4th Unofficially Official Halo Chat Thread: The Sequaling!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Dutchess County, New York
Well, how are the fine folks in this thread doing? It has been many years since I have stopped in here. I still order my favorite, Tribeca, so I guess that qualifies me to say "howdy folks". How are all the sqeaky wheels turning in this neck of the woods? Wishing all of the Halo fans a spectacular New Year!
{{nanusic}}
Doin fine, tyvm.

Trudging thru another winter. Not much of the S, but plenty of cold.

So it's a good time for slow roasted pork, or beef, or chicken. And beautiful onion soup au gratin.

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Since Sunday's forecast is rain/snow, we can't do wings outside in the turkey fryer. But MrsOno tried out a technique to do them in the oven, giving nice crispy wings. Superb! Then tossed in some good traditional sauce (Franks RedHot, butter, a little added sauted garlic).

mmmmmmm

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Not the 3-Day weekend I wanted.

This Nor'easter was devastating! We got about 8" of very wet heavy snow, then lost power Friday afternoon.
Got the cars dug out Saturday afternoon, and ran to the ACME for supplies.
And omg. there must be at least 15 trees with downed wires/poles blocking roads. Every route I tried was blocked except 1. They got to the big tree blocking our road on Sunday afternoon.
Went to Ct. to my sisters for a (much needed) shower. Must have seen 30 utility trucks/ bucket trucks and tree service trucks on I-84 heading towards us.

sigh

We have a generator, so we can fire up the oil burner. And can run the freezer and fridge. But it doesn't have enough juice to run the water pump.

As of this Monday morning, still no power, but they say we should be back by 11pm tonight.

So here at work,

sigh

BLTinFLA

ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2014
Palm Harbor, FL
Having gone through Hurricane Irma last September, I can empathize. I had a generator so I could run my fridge and freezer. I also was able to watch TV or make coffee with 2 other circuits. The funny thing; while the TV cable service were dead for four days, my Direct TV dish worked even with 90 MPH winds and storms!

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Thanks. We got power Monday afternoon. But many neighbors are still out (on Wednesday).

And just in case it wasn't already the worse outage in the area, a fesh 12 to 18" of snow today should help.

But I'm set for now (knockwood). Full oil tank, full gas can, full freezer. And plenty of vapin jooze!

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Wow.

oh, first things first.....
{{{{Diva}}}}

it looks like it finally stopped at 11:30pm. Almost 20 hours of snow. And it is the heavy clingy wet stuff. No easy powder to shovel, but dense chit. Perfect for snowman-making, or snowballs.
Haven't gone out yet for the measurement, but had 14" at 3pm.

And in the morning, it is gonna take a while to dig out.

Spring, please!!!

IMG_20180307_170630.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread