www.thevaporpro.com
  • Deleted by ZambucaLu
  • Reason: unregistered supplier advertising plus multiple identity

STILLSMOK9

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Esoteric State of America
If you are a heavy vaper you have several options.
1.) Carry a couple batteries
2.) Carry a PCC
3.) Use a USB pass through which can connect to a portable USB battery box or you can plug it into a computer or a car adapter.

If your real heavy smoker option 3 can be done for under $39 which is quite a bit less than a mod.

TheVaporPro.com 10% Off Coupon Code: projuice

PRO 1 (Joyetech 510)|Juice and accessories| Lowest Prices!
I think you are missing what i am saying here, "The battery was charged for 8 hours and lasted only 10 minutes!'

Sounds like a defective batt to me?

808hustlin

Jul 29, 2009
Maui, HI
I just recieved my 510 on Monday. I didn't realize that battery life was this bad. I mean it works out okay because i have 2 batteries but I feel like i'm constantly charging batteries. Well Here's my dilemma, I live in Maui and i'm traveling to Delaware for a reunion. Does anyone know of any place where i can either buy a 510 pass thru or batteries either online or in a store where i could pick them up in either phoenix, Philly or Delaware. I will be in Philly & Delaware the most but have a long layover in phoenix. I really don't want to have to buy analogs. I leave for Delaware thursday night any suggestions?

Anonomo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2009
Missouri
808, Unless you know a pilot that will flying to Maui tonight or tomorrow that would be one tough order to get to you by Thursday. If you're going to be in Delaware for a few days maybe you could have some batts shipped to an address there. Parker with Diet Smokes (I believe he's in the Dallas area) ships fast. That's my only recommendation. If you're really lucky maybe someone will reply back with a vendor in your layover cities. Anyway here's bump for you. Good luck.

gatsby

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
I just recieved my 510 on Monday. I didn't realize that battery life was this bad. I mean it works out okay because i have 2 batteries but I feel like i'm constantly charging batteries. Well Here's my dilemma, I live in Maui and i'm traveling to Delaware for a reunion. Does anyone know of any place where i can either buy a 510 pass thru or batteries either online or in a store where i could pick them up in either phoenix, Philly or Delaware. I will be in Philly & Delaware the most but have a long layover in phoenix. I really don't want to have to buy analogs. I leave for Delaware thursday night any suggestions?

I actually thought there was a HI supplier, but Good Prophets is in Akron PA. That is certainly out of your way but they might be able to get something to Delawre for you if you give him a call. The contact info is:
Contact Us

Good luck and try not to take DBs like Kreel too seriously. According to him 510 batteries last all year and when they finally crap out they turn into strawberry ice cream.

808hustlin

Jul 29, 2009
Maui, HI
808 -- think ahead much? Just take your charger with you. The 510 batts charge in about an hour and 15 minutes. It's good for you that both Philly and Delaware have electrical outlets in most buildings/homes/hotels/motels.

Next time I'll bet you are prepared.

Yeah I did all the research on which one to get but not into battery life. It took 3 weeks to get my orginal order cause of backorders, If i'd gotten my 510 sooner i would have found out that i need 3-4 batteries a day or a passthru. Next time I'll be well prepared i just thought i'd try my luck and see if anybody knew of any vendors in the areas i'll be in.

Nepenthy

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
Cbus, Ohio
808- It doesnt seem like you are constantly charging 510 batteries, you DEFINITELY are always charging 510 batteries. Im sure you figured out by now, but the PCC is a must and really should come with every 510 kit imo. I keep a full 510 in my pocket, and a battery and extra atomizer in the PCC at all times. Ive never been caught with my pants down with that setup.

Elokin6

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2009
Miami
one of my manual batteries isnt firing up every time i push the button...at times i have to hit it 7 or 8 times to get the led to light up and the atty to kick in...i thought i had a dead battery a few times but it does this fully charged too
I think all of mine do that now. When I take them off the charger, I have to hit the button multiple times before they work. I thought it was the PCC, but it happens with the wall charger now too. Otherwise, they seem to work normally. Not sure what the deal is but it's kind of concerning.

gatsby

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
I think all of mine do that now. When I take them off the charger, I have to hit the button multiple times before they work. I thought it was the PCC, but it happens with the wall charger now too. Otherwise, they seem to work normally. Not sure what the deal is but it's kind of concerning.

Make sure you are cleaning the contacts on both your batteries and your chargers. Also make sure the led blinks when you plug it in (harder with the PCC). Cleaning helps but remember as often as you have to charge these things takes a toll on their performance. After a couple of months you have put in a lot of charges with normal to heavy use. The poster who compared them to a hemi with a small tank is only part right. Its a small tank that gets smaller with every refill.

Elokin6

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2009
Miami
Ok, I cleaned the connectors on my wall charger and the batteries, and they still won't turn on right away after being screwed onto the charger. 2 of my batteries are aprox 2 weeks old, so I don't think I've done too much damage yet. Is there a way to clean the connectors better than just wiping them with a q-tip?

The batteries do blink when I connect them to the wall charger. What does that mean, btw?

ETA: just put a brand new battery on the charger for a second and I had to hit the button 3 times before it fired up. Could my charger be messed up?

gatsby

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
Ok, I cleaned the connectors on my wall charger and the batteries, and they still won't turn on right away after being screwed onto the charger. 2 of my batteries are aprox 2 weeks old, so I don't think I've done too much damage yet. Is there a way to clean the connectors better than just wiping them with a q-tip?

The batteries do blink when I connect them to the wall charger. What does that mean, btw?

ETA: just put a brand new battery on the charger for a second and I had to hit the button 3 times before it fired up. Could my charger be messed up?

The blinking when you plug them in is just a signal that they have started their charge cycle. I was having both issues (no charge and a delay like you are describing) which was why I cleaned all my connections and it seemed to fix both issues for me so I thought they were related. As far as cleaning I just dipped the q-tip in rubbing alcohol and cleaned all the threads and posts (batteries, chargers, atomizers) followed by a dry q-tip and/or paper towel. For the chargers I squished the head of the q-tip with a pliers so I could fit it around the threads on the usb style chargers. It worked for me in this situation, but I also think it is a good thing to do fairly regularly because you will notice that it doesn't take long for old bits of burnt liquid to collect in the connections. Somebody can also probably recommend a better solvent than rubbing alcohol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread