• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

$45 shipping total to ship from Vapor Kings via UPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

4mehealth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2011
canada
... key word here is if it gets returned to sender. You can't ask a merchant to re-ship goods not received or lost in the mail. Most do out of courtesy but are not required to do so. Most will re-ship on their dime but will discontinue to do so if it becomes cost prohibitive or package are routinely returned. I can't blame them.

OK then. Perhaps I need to make a deal with Rob. If it returns to him, then just refund that cost. I can swallow the shipping cost. No problem here (whether I'm in the minority on this one is unknown). If it didn't get through, I wouldn't ask him to reship on his dime. That ain't right. I'd be more than willing to work with Rob in finding a solution. No bitterness on my part.

...Packages from other sources don't seem to track so well. Is it because customer's signature is req'd? All I know is that a CJ prefix tracks well whilst an LJ not so well or not at all.

I believe this depends on how it's shipped. LJ... is shipping via "First Class Priority" (basically, the cheapest method to ship internationally. It's akin to sending a letter out. The CJ # is "International something or other. From what I've seen from other vendors, this is at least double if not more than "Priority" shipping. In that instance, I would look to Dusty to go in on a co-op.

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
Thank you for expressing interest in restarting operations to Canada, Rob.

This is from the USPS website:

Tracking is only available for the following mail classes:

Express Mail®
Global Express Guaranteed®
Express Mail International®
Priority Mail International®*

When you send a mailpiece using one of the mail classes listed above, tracking is included as part of the service that you purchased – there is no extra charge when using one of the eligible mail classes.

Notes:
*Priority Mail International only has tracking to major cities and destinations. You cannot track a flat rate envelope or small flat rate box.

You cannot purchase tracking to add to any other mail class. It is only included with the eligible mail classes listed above.​

We have just recently found out that FedEx packages from the US gets to us in Canada in 2 days for $15 shipping. What's wrong with adding that as an option. There's a thread about madvapes shipping on the Canadian forum with lots of happy customers.

IF not FedEx, then atleast add the option for USPS Express where you can track the packages for a premium price in shipping. We get the packages faster for more money, and we both get to track the packages as well. For those that don't want to indulge in the higher price of shipping, the option of setting up a local co-op buy is always available. End result is still the same.

I'm not a fan of the Priority Mail International because it just shows the starting point and nothing further. Packages also take 2 weeks to arrive.

My 2 cents.

Not Iris

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I run an online business and I was getting a few that would say that they never received their parcel, when tracking showed that the package was indeed delivered. But I would have to offer a refund or else face a chargeback, which the credit card companies do not like to see. I stopped this nonsense by requiring signature for the parcel when delivered. You might want to consider getting signature confirmation? If a package is returned as being unable to deliver, I refund the cost of the goods but I do not refund shipping charges. If items are broken in transit, I go after the Post Office for a refund and send out a new item to the customer without charging any further shipping. It is the cost of doing business.

Going the UPS way is a deal breaker for me when ordering from the US and when I see that as the only option, I back out of the transaction and look elsewhere for what I want.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
I run an online business and I was getting a few that would say that they never received their parcel, when tracking showed that the package was indeed delivered. But I would have to offer a refund or else face a chargeback, which the credit card companies do not like to see. I stopped this nonsense by requiring signature for the parcel when delivered. You might want to consider getting signature confirmation? If a package is returned as being unable to deliver, I refund the cost of the goods but I do not refund shipping charges. If items are broken in transit, I go after the Post Office for a refund and send out a new item to the customer without charging any further shipping. It is the cost of doing business.

Going the UPS way is a deal breaker for me when ordering from the US and when I see that as the only option, I back out of the transaction and look elsewhere for what I want.

+1 Internet fraud by both the consumer and some shady vendors is rampant unfortunately.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
I'd like to think that in this case with Rob, we're not concerned about shadyness. Everybody's trying to get the best bang for their buck.

I got no problem signing for something.

*Seems like I want to be the test mule for whichever way Rob decides to go.
I think you may have missed my point. Rob is a reputable vendor but not all vendors are reputable. On the same token their is dishonest people in every walks of life, ecig is but one avenue. I know of several instances where folks have played that game with good natured vendors, getting 2 packages.

I like to believe everyone is honest, unfortunately that is not the world we live in.

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
*Seems like I want to be the test mule for whichever way Rob decides to go.

Considering I have had two relatively large orders from VK in the last two months, you can play guinea pig for now. Ask Rob to reference his emails from David in Toronto, just around the time he closed shipping to us if he is looking for details/suggestions on what could be done.

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
I think you may have missed my point. Rob is a reputable vendor but not all vendors are reputable. On the same token their is dishonest people in every walks of life, ecig is but one avenue. I know of several instances where folks have played that game with good natured vendors, getting 2 packages.

I like to believe everyone is honest, unfortunately that is not the world we live in.

Exactly, and I believe this is another one of the reasons that Rob stopped shipping here. Now, if he requests a signature on delivery, there should be no confusion right?, no matter the method of shipping. Is that how it works?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread