Status
Not open for further replies.

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
I won't even think about stealth vaping at work, my office is shared with a lady (who's husband vapes but she does not) and I can just hear her now... "Do you smell caramel" or "Why does it smell like candy in the office". Yeah my office is only about 20' x 18' and although we're at opposite sides of the room theres no way to stealth vape in this office. If it was a private office then I could see doing it since nobody comes to my office except to ask if I want to go out to lunch with somebody. I'm stuck the one or two times a week in Harry Potters broom closet I guess. No biggie, as said, it's only about 1 or 2 hits during the work week and I could just as easily walk out the building to do it if I really felt the need. I'm just a lazy sod and don't really want to go all the way out the building so the closet will do for now.
Get you some unflavored juice. And I think if you mix in about 10% distiller water it will cut the visible cloud down

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
Get you some unflavored juice. And I think if you mix in about 10% distiller water it will cut the visible cloud down
And if you can't vape try putting some juice on your finger and rubbing your gums. You might try very high nic juice for that depending on your taste and tolerance. I recently survived two 10 hour airport stretches without vaping or thoughts of suicide :). I was amazed that I hardly missed vaping but I mixed up a 24mg batch of my favorite strawberry and cream ADV (usually 3mg in an Rda or rta at 25w). I was surprised how good it tasted

Jdurand

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2014
Long Island, NY
And if you can't vape try putting some juice on your finger and rubbing your gums. You might try very high nic juice for that depending on your taste and tolerance. I recently survived two 10 hour airport stretches without vaping or thoughts of suicide :). I was amazed that I hardly missed vaping but I mixed up a 24mg batch of my favorite strawberry and cream ADV (usually 3mg in an Rda or rta at 25w). I was surprised how good it tasted

This.....

Yes, it works as good, or better, than nic gum and you already carry it around with you. I too have used this method on planes and it works like a charm.

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
This.....

Yes, it works as good, or better, than nic gum and you already carry it around with you. I too have used this method on planes and it works like a charm.
And it's far cheaper and you get to give the finger to BP :)
I got to thinking about making my own flavored lozenges :)

proteckt3d

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Denmark
Hy OP, I remember how it was when I was beginning also. Just like you I was taking 20-30 min breaks and was almost chain vaping 24mg liquid during these sessions. It was just my pace, I didn't think about it. But I would say you're pretty much in the clear once you turned away from buying an analog.

Jaguar G

ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Just west of Cool, Texas
I work in a large manufacturing room with lots of people around, and I stealth vape all day every day. I have a Subtank mini and Innokin Coolfire 4 that I use, and a desk fan. I just take a big toot, hold it as long as I can, and blow any residual vapor into the fan. No one has said anything beyond my boss who actively approves of my switch from cigs to vapor, and all he said was, "hum, new air freshener?" We exchanged knowing smiles.

The owner/CEO, on the other had, is a former smoker that thinks e-cigs are from the devil since he had to quit the hard way years ago. I deal with him from time to time and if he is around I will refrain, but since he is mostly in the front office it isn't an issue. My position is considered critical to operations so I don't have much fear of being summarily fired.

I find the most opposition comes from ex-smokers that quit cold turkey, one guy told me once, "that's cheating." I replied, "no such thing as a fair fight." He seemed to agree after that.

petrotech

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2015
indiana
when I quit, I used the gum, the patch, snus and vaping.....I was a nicotine fiend for awhile. lol. I would buy a pack a smokes, smoke one or two, throw away the pack then buy another pack a couple days later. lol.

quitting is not easy, but once you decide to do it, that's half the battle! good luck, and just think about the cigarettes you haven't smoked, rather than the one or two "slip ups".

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Ohio
When I first switched over from smoking to vaping I treated it just like I did when I was smoking, still went out on my breaks used my ecig and it worked out fine for me. I never missed not smoking this way because I still got my breaks, got away for a bit, satisfied my nic cravings and still hung out/socialized with the same people.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
When I first switched over from smoking to vaping I treated it just like I did when I was smoking, still went out on my breaks used my ecig and it worked out fine for me. I never missed not smoking this way because I still got my breaks, got away for a bit, satisfied my nic cravings and still hung out/socialized with the same people.
worked the same for me. And still does where work and being in no vaping zones is concerned. No different from when I smoked in that regard.
I do vape a higher nic juice at lunch at work.

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
I think because I am still getting less nicotine than an analog and I'm missing some ritualistic satisfaction from smoking until a ciggy is complete.
It is mostly mind set and pattern habit, It happened to me at work but I simply vaped the same as I would smoke, on breaks, stand in the same place, I even stood with smokers, the smell was nice and didn't bother me, I'd chain vape for as long as it took others to smoke a cigarette, then went back to work..be careful with the toilet vaping, you may find your in there way to much and people will notice lol..not to mention affecting your work, personally I wouldn't go there..you can't smoke in work or in the toilet and it never bothered you before..
What strength nic are you using and what ohm coil, this is very important when you give up smoking, it will get so much easier trust me, I sucked on my tank like a mad man when I first packed up but now I can go half a day without a vape and it doesn't bother me like smoking did, lets not forget the thousands of other chemicals your body is detoxing from.. Hang on in there hun :thumb:

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
I'm using a 0.5 coil and 6mg nicotine level. I caved once and had one cigarette today total. Going from more than a pack a day, I honestly count that as a victory.

I'm a very rigidly routine oriented person, so I think that's my struggle. The routine is similar but different.
Good way to look at it, most of us have had a few cigs along the way..You do mouth to lung don't you and not full air flow lung hits ? You should try opening the airflow right up and breathing in directly to the lungs, you maybe surprised how well that works !!
Your nic level is too low at 6mg doing mouth to lung, you've just give up and need a higher nic, I'd go 12mg and change out the coil, the 0.5ohm coil is for lung hits, the 1.2 or 1.5ohm coil is the one for mouth to lung..but I 100% urge you to try some lung hits, while you have the 0.5ohm coil in..

VCross

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
Yucaipa, California
Put a big water bottle on your desk

You can also try this:
can_mod.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread