$39.99 Joye eGo Kits - Limited ECF Offer [50 Units Max]

Status
Not open for further replies.

librarising

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2010
New York
etchhhh! Ordered on the 14th, arrived at FedEx location (SanDiego) on the 15th....and has not yet been updated since! Shame on you FedEx! :grr:

FedEx ground to the east coast is the pits. I had the same frustration when I ordered my Riva from LF a little while back. It sat at FedEx in San Diego up until the last possible moment. I would understand it if truly went ground, but they fly it out anyway.

The last order I had from LF went via the USPS, and it took 3 days to get here via First Class.

Doberz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2010
NW Indiana
www.facebook.com
Got my kit today! The first battery I threw on the charger worked for about 10 minutes, then started blinking? It was weird because it was on the charger for an hour and the light was green. So I threw it back on the charger and it's been red for about 30 minutes now. I used an old charger to charge up the other batt and that ones been going strong for a couple hours now.

I love this kit! I already have a few ego batts, but never had the cones or a fancy box to go with it. I also know that if I do have a problem with the one batt, that LF will work with me to fix it, so no worries.

Will report back! :)

Doberz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2010
NW Indiana
www.facebook.com
I noticed that too on these. My old ego batts don't do that?

Got mine today! Ordered late on the 15th and received it today, with a weekend thrown in. Nice shipping time.

One question though, the light on my charger occasionally blinks while it is charging, is that normal?

kushka

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2010
Marietta, GA
My first ego was a tasty vapors ego knockoff. The ego charger which I used plugged into the wall usb adapter from Tasty Vapor blinked a whole lot and finally after a couple of weeks stayed green and would not charge. I thought the charger was broken and bought a Riva charger (it was cheaper then an ego changer) - it blinked a lot too but charged - but then - by chance I plugged it into my PC and it only blinked a little bit. I pulled out my old Tasty Vapor ego charger that I thought was broken and plugged it into my pc and it blinked a lot - but would charge.

I bought a wall adapter from Mad Vapes that said it was strong enough to run a 5 volt passthrough - and both chargers work with it and blink less then when plugged into my pc.

I am thinking these fast ego/riva chargers need a lot of power in order to charge (and some chargers more then others) and some usbs ports don't give them quite as much as they really need - when they are getting enough to charge - but not quite all they need to work at maximum - they blink.

I have no idea if this is true - it is just a theory I cam up with based on these observations of my chargers.

grandmato5

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2010
WNY
Not been updated since the 15th when it was still in CA :-( Ummmmmm, wonder if the FedEx guy is playing with my new toy in CA????????? If he is ,I hope he remembers to charge those batts up when he's done playing and finally gets around to shipping it on to NY !!

Drum roll please ..........

FINALLY my Ego showed up in the Syracuse warehouse at 3:19 this afternoon and left the warehouse at 7:06 p.m. this evening !!!!! YEAH!!! Hope the Fedex guys in CA remembered to charge those batts back up for me when they were done playing with it:laugh: IF only Fedex delivered at night it could have been delivered by 9 pm:p this evening. IF its my usual Fedex delivery person he knows I don't get home until aft 3 so he'll be pulling in the driveway about 4 p.m. tomorrow !!!!! Fingers crossed.

Abe- I forgot to ask, is there a prize for the one of us that had the longest shipping time from order to delivery via FedEx for our Ego ??? SOOO glad to hear you've switched to USPS !

Last edited:

Sainted_S

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Nether Iceland of NWPA
I bought a wall adapter from Mad Vapes that said it was strong enough to run a 5 volt passthrough - and both chargers work with it and blink less then when plugged into my pc.

I am thinking these fast ego/riva chargers need a lot of power in order to charge (and some chargers more then others) and some usbs ports don't give them quite as much as they really need - when they are getting enough to charge - but not quite all they need to work at maximum - they blink.

I have no idea if this is true - it is just a theory I cam up with based on these observations of my chargers.

Thanks so much!! I was using my USB for convenience but I'll switch to the wall adapter tomorrow.

Shamus

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2010
NJ USA
www.unsmoke.us
Nooooo. Say it ain't so!!!!

I got my kit a few days ago. It is as awesome as I expected but I ran into a small problem tonight.
I can't charge my batteries with my USB extension cable. Plug>Extension USB>Joye charger. Ahhhh. Is there any reason why that would be. It worked fine with my Riva. Does anyone else use something similar that can check theirs for me?
It does charge fine without it.

Sainted_S

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Nether Iceland of NWPA

Thanks for the tip, I used it and, tada, the charger lights is much more vivid as well as not blinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread