.3x.8+32 Translation

Status
Not open for further replies.

RCP1991

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2017
I purchased some MKWS SS 316 alien wire off ebay awhile back. It was cheap and I thought it might be fun to try some aliens. I didn't expect much from the wire, especially since I usually only vape around 60 watts, but I made a few coils and I'm actually liking it. I know this is a stupid question but I'm having trouble understanding exactly what gauge wires were used. I realize the +32 probably means the outer wrap is 32 gauge but what does .3x.8 mean -- is that referring to a specific gauge?

As a side note has anyone else tried MKWS products? I get a little worried using Chinese wire, and this stuff has a bit of a taste to it when breaking it in.

Reactions: stols001

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

As a side note has anyone else tried MKWS products? I get a little worried using Chinese wire, and this stuff has a bit of a taste to it when breaking it in.

I have used a LOT of MKWS Pre-Coiled Coils both in 316/316L and in NiChrome 80. Always found them to be Extremely Consistent. And never have had Any problems with them.

I also gave one of these Sampler Packs to someone I know who is somewhat of a Wire Snob.

$4.61 Authentic MKWS 316L Stainless Steel Pre-Coiled Wires for RBA Atomizers (8 Specs) - 6-pack/spec / fused clapton + tiger + clapton + mix twisted + hive + quad + flat twisted + alien clapton coil at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

He said they Performed Very Well. He also kinda had an Aneurysm when I told him what they cost. Because he said that was about what he was Paying for a Single Pair of Coils.

LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread