510 initial 8 hour charge, necessary?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thunderoad02

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2010
Maryland
I couldn't post this to the 510 forum since i am still restricted to this forum.

I am hoping I get my 510 tomorrow. I have read Joye's recommendations for the initial 8 hour charge , then use it for 20 mins , and then charge an additional hour. Is this really necessary? Has any one else actually done this or have you just charged it and started vaping?
My instinct , of course, is to pull this thing out make sure it is fully charged and go to town, but if this ultimately will hurt the battery i don't want to do it

You don't need to do that I can tell you from years of Li-ion experience that the memory effect does not exist for li-ion's. (Well maybe for laptops but that's the battery monitoring software getting a memory effect not the actual battery.)Top them off drain them dry do whatever (except set on fire) the protection circuit in MOST li-ions will allow you to charge however you like. For that matter fully charging the battery isn't even nessesary. (But I'm sure you want your first vape with a new piece to be a good one.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread