RDA 454 atty. amazing RDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

toddrhodes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2012
United States
Looks fantastic maf! I too put together a quad build on the 454 last night and whoa nelly, this thing delivers in just about any configuration you can come up with. So far, I've done single, single parallel, dual horizontal, dual vertical, and now quad vertical. Quad vertical is what this thing was meant for though. Huge airflow and billowy vapor, but still all the flavor I was getting out of my single parallel. I've bumped out my #2 flavor from the 454 (favorite flavor used to go in the Tobh) but now the 454 is my ADV, as it were. Just a badass little device here.

reeftivo

ECF Veteran
May 28, 2010
Chino, california
This dripper looks nuts.

So want.
Ya! It's pretty sick that the machining and tolerances on this thing are so perfect. It may be a little daunting at the first build because there's a lot going on there if you're doing quads. That shouldn't scare people into shelving it because when you get the hang of it you won't be able to put it down or stop staring at it. It's really that nice and at half the price of many other high end originals, it will flat out perform with the best of them.

Loopy1224

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2014
Brick, New Jersey
I got mine yesterday and threw in a .3 ohm vertical quad coil. From the look of this atty i assume this is what the designer had in mind. I have to say that dollar for dollar this is my favorite piece of vaping gear. Big flavor. Big vapor. On par with my drippers that cost twice as much. And it even comes with a drip tip. In my opinion this atty sets the bar at a new level for performance and value.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bonyai

Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
Pittsburg, CA
dygy7aja.jpg

Got mine on my el sigilo. Im loving it. Sits so flush. 26 guage quad coil 6 wraps each.

reeftivo

ECF Veteran
May 28, 2010
Chino, california
dygy7aja.jpg

Got mine on my el sigilo. Im loving it. Sits so flush. 26 guage quad coil 6 wraps each.

that looks really nice!!!!

Are you using the ring? I find that the ground ring works great for setting mine up. Some owners had mentioned that it was a pain but I had the opposite experience.

couple pics

mine on my windros
454 on windros.jpg

leads trapped under ring
454 coils.jpg

Last edited:

reeftivo

ECF Veteran
May 28, 2010
Chino, california
the 454 is not a device for the uncoordinated or impatient:laugh:

to build is easy, but not nearly as quick as basic 2 or 3 post RDAs.

I'm on my third quad build and I think it took me about 5 minutes to set the coils. wrapping and heating the coils takes much longer than the deck build. It gets much easier after a few.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread