40% off Sale on Unflavored Nic Juice

Status
Not open for further replies.

LMP

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
SLC Utah
I emailed Chris at My Freedom Smokes, here is his response.

You have to shake the bottle before you open and use it. Nicotine smells like pesticide. It is very unpleasant when it is in it’s pure state. We use 999mg (free-base) nicotine to mix our unflavored and when mixed with VG, it separates and the nicotine rises to the top of the bottle. What you are smelling is pure nicotine. I can assure you there is nothing wrong with what we sent you.

davelog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2011
Phoenix
www.davelog.com
I was afraid of this. A friend of mine recently had an unsatisfactory exchange with MFS as well where they basically told him he didn't know what he was talking about. Also, there's a 'no refunds on sale items' clause in their return policy. Looks like this might just have to be chalked up to experience, with MFS losing future business in the long run.

davelog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2011
Phoenix
www.davelog.com
PLEASE don't let this bad experience discourage you from DIY, it really is worth it once you get your vendors locked down.

This has been a learning experience, and DIY is all about learning. I learned from this - I'm ordering my standard Box Elder juice from GV today. If nothing else, I have a nice amber glass bottle to show for my one time purchase from MFS.

davelog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2011
Phoenix
www.davelog.com
I shook it, smelled the same. Mine's 100% PG, so his VG explanation doesn't cover it. His attitude (as least, as much as I could glean from his response to you) pretty much lines up with how my friend was treated getting his first pv setup and they shipped him the wrong model.

They can't all be winners.

Liv2Ski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2010
Burnt Hills NY
I have purchased many times from MFS. As others have posted in this thread the nic I got from MFS has always been good quality. I have over 2.5 liters of 100mg/ml nic from various vendors (xtreme, arctic, Crystal clear, nicvape, box elder and MFS). If this is the 1st time you have purchased high strength nic then what you are smelling is normal. Some people are more sensitive than others but the nic does have a slight incecticide smell. Remeber nic is a very effective incecticide and it is used to kill various garden pests. This smell is more pronounced as you increase nic levels. I am not defending the supplier just trying to let you know that there is a smell to nic and if it was sitting in a warm mailbox prior to your opening the bottle the smell will be even stronger. Happy Vapes

davelog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2011
Phoenix
www.davelog.com
Try Box Elder or Gourmet Vapors GV is having a 50% off sale and will ship you Box Elder nic. They only stock up to 48 mg though. Box Elder has a 30% sale going right now and I have had no problems with their nic or customer service :)
Box Elder Chemical Supply

You don't have to tell me, that's my normal haunt for such things. BTW, giveme50 is the code for 50% off until July 4.

davelog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2011
Phoenix
www.davelog.com
I have purchased many times from MFS. As others have posted in this thread the nic I got from MFS has always been good quality. I have over 2.5 liters of 100mg/ml nic from various vendors (xtreme, arctic, Crystal clear, nicvape, box elder and MFS). If this is the 1st time you have purchased high strength nic then what you are smelling is normal. Some people are more sensitive than others but the nic does have a slight incecticide smell. Remeber nic is a very effective incecticide and it is used to kill various garden pests. This smell is more pronounced as you increase nic levels. I am not defending the supplier just trying to let you know that there is a smell to nic and if it was sitting in a warm mailbox prior to your opening the bottle the smell will be even stronger. Happy Vapes

Box Elder doesn't smell. If you're interested, I'll sell you this unused 250ml bottle of 48mg PG for 15 bucks plus shipping. PM me.

LMP

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
SLC Utah

Since I started DIYing I have purchased 3 diffident bottles of 100mg VG unflavored juice from 2 diffident vendors and the one I got from MFS is the only one that had such a strong smell.

The stuff from MFS has a very strong smell, there is definitely something wrong no question.

It smells nothing at all like any of my other unflavored 100mg nic juice.

kenetix

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2009
Illinois
So I thought it was just me.... I got up looked at my bottles from MFS and 042011-c. I am getting so freaking tired of the vendors around pretty much why I made that huge state of vaping post http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/new-members-forum/195079-state-vaping-my-opnion.html

does it really have to be so hit and miss all the time? Do we really need some sort of standardization to get consistent quality? Thank god I still have some left over stuff to either reorder from china and throw up 2 big middle fingers to the crap service I have had lately. [/endrant]

LMP

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
SLC Utah
So I thought it was just me.... I got up looked at my bottles from MFS and 042011-c. I am getting so freaking tired of the vendors around pretty much why I made that huge state of vaping post http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/new-members-forum/195079-state-vaping-my-opnion.html

does it really have to be so hit and miss all the time? Do we really need some sort of standardization to get consistent quality? Thank god I still have some left over stuff to either reorder from china and throw up 2 big middle fingers to the crap service I have had lately. [/endrant]
If you look at post #32 above you will see that Chris at MFS is correcting my situation.

Why not email him yourself, I'm guessing that he will correct your situation too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread