RDA 454 atty. amazing RDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

toddrhodes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2012
United States
The airflow is adjustable in all respects. The AFC ring will tighten the window on each 1/2/4 coil simultaneously. I can't think of a use case where you'd need different airflow needs in the same build but on different coils, but you can certainly tighten things up for any coil configuration. Basically, if you go past wide open, you start closing off the air holes little by little using the AFC ring, if that makes sense. Same as most drippers I've used (Quasar, Magma, TOBH-sorta) I tried it on a dual coil config over the weekend, wide open air holes, with a widemouth drip tip and frankly, it was airy even for lung hits, huge airflow possibilities which would come in handy for quad setups I'd think. Lots of potential in this atty, for sure.

GHB1

Mar 13, 2014
Seattle WA
Had tracking alerts set for my 101vape order and just got the notice today that, "Out for Delivery" that's what I'm talking about, 101Vape to me in 3 days, awesome as always.
Also got a GotSmoke deals ad saying, Hey everybody 101Vape has an awesome deal", gig is up on the 454 now, it will sell out fast, but we got ours and dang I love vape mail, stinking addict I am for sure and loving it a lot better than addicted to stinkies for over 40 yrs, ya I'm an old guy but not tech challenged, retired and a vaping fool.
Only thing though is who ever the knucklehead was that told me that, Oh you'll save a lot of money if you quit smoking, Ya Right.. I have so many mods it's really ridiculous I'm a thinking at times but I love them all, and this 454 is going to probably smoke the rest as it appears can't wait for that mailman and will be standing right at the mail box, just love that USPS tracking system, had to explain to the mailman what all those packages were that he's always stuffing in my mailbox .. LOL
He told me their delivery has at least tripled and had mentioned that a lot are return labels are addressed mostly with Vape something and he didn't know what it was so just happened to have my Hana in my pocket and whipped it out and gave him a quick tuneup... He was surprised and then asked me if it would work for him as he's a smoker and I went in the house and came out with an ego and a Kanger mini with some of my own homemade juice tobacco flavor and gave it to him, week later he's knocking on my door asking more questions and now's a vape head to.. Ya
Also heard today the White House has weakened those FDA proposals, good for us, I posted that under CASSA 3rd call to action and FDA regulations threads, we is winning for now people, Vape on..!!

toddrhodes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2012
United States
Had tracking alerts set for my 101vape order and just got the notice today that, "Out for Delivery" that's what I'm talking about, 101Vape to me in 3 days, awesome as always.
Also got a GotSmoke deals ad saying, Hey everybody 101Vape has an awesome deal", gig is up on the 454 now, it will sell out fast, but we got ours and dang I love vape mail, stinking addict I am for sure and loving it a lot better than addicted to stinkies for over 40 yrs, ya I'm an old guy but not tech challenged, retired and a vaping fool.
Only thing though is who ever the knucklehead was that told me that, Oh you'll save a lot of money if you quit smoking, Ya Right.. I have so many mods it's really ridiculous I'm a thinking at times but I love them all, and this 454 is going to probably smoke the rest as it appears can't wait for that mailman and will be standing right at the mail box, just love that USPS tracking system, had to explain to the mailman what all those packages were that he's always stuffing in my mailbox .. LOL
He told me their delivery has at least tripled and had mentioned that a lot are return labels are addressed mostly with Vape something and he didn't know what it was so just happened to have my Hana in my pocket and whipped it out and gave him a quick tuneup... He was surprised and then asked me if it would work for him as he's a smoker and I went in the house and came out with an ego and a Kanger mini with some of my own homemade juice tobacco flavor and gave it to him, week later he's knocking on my door asking more questions and now's a vape head to.. Ya
Also heard today the White House has weakened those FDA proposals, good for us, I posted that under CASSA 3rd call to action and FDA regulations threads, we is winning for now people, Vape on..!!

That's awesome about the mailman!

iamAuz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2014
Bryant, Arkansas
Another Update!:

I have had the atty for a few weeks now and it really is a game changer. Very versatile, tons of features and the price is great. If you have a chance to get one of these, do it! You will not be disappointed, whether you use single coil, dual or quad... chase flavor or clouds.... This is the RDA for you. I think it looks nice too :D

I have seen a few shops online get them instock lately. Hyperion has them now.... they even used one of my pictures that i posted in this thread :p ... VaporDNA has them now i believe and the price is good on both of these sites. Honestly for 85 bucks.... this thing is a steal.

reeftivo

ECF Veteran
May 28, 2010
Chino, california
Another Update!:

I have had the atty for a few weeks now and it really is a game changer. Very versatile, tons of features and the price is great. If you have a chance to get one of these, do it! You will not be disappointed, whether you use single coil, dual or quad... chase flavor or clouds.... This is the RDA for you. I think it looks nice too :D

I have seen a few shops online get them instock lately. Hyperion has them now.... they even used one of my pictures that i posted in this thread :p ... VaporDNA has them now i believe and the price is good on both of these sites. Honestly for 85 bucks.... this thing is a steal.

I agree! It's a perfectly machined device for sure. I mean mine's flawless!!!!!
I just got mine from 101vape yesterday evening and I'm very impressed at the build quality. It's the best I've seen yet on an RDA.
My first quad build was tossed because I used too large of a bit for my micros so I dropped it down to a 5/64 bit and all fit well on the second.
I used longer legs on the coils with the first build and it was a little tricky to keep everything uniform, but since I tossed that build, I went with much shorter legs and it was a breeze to keep things straight. I'm only enjoying my second build so I will run this one through its paces and tinker a bit with the next. Flavor is great with cellucotton and throat hit is smooth, not harsh. The vapor is on par with my stillare so I'm happy. I'm pretty sure after I tinker a bit more on the upcoming builds, it will surpass the stillare.

I cant believe this thing hasn't been getting more attention.

some pics

454-3.jpg
454-4.jpg

on a windros
454-2.jpg

26g quad micro, .6 ohms w/cellucotton
454.jpg

decent cloud
454-5.jpg

Last edited:

toddrhodes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2012
United States
I agree! It's a perfectly machined device for sure. I mean mine's flawless!!!!!
I just got mine from 101vape yesterday evening and I'm very impressed at the build quality. It's the best I've seen yet on an RDA.
My first quad build was tossed because I used too large of a bit for my micros so I dropped it down to a 5/64 bit and all fit well on the second.
I used longer legs on the coils with the first build and it was a little tricky to keep everything uniform, but since I tossed that build, I went with much shorter legs and it was a breeze to keep things straight. I'm only enjoying my second build so I will run this one through its paces and tinker a bit with the next. Flavor is great with cellucotton and throat hit is smooth, not harsh. The vapor is on par with my stillare so I'm happy. I'm pretty sure after I tinker a bit more on the upcoming builds, it will surpass the stillare.

I cant believe this thing hasn't been getting more attention.

some pics

View attachment 352136
View attachment 352142

on a windros
View attachment 352138

26g quad micro, .6 ohms w/cellucotton
View attachment 352139

decent cloud
View attachment 352140

Wow, nice build! Do you tuck the leads under the ring, or do you go around the screwheads above the ring? I've found it to be a little easier to use the heads instead of try to use the ring. Running a horizontal dual coil, 26 ga, 7/8 wraps, ohms out around .45 if memory serves. I don't get what they mean by a "drill bit guide" in the illustration posted after the one I quoted, but either way it's fine. Pretty easy to build on and a very solid performer to boot.

reeftivo

ECF Veteran
May 28, 2010
Chino, california
Thanks!
I'm using the ring. I did the first build using the screws and that was fine, but the ring is actually easier IMO.

The drill bit guide is just the circular groove around the base of the center post. You can set your bit down into it through each coil and use it to adjust the coils evenly once everything is snugged up. It basically is only a guide, but it works pretty good.

Last edited:

toddrhodes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2012
United States
Thanks!
I'm using the ring. I did the first build using the screws and that was fine, but the ring is actually easier IMO.

The drill bit guide is just the circular groove around the base of the center post. You can set your bit down into it through each coil and use it to adjust the coils evenly once everything is snugged up. It basically is only a guide, but it works pretty good.

Am I picturing it correctly that for a quad build, you'd need 4 of the same drill bits, correct?

reeftivo

ECF Veteran
May 28, 2010
Chino, california
Am I picturing it correctly that for a quad build, you'd need 4 of the same drill bits, correct?

I guess you could, but I just use the groove and one bit to adjust each coil individually after they have been snugged up a bit. For me it's easiest to have semi short opposing legs on each coil (an inch or slightly less) and just slide all of them through the center post slots loose. Then with my fingers I group them closer together near the center post and slightly tighten the center post just enough the hold the wires. Then I use the bit and base groove to straighten things out. After I get things uniform and upright, I tighten down the center post screw, trim the tails from the center post and set the ground ring over the holes and snug that up. where the circular groove comes in handy is when everything is tightened, the groove holds the bit and lets you use it kind of like a lever to adjust the coils.

the leads under the base ring are easy to snap off once the ring is tightened. Just work the leads back and forth until it breaks. It will break flush with the ring so the chamber slides right over.

hope that makes sense

Last edited:

maf2k8

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2009
Chicago, IL
www.facebook.com
So i got my 454 Big Block RDA today. Without really looking at any builds out there, I just went at it and hoped for the best. Here are a few step by step pics i took along the way. I will say that even though its not hard to build this RDA, It is VERY time consuming, lol. Now this is my first build on the 454 and honestly my first quad build, So i am sure i will improve things as i learn the RDA more. I must say though this thing is a MONSTER! The flavor/vapor/nic delivery is just like a 454 Big Block coming at ya! 2 vapes on some 12mg juice and i am spinning!

So far i am LOVING this RDA! So far no leaking and no issues (I have only had it for a day)

If i had to give it 1 negative (as of now) Is how much time it takes to coil and wick up this thing. Once finish though, I feel very proud of the build.

I THINK i am using that negative ring in the correct way, I don't understand why people would NOT wanna use that ring? It makes trapping the coil leads a piece of cake!

2014-07-03 18.05.39.jpg
2014-07-03 18.11.26.jpg
2014-07-03 18.18.44.jpg
2014-07-03 18.18.26-2.jpg
2014-07-03 18.33.26.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread