I enjoy ☹️.....soon.
Catherine

Marlboro Black Menthol has been around for only a few years. Basically, it's a medium strength Marlboro with a stronger than normal amount of menthol. I've got two packs in my desk drawer at work, each with only one or two cigarettes missing. As long as I've got juice, I have no urge to smoke them. I should just give them away before they go stale!

Possum64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
Thank you! Yes, sometimes enough is enough. I could still AFFORD to smoke, but fair dinkum, trying to justify $30 a day is getting beyond ridiculous. I won't type the total per month because the number terrifies me...ok then...$900!!!

Being very new at this vaping, I don't DIY anything (expect a bit of basic e-liquid) and have worked out it will be about $40 a month total for all my bits and bobs. AND I am enjoying the journey, not in a small part because of this forum and community.
Catherine

Last edited:

Possum64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
Hey adept1. I don't know how to do the 'quote' thing yet...or even if I am able to as yet. The closest I can remember is the Marlboro 'menthol burst' or something similar.

Good on you for not smoking them! I am so not up to that stage yet....baby steps
Catherine

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
WELCOME!! I also enjoyed smoking, and after 30 plus years myself I knew I was only hurting myself. I duel used for several months and one day just stopped the smoking altogether. Now well into my second year I'm still in awe at how vaping has been so life changing for me.

Glad you joined, and much success to you! :thumbs:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Hi Catherine, glad you are getting going with vaping, and glad you decided to join in the fun! Welcome to ECF, and just go easy on those last few cigs. A lot of folks dual used to start, and tapering cigs is actually a great way to get through detox a little easier. Welcome to ECF, and I'm sure you will get to vaping alone soon!

Anna

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Welcome to ECF! I dual used for a while, too. That first one in the morning was the hardest to give up. But then I realized that if I stopped buying cigarettes, I'd stop smoking them!

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Good morning Catherine. So glad you decided to join ECF. Your dog is stunning! DTL is not for everyone, it is the only way I vape now. If you decide you want to try it down the line I would suggest a Kanger Toptank. You can mtl or dtl (and everything in between) with it , coils are good and has a decent rba head. Great transition tank that you can keep using if dtl isn't for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread