3rd month analog free, struggling and need help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Definitely there is something to that rule of 3's.

Three days
Three weeks
Three months
Three years.

I will be coming up on my three year mark in October. I am ready for it! Hopefully it won't hit me as hard as the first couple of threes did. It is like cigarettes last dig to get you to come back to them.

Good luck and use us as your support system when you feel like you need us :)

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
Yes, I quit and took up vaping way back when, stopped smoking for 5 months and fell off the wagon. I said I would get back on it when the equipment became better....and man has it gotten better. I picked up some 12mg bucknaked turkish tobacco (all they had) and am checking it out now...seems like a pretty OK alternative. Thanks so much for your thoughts and support guys! PS, I've been suffering massive depression as well, though only in part and worsened through quitting smoking. The last year has been awful with the loss of family and other issues. Never dreamed this would make it that much worse.
Going back to smoking will just give you another thing to feel crummy about. While quitting smoking might have a small mood swing side affect Ive never herd anything about anybody having full blown depression.
There are lots of places to turn A pastor, most citys have mental health services, Talk with a close friend so you dont feel isolated. Life is hard sometimes hang in there bro sometime just putting one foot in front of the other and getting threw the day as best we can is all a guy can do.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Andria,

You replied in some other thread with a great review on the 3 WTA vendors you know of. I've been desperately looking to find that post, without success.
(I am pretty sure it was you, but I could be wrong).

If it was, could you re-post it here (or at least a link to the original post?) I would greatly appreciate it!

P.S. Love your website, are we allowed to link to it here? (Guess I'll find out!)

Angry Vaper - Home

The only place I know for sure I've posted all three was the 'still smoking support and chat', but it's gotta be a good ways back by now.

aromaejuice.com
wholecig.com
mothersmilkwta.com

I use the wholecig 24mg unflavored; to me it's a compromise between price and quality -- theirs is clear and has no strong odor, no taste I can detect, but costs a lot less than Aroma's. They all work well, though.

I guess it's allowed to link to my site; I had to register to get permission to put it in my sig, so apparently it meets with their approval. :D Good! I have no delusions that I know everything there is to know about vaping, I just want to be a solid link in the chain -- hence those 6 great links right at the top of my site. :thumb:

Andria

Mud Pie

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2013
Cypress, TX
Hang in there, you can do it. Yep, that sentence is oft repeated, but it's actually true.

Believe it or not, after a while, wanting a ciggy is kind of like running into an old girlfriend. You see her, exchange pleasantries and decide to go for coffee/drinks and talk about "the good old days". About 30 minutes in, you realize why you're not together anymore..... Cigarettes are like that. You got the good memories about them, but after a while you'll see how nasty they are and question why you ever started.

I've been ciggy free for 2 years 2 months. Yes, I've tried a couple in that time. I'd only get a drag or two before I realized why we're not together anymore and mash it out. But I can handle a couple stumbles with pride. At least it ain't a pack a day like in "the good old days". My last stumble was a year ago next week. Don't miss 'em.

You'll get there.

The only thing that kept me off the analogs for good was keeping a pack of analogs around the house so I never feel deprived. Instead of thinking, "I can't smoke", I now think, "It's available, but I choose not to".

This is the same approach I used to get off analogs, and one I reccomend to people. "I'm a grown man, and if I want a smoke, I'll have a smoke". Only bargain I made with myself is before I'd light up, I'd take 5-6 pulls off my vape and wait a few minutes, and if I still wanted a smoke I'd have it. 99% of the time, I found something to distract me in those few minutes after the vape, and wouldnt think about a smoke for another hour or so. In the 1% I'd light one up, take two drags, realized it tasted like ... and I'd rather have blueberry muffin vape, and put it out.

Just sucks the cravings never seem to go away. I like the old flame analogy; you just have to take a moment to remind yourself why you broke up.

nvadasz

ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2014
Beverly Hills, Fl, USA
It's three weeks for me and it's been tougher now. I fell off the wagon again this morning but I won't go back to smoking full time and not vaping. Still only have had one every couple of days. I've been having problems with depression. Can barely get out of bed since I stopped smoking.

You may not believe me when I tell you this: Go to a Doctor and get a physical. Since I quit smoking, my blood pressure meds needed changing, and even more important my thyroid meds needed extreme changes. Smoking really messes with your body more than you realize.

Mimikim1234

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2013
Chicago
I went through something similar. When I first started vaping, and finally moved past cig alikes, I loved vaping. It was so satisfying. I had vape mail coming all the time, and it just got better and better. Then WHAM; after a few months, no matter what I used, it wasn't satisfying. Everything seemed to leak, or not hit well, or not taste good. I even went back to my original equipment, hoping to get the same feeling that I had in the beginning, and it didn't work. It was a very frustrating time for me. Eventually, it did get better for me, and I rediscovered the fun and satisfaction in vaping (and you will too!!!). :) I wish I knew why it happened, but it's still a mystery to me. I did cave around this time and have an analog, and it was GROSS!! I thought it would be heavenly, but I felt like it was smothering me (I couldn't even finish it).

badinfluence357

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2012
NYC
All i can say to someone that's struggling at the beginning is to stick to it. Keep the research up, familiarize yourself with the terminology and vapers lingo. Most important is to get a reliable set up for out and about...the worst thing that can happen is that your setup gives out on you when your out the house so get a mechanical setup and spare batteries. Electronics have a chance of going bad on you when you need them the most... talking from experience, it happened to me after a few months off cigs while at a doctor's appointment, you learn from your mistakes.

Watch lots and lots of videos on coil wrapping, oxidizing mesh, do' s and don't, battery safety and omhs law. Keep active in the forum's and build a social support network of friends....vape on, vape hard and live life to fullest...Badinfluence357

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
The only thing that kept me off the analogs for good was keeping a pack of analogs around the house so I never feel deprived. Instead of thinking, "I can't smoke", I now think, "It's available, but I choose not to". Also, what other posters said...increase your nicotine intake and try lung hitting.

Same here. The only way it works for me at all is if it's entirely my free choice -- coercion doesn't work for me AT ALL. So I still have my last open pk in a ziplock in the freezer. Guess they'll be in there until they turn into tobacco-cicles, because as long as I have a choice, I choose to vape. :D

Andria

Puff2K

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2015
USA
You may not believe me when I tell you this: Go to a Doctor and get a physical. Since I quit smoking, my blood pressure meds needed changing, and even more important my thyroid meds needed extreme changes. Smoking really messes with your body more than you realize.

Thank you, I do plan to. I have a lot of appointments to get caught up on.

dugdigger

Nov 6, 2013
louisville,ky
Hello I hate to tell you to do this but it worked for me you be the judge. go buy the crappiest pack of cigs you can find if you smoke menthol but non menthol vise verse . i bought non filters smoked them till i made myself sick i even bought some chew and swallowed some juice. I know it sounds wrong but it broke my habit.whenever i think of cigs i get a little sick.when i went back to my cloud custard and some other favs. it was better than before so far it's worked 2 years. I smoked for over 34 years and I know what your'e going thru hang tough maybe you won't have to take my harsh advice.

KattMamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2015
DFW Area, Texas
I'm coming up on 3 months cig free and still get cravings - they're pretty strong when I'm having trouble with my gear or taste buds. I've been thinking I should get some high nic juice to put in my simple evod for those times. But I refuse to smoke.

Hang in there. And there's plenty of empathetic people here on the forums when you need a little extra encouragement!

EleanorR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2011
Treasure Coast
Thanks! I got some 24mg tobacco flavor and got out my old spinner 2's and nautilus mini. It definitely did the trick, cravings the past few days have been minimal.

applausesign.jpg

applause.jpg

So happy for you!

four2109

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2009
S. Indiana
Thanks! I got some 24mg tobacco flavor and got out my old spinner 2's and nautilus mini. It definitely did the trick, cravings the past few days have been minimal.

I've been in the same place lately. I'm down to where if analogs didn't smell so bad and stain my teeth, I would probably just smoke. But I don't want to stand outside. I expect to get COPD anyway after smoking for so many years.
I understand the depression, add unexplained weight gain to that.
Spring is here and I know my brain works better on analogs and I get things done when I smoke.
So I ordered more WTA, but I have some and it doesn't fill the gap. I have General's snus, still not there.
I'm holding out. They sell analogs 500 feet from my door, but I'm holding out.
I went back to my istick with higher voltage, and that helps....
I'm taking it one day at a time, but if I decide to smoke, I just will, and then I will quit again.
I have accepted that BT rewired my brain. As much as I hate the thought of giving them anymore money, I will act in my own best interest, and in the interest of my sanity.
Tomorrow is another day.
Best of luck to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread