3rd month analog free, struggling and need help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlideJob Jones

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2009
Findlay, Ohio
Hey guys!

Couple different issues here. I bought an e-cig on a whim, and a couple days later was analog free. That was going on three months ago. First week was tough, after that was easy. The pride of being an ex-smoker was enough motivation to stick with the vapes. Of course, I upgraded in equipment quickly and primarily vape rda's through a sigeili 150 that I usually use between 50-70 watts with the rda, less with an atlantis or subtank mini.

The issues began a few weeks ago. Out of nowhere, my taste buds changed. My "set" flavors all of a sudden started becoming very harsh and awful. Changing to a different flavor from a different vendor (also went from 3mg to 6) seemed to help a little. After getting used to the new stuff, the old stuff I had tasted a little better too....though I cut one flavor down about 50/50 with straight VG (I typically use a max vg or 70vg 30pg mix). I vape 10-15ml per day.

The second issue is, even with all of this equipment producing massive vapor, it still doesn't seem to scratch the itch. I've been depressed lately, a lot. I crave analogs like there's no tomorrow. I feel like I no longer have any pride or motivation to be a non-smoker. I was actually getting up to go get a pack yesterday since in my mind I couldn't come up with a good reason not to......until I thought of my 2.5 year old son and decided not to for him.

So my questions are:
-Did my taste buds literally change overnight like that????? Different flavors, different tanks, different RDA's, different batteries....they all tasted bad.
-Why the hell would the demons of addiction decide to start attacking in the third month when the previous urges were quickly passing?

Help!

EleanorR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2011
Treasure Coast
Back in 2011 when I first began vaping, veterans often spoke of the "Rule of Threes": 3 days, 3 weeks, and 3 months. For some unknown reason, many of us experience tremendous temptation at those time points in cessation. :(

Your vaping equipment is much more complicated and advanced than mine, even though I've been vaping exclusively for over fours years now. Hence, I am unable to address your gear questions.

I can say, however, that during the first couple years of vaping, your taste buds can change quite rapidly: juices you loved just yesterday no longer hold much appeal today. It is also possible that you are just going through an episode of "mud mouth", where everything will taste blah no matter what! (This passes within a few days, normally).

I can only recommend that, for the very short term at least, you pick up some quite simple "plug-and-play" gear like an EgoC Twist with an Evod or Kanger Pro-2 tank, get some eliquid in a higher nicotine level than you are accustomed to, and get one that is waaaaay out of your current/previous flavor profile.

You might especially try some NET (naturally extracted tobacco) juice for your cravings. A tremendously popular NET is Patriot, sold by GoodEJuice: https://www.goodejuice.com/ecigarette-eliquid/patriot-tobacco-ejuice

HTH. :(

Last edited:

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
I keep some tobacco flavor around in a higher nicotine for just such events. 3 months for me too and I still want cigs some times. An authentic tobacco is important. Most of the tobacco flavors taste like butterscotch, cloves and nuts to me and a bit perfumey. I found 2 that work. Clayton tobacco flavor avail at gas n gos and tobacco shops and Buck Naked american tobacco flavor also avail at tobacco shops or from the maker in NC.

Hang in there.

Last edited:

twgbonehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
MA, USA
Eleanor is right, the "rule of threes" really is true.

You might want to get some WTA and add a bit of it to your e-liquid, that might really help.

But also, know that this will pass. If you just keep on vaping, the cravings WILL go away again. Please hang in there, tough your way through it! The "demons of addiction" were highly crafted by the cigarette companies, to make it hard to quit. Just when you think you're home free, it comes back at you!

Good luck, try to make it through, there's sunlight not too far away!

EleanorR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2011
Treasure Coast
It's three weeks for me and it's been tougher now. I fell off the wagon again this morning but I won't go back to smoking full time and not vaping. Still only have had one every couple of days. I've been having problems with depression. Can barely get out of bed since I stopped smoking.

Hang in there! Don't beat yourself up over the occasional cigarette . . . think of all the cigs you haven't smoked.

Depression is a fairly common side effect of quitting smoking. After all, you're giving up the "best, most reliable friend" you've known for years. (HAH!) You might try upping your nicotine a bit, or better yet, trying a WTA juice (which delivers some of the brain-happy alkaloids that smoking gave you -- it's not just nicotine alone that made smoking so satisfying!).

A reputable vendor of WTA would be Aroma Ejuice Manufacturer of WTA Whole Tobacco Alkaloid Eliquid

Last edited:

twgbonehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
MA, USA
It's three weeks for me and it's been tougher now. I fell off the wagon again this morning but I won't go back to smoking full time and not vaping. Still only have had one every couple of days. I've been having problems with depression. Can barely get out of bed since I stopped smoking.

I'm with you. I still smoke, been tapering down over a year and a half (irregularly) and still suffer with depression issues. I should try WTA, since it seems to have helped many people (and I've found myself recommending it to other people at least 3 times in the last 2 days; why is it so much easier to give advice than to actually act on it?)

Good luck, and perhaps you've pushed me over the edge to do something for myself. Thanks.

Puff2K

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2015
USA
Hang in there! Don't beat yourself up over the occasional cigarette . . . think of all the cigs you haven't smoked.

Depression is a fairly common side effect of quitting smoking. After all, you're giving up the "best, most reliable friend" you've known for years. (HAH!) You might try upping your nicotine a bit, or better yet, trying a WTA juice (which delivers some of the brain-happy alkaloids that smoking gave you -- it's not just nicotine alone that made smoking so satisfying!).

A reputable vendor of WTA would be Aroma Ejuice Manufacturer of WTA Whole Tobacco Alkaloid Eliquid

Thank you for that! I was just wondering if I should give that a try. :)

Puff2K

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2015
USA
I'm with you. I still smoke, been tapering down over a year and a half (irregularly) and still suffer with depression issues. I should try WTA, since it seems to have helped many people (and I've found myself recommending it to other people at least 3 times in the last 2 days; why is it so much easier to give advice than to actually act on it?)

Good luck, and perhaps you've pushed me over the edge to do something for myself. Thanks.

Thanks to everyone here I'm probably going to try WTA too. Hopefully it will help you too! And I'm sorry you've been having this problem too. Good luck to you also.

Last edited:

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Another WTA success story here, though I buy most of mine from wholecig.com. Currently in the process of very slowly weaning down from 10%, 1 percentage point a month -- I'm doing well on 6% at the moment -- I get the 24mg unflavored. It got rid of those horrible, bone-deep cravings, the ones that are so irresistible that resisting them makes me cry. I couldn't take that, so it's good I had already gotten some WTA. Cravings gone and have never returned.

Andria

twgbonehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
MA, USA
Another WTA success story here, though I buy most of mine from wholecig.com. Currently in the process of very slowly weaning down from 10%, 1 percentage point a month -- I'm doing well on 6% at the moment -- I get the 24mg unflavored. It got rid of those horrible, bone-deep cravings, the ones that are so irresistible that resisting them makes me cry. I couldn't take that, so it's good I had already gotten some WTA. Cravings gone and have never returned.

Andria

Andria,

You replied in some other thread with a great review on the 3 WTA vendors you know of. I've been desperately looking to find that post, without success.
(I am pretty sure it was you, but I could be wrong).

If it was, could you re-post it here (or at least a link to the original post?) I would greatly appreciate it!

P.S. Love your website, are we allowed to link to it here? (Guess I'll find out!)

Angry Vaper - Home

jaytex1969

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2015
Austin, TX
I'm coming up on 2 1/2 months without analogs. I'm vaping 6mg in general and doing well.

I have my still unwashed ashtray in a ziplock under my desk.

When my brain starts misfiring and whining for a combustible, I get out that special clearo full of nasty 24mg tobacco flavor, unzip the ashtray bag. By the time I vape the 24mg for a minute and let the smell of that ashtray sink in a bit, I'm back in the right frame of mind.

Grab a freshly finished cigarette ...., wrap it airtight and jam it in your wallet. When the demons assault, pull that bad boy out and have a whiff. It will remind you of all the nastiness you've left behind.

It is like a finger pointing away to the moon....

Jay :headbang:

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Thanks guys, I was thinking the same thing.....finding a good tobacco flavor and firing up the nautilus mini and kangertank mini with my spinner 2. I think a hard hit inhaled from the mouth to lung instead of the direct inhale rda's might help out. I will give it a try......

I've been vaping for over a year now.

I still keep a tank of 24mg something somewhere; right now it's some Tribeca; last month it was some cappuccino; it's on a vamo at 5watts; some days I might take it with me out and about, or I might not touch it for days, or I might just take a toke once in a while; but my main vapes are with approx. 3mg mostly on rda's at 10 to 15 watts.

SlideJob Jones

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2009
Findlay, Ohio
I might be missing something. Have you been a member of ECF for 6 years?

Have you changed juices?

Do you dream of smoking?

Maybe high wattage isn't for you.

Yes, I quit and took up vaping way back when, stopped smoking for 5 months and fell off the wagon. I said I would get back on it when the equipment became better....and man has it gotten better. I picked up some 12mg bucknaked turkish tobacco (all they had) and am checking it out now...seems like a pretty OK alternative. Thanks so much for your thoughts and support guys! PS, I've been suffering massive depression as well, though only in part and worsened through quitting smoking. The last year has been awful with the loss of family and other issues. Never dreamed this would make it that much worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread