The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

.3x.8+32 Translation

Discussion in 'Wick and Wire' started by RCP1991, Feb 26, 2018.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. RCP1991

RCP1991 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 9, 2017
    I purchased some MKWS SS 316 alien wire off ebay awhile back. It was cheap and I thought it might be fun to try some aliens. I didn't expect much from the wire, especially since I usually only vape around 60 watts, but I made a few coils and I'm actually liking it. I know this is a stupid question but I'm having trouble understanding exactly what gauge wires were used. I realize the +32 probably means the outer wrap is 32 gauge but what does .3x.8 mean -- is that referring to a specific gauge?

As a side note has anyone else tried MKWS products? I get a little worried using Chinese wire, and this stuff has a bit of a taste to it when breaking it in.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. madstabber

madstabber Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

That’s how ribbon wire is listed. It’s just a flat wire that’s .3 thick by .8 wide
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    I have used a LOT of MKWS Pre-Coiled Coils both in 316/316L and in NiChrome 80. Always found them to be Extremely Consistent. And never have had Any problems with them.

I also gave one of these Sampler Packs to someone I know who is somewhat of a Wire Snob.

$4.61 Authentic MKWS 316L Stainless Steel Pre-Coiled Wires for RBA Atomizers (8 Specs) - 6-pack/spec / fused clapton + tiger + clapton + mix twisted + hive + quad + flat twisted + alien clapton coil at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

He said they Performed Very Well. He also kinda had an Aneurysm when I told him what they cost. Because he said that was about what he was Paying for a Single Pair of Coils.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1