400W Box Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Yes the dna 250c supports 400W with 4 cells but why, what's the point? Anyone who would vape at 400W should be recaptured very quickly!

Headroom with the Replay feature. Here in the “Great White North” temps can drop to -40 C, how efficient is temp control at that ambient temperature? Although a DNA250C will allow vaping at 400 watts assuming you have a supporting device, I don’t think that was the design goal behind it. Watch the video, it’s pretty interesting.

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
Headroom with the Replay feature. Here in the “Great White North” temps can drop to -40 C, how efficient is temp control at that ambient temperature? Although a DNA250C will allow vaping at 400 watts assuming you have a supporting device, I don’t think that was the design goal behind it. Watch the video, it’s pretty interesting.
yes i have seen the video countless times got me to fully understand replay

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
yes i have seen the video countless times got me to fully understand replay

Guess in a nut shell we could say they over built the board. If the board and all it’s needed components can handle 400 watts, which is a s*** load of power and stress, then something more moderate like <150 watts would be a walk in the park.

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
Guess in a nut shell we could say they over built the board. If the board and all it’s needed components can handle 400 watts, which is a s*** load of power and stress, then something more moderate like <150 watts would be a walk in the park.
Yes but 400W devices will appear and imo that isn't a good thing

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Yes but 400W devices will appear and imo that isn't a good thing

I agree that it kinda entices other companies to mimic, but we’ve had 400 watt devices prior to the DNA250C

Personally, I don’t think it would be very popular given the size of the device. Trend (in my eyes) is trying to make devices smaller with the current cell technology.

• Agree
Reactions: Tim Wiseman

dc99

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2014
earth
I agree that it kinda entices other companies to mimic, but we’ve had 400 watt devices prior to the DNA250C

Personally, I don’t think it would be very popular given the size of the device. Trend (in my eyes) is trying to make devices smaller with the current cell technology.
True, and it has to be a 4S battery to get that high and any decent one will be pretty big. Everyone I have is turned down to human levels

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Making a board that can handle 400+ watts is easy….we have Class D amplifiers that are much more powerful than that which could fit in the palm of your hand. The tech is not new. The problem is finding a power source to deliver that output. The power source that is available to reach that kind of output means the device will be too large and unattractive for your average consumer.

Just like horsepower with cars, or wattage with audio, there are always going to be that small select few who believe bigger is better. But they rarely dictate market trends.

Reactions: DaveP

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
Because it encourages high wattage vaping which shows no consideration for those around them
People can make obnoxious clouds with 60W just fine. In fact the exact same thing was said when 40W devices came out, then with 50W, 60W etc etc (which was "super high wattage" just a few years ago).

400W won't change anything. It's not the device's fault if somebody is an inconsiderate ......... ;)
Just like that kid in the tram/bus with headphones turned up all the way so you can hear the music at the opposite end. Wouldn't say that's the headphone's or smartphone's fault.

If someone wants a 400W vape that doesn't automatically mean they'll nebulize a mother with her stroller, they can do that indoors at home, a friend's house or a vape event just fine and nobody would ever care.
Also it just gives more ammunition to the anti-vaping agenda
Everything is ammunition to them. Have a liquid that doesn't taste like moldy tobacco and dogs:censored:t? Don't you think of the chiiildren?
They will use everything plus made up stuff on top so it really doesn't matter if there's a 400W, 1000W or 10000W device on the market. They don't want to ban only high power devices, they want to get rid of all devices.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Whether vaping will continue to push the limits of power is not known, but it has been going higher and higher in a very short time. Not all that long ago 15 watts was the highest regulated chip and now it's like 400. I know there are issues, like battery limits , but maybe battery technology will also advance ? Also juice consumption goes up considerably as power increases and that's not good either and is something that no one really thinks of....with cigs it's always the more you smoke, the worse it is,Same with eating and drinking, but with vaping, never, in fact it's kind of opposite. People who vape a ton of juice, seem to be kind of proud actually. ...we don't need anymore power in our mods

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
Also juice consumption goes up considerably as power increases and that's not good either and is something that no one really thinks of.
I did, that's the biggest reason i stopped using my Drop rda (not completely but still).

I now use only a single coil rda on a squonk at half the wattage i used and still get decent clouds, and no i'm far from being that inconsiderate douche, i try to avoid exhaling close to people as much as possible, even go as far as staying away a bit from people when waiting for the bus after work. Juice consumption went down alot aswell, which is great news for my wallet :p

Edit: post below me added a good point so i'll point out that in MY usage single coil used less juice with the same amount of puffs since i chain vape with either setup.

Last edited:

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
There is nothing that states power is related to juice consumption. True more power burns more juice, but a high power user may just take less hits, therefore consume less or equal than a low power user. The output of their device does not dictate consumption. I have observed although not objectively measured that I vape more with my low powered devices than I do with my high. I may chain vape about half dozen 3 to 5 second hits with a low powered single coil, where my higher powered dual coils I take half the amount of hits and usually shorter. Both have to fulfill my need of nicotine and going over that need gives an undesirable result (nic overload) so they are both kept under that nicotine over consumption.

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
There is nothing that states power is related to juice consumption. True more power burns more juice, but a high power user may just take less hits, therefore consume less or equal than a low power user. The output of their device does not dictate consumption. I have observed although not objectively measured that I vape more with my low powered devices than I do with my high. I may chain vape about half dozen 3 to 5 second hits with a low powered single coil, where my higher powered dual coils I take half the amount of hits and usually shorter. Both have to fulfill my need of nicotine and going over that need gives an undesirable result (nic overload) so they are both kept under that nicotine over consumption.
I see where you are coming from but i bet if you got 20 vapers who vaped at 100w +, 20 that vaped between 75W and 100W, 20 that vaped between 50W and 75W, 20 that vaped between 30W and 50W, 20 that vaped between 15W and 30W and 20 at 15W and below and they said honestly how much e-juice they get through a week. The results would show more consumption the higher the wattage someone vaped.

Reactions: vapdivrr

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
I see where you are coming from but i bet if you got 20 vapers who vaped at 100w +, 20 that vaped between 75W and 100W, 20 that vaped between 50W and 75W, 20 that vaped between 30W and 50W, 20 that vaped between 15W and 30W and 20 at 15W and below and they said honestly how much e-juice they get through a week. The results would show more consumption the higher the wattage someone vaped.

I’m basing on my personal observation. I vape between 20 watts and 80 watts max, and regardless of the device, my consumption remains the same. But I do notice that despite my lower power devices burn less per hit, I do take more hits from them to fulfil that nicotine craving.

NOW…..I do not compensate nicotine levels for power. If I used higher nic with my lower wattage I most likely would consume less. But I also would also most likely consume less if I used higher nic with my high powered devices.

Not everyone likes higher nic levels, me being one of them! So how does one accurately measure this….do we measure on the amount of vapor, or the amount of nicotine? If we kept nicotine the same across all subjects, would a high power user consume more vapor than a low power user? Assuming of course their need for nicotine was similar.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
You're original sentence was "There is nothing that states power is related to juice consumption." which is incorrect the more power the more liquid consumption, it's not a difference of opinion it's fact.

Is it fact? Lets see the objective data. My own personal experience says this is incorrect.

I won’t disagree that high power burns more juice per hit, but that does not mean a human is consuming more throughout the day.

Do you vape throughout a wide range? If so what’s your consumption?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread