400W Box Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
i am going not just by my experience but from many threads on many forums where people have quoted how much juice a day or week they get through and comments they have made in threads about what wattage they tend to vape at and while like with anything there are always exceptions to the rule it does suggest that higher wattage users do get through more juice.

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2015
Toledo, Ohio
Who cares how much juice you use really? Other people.
I thought this thread was about a 400 watt box mod... Which no one pointed out one advantage of the mod, long time between charges. The op never even said they vape at 400 watts, just that they liked it more than the 200-whatever watt mod they had. And such aggression between mtl and dl, can't we do our thing at all without pissing someone off. DLers are not the devil. We're not all competition cloud chasers, we just like to vape and don't want to get an aneurysm doing it...

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
I thought this thread was about a 400 watt box mod... Which no one pointed out one advantage of the mod, long time between charges. The op never even said they vape at 400 watts, just that they liked it more than the 200-whatever watt mod they had. And such aggression between mtl and dl, can't we do our thing at all without pissing someone off. DLers are not the devil. We're not all competition cloud chasers, we just like to vape and don't want to get an aneurysm doing it...
You don't need a 400W box mod for loads of capacity, Kangertech released a device last year that took 5 18650's but the device was i believe 220W

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
So every thread stays exactly on point? No one is saying they believe the OP is actually vaping 400 watts. Threads in general talk about the exact point and points that are relevant, so just because it hits a nerve to you, doesn't make it irrelevant. The thread is a hi powered box mod, but yet we converse about something that's inside, the batteries, so what's so out of place about what a 400 mod does in terms of cloud output? also you mentioned mtl and dtl, my initial post about juice consumption never mentioned that at all.

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
A Hell Cat "Red Eye" has 800 HP! Who could possibly need all that?

GmhWNeJ.jpg

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
@uthinkofsomething – I have my suspicions the OP lobbed a grenade into the forums only to sit back and watch the carnage.

As for a 400 watt device, I personally do not have a problem with ultra high powered devices despite they do not cater to my needs. I don’t see these devices becoming a popular trend – this kind of wattage is not nothing new, and companies are smart enough to adjust their design to cater to market demand. I don’t see that demand. In comparison to the 200 watt duel cell DNA250C devices there is very little models that even exploit the 400 watt capabilities of this chipset/board. And out of the small select few who do purchase a device of such high power, how many actually vape at it’s full potential. And out of the even smaller group who may vape at such high levels, who are we to criticize their preferences. I don’t like eating raw Ghost Peppers but I can’t criticize those who do.

I also see the DNA250C as a progression of innovation. Even if it’s power ceiling is not fully exploited, it does demonstrate what the device is capable of which could very well lead to improvements elsewhere within the industry such as longevity or efficiency. Many industries progress due to developers taking it to the extreme. Formula 1 is the pinnacle of motorsport whose technology does trickle down into the consumer market. This does not mean we will be taking the kids to soccer practice in a 1000HP twin turbo minivan. However, advancements in F1 has made that minivan more efficient.

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
To each their own vape.....
If someone wants to vape at 2000W, let them, as long as they are doing so safely. (Yes, debatable I know)

Personally, I seldom use more than 60-80w, and thats with TI fused clapton coils and only during preheat. Nonetheless I use DNA250s as I like the 2A charge, the quality, and other features the board offers. Plus, I figure if I am only using 20% of the boards capacity, it is less likely I will ever push things to the point where they emit the magic smoke.

Yes, they can go to 400W if you load the International firmware, which I do, but the max wattage is NOT the reason I like these boards, in fact I could care less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread