510: Auto or Manual

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it often ends up being personal preference with these sort of things, but with my job, Im often using both hands, and Im still working on the genetic mods for those third and fourth ones. And I dont have monkey feet *sigh* Anyway, Im thinking of buying a couple of auto batts for my 510, and I was wondering if theyre worth the buy

So, Im looking for pros and cons of a 510 auto, are they as efficient? do they drain faster? or should I just stick it out with manual batts?

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
All manuals for me. I like to drip to test juices (not recommended on autos) and the rest of the time I use cartomizers (which occasionally leak a bit right over the where hole of an auto battery would be). Most people here use manuals. The 510 manuals are particularly nice - totally sealed metal on the threaded end (not all manuals are sealed though they are all usually harder to kill with juice leaks than autos). Autos all have a hole in the end and a necessary drag sensor right inside that hole. Get juice in there and it is pretty easy to damage or kill an auto battery. Also autos can turn on accidentally from wind or vibration. Autos may require an extra drag first to warm up the atty then the real drag. Manuals you can just press the button early. And I think manuals are less work.

Last edited:

BGabe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2011
Indiana
I've never came across an auto that came on with wind and vibration. I've heard it can happen, but I've tried to imitate it by blowing around the ends of the batteries and never had an issue, even held it out the window of my car at 70mph on the interstate! I really prefer the manuals though. They are just more fun imo, plus a battery + carto or atty/cart might be too heavy to hold in your mouth hands free the way you would with an analog. That was so convenient, but I HATE smoke in my eyes..

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
The shipping isnt bothering me too much. I saw they have carts for 2 bucks each, so a dollar in shipping for every item I order dont phase me much. Thank you, by the by, for pointing this out swedishfish. Kindly appreciated!

Great! Hope it works out for you. You can always get a drip tip or like another poster mentioned use the carto thingy and snip off the end. I like the plastic delrin drip tips.

DTO

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2011
Chicago, IL USA
I have manual and auto batteries. I got the autos with my 510 kit and bought extra manual batteries because they sounded cool and I wanted spares. I totally prefer manuals more and usually only use them. If my manuals are dead then I switch to the autos. They autos are not bad, manuals are just better in my opinion.

Batteries are pretty cheap, if you want one, I say try it out...you only live once.

Critter Man

ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2010
Minnesota
The OP said he wanted a hands free setup. Can't do that with manual no matter how much you like yours.

510 auto batteries are worth it in your case, I think. If you find it is too heavy, I think you can get an adapter to use a 403 batt with your 510 stuff. The 403 is a tiny battery that won't last long, but it's worth mentioning due to the lightness of it which would make it easier to hold in your lips.

swedishfish did find you a killer deal, though, so let us know how you like your new 510 auto batts :2cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread