510/KR808 Adapter with Cartomizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProfessorDaffy

ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Acme Looniversity
Anyone else have an adapter for the 510 to use the cartomizers?

When I break off a toothpick in one of the holes in the adapter, the draw is too hard. Without the toothpick, the draw is too soft.

Either way, there is not much vapor. Any other ideas to try?

Debbie

You're not going to get the same amout of vapor from a cartomizer as you do from a 510. After the cartomizer heats up you can expect vapor about that of a 901. Not terrible by any means, but not a 510. It's not you.

--Prof Daffy

jlmanno

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
I use the adapter and though I love the convenience of using cartomizers, they no way produce the vapor of a 510. As stated I also find the vapor = that of a 901. I still use the cartomizers especially when I'm on the go or driving etc. Flavors taste different as well. Some great others not, matter of taste and your preference. I do get longer 510 battery life with the cartomizers the advantage when you don't have the time to top off or drip. The adapters definitely have their use. As to the draw depending on the cartomizer, I hold a finger over oneof the holes openings if the draw is to light. Happy vaping!

Debbie

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
South Jersey
I just got the cartomizers today and I'm not having much luck with them. Not much vapor, not much flavor, not working very well. Maybe if I had smoked 2 or 3 extra extra ultra heavenly super light cigarettes a day, I would appreciate their lack of draw. :rolleyes:

But I was a 2 1/2-pack-a-day (40+ years) could-finish-off-a-cig-in-30-seconds-right-down-to-the-filter type smoker. These cartomizers are boring me to death! 8-o

I was just wondering if there is some way to modify the cartomizer or the adapter, at least enough to give a satisfying draw.

When I break off a toothpick in one hole, it's like trying to suck through a brick wall. Without the toothpick, it's like sucking an empty straw. One extreme or the other.

I can't believe I'm the only who is hating them.

Frustrating....

Debbie

Added: Getting little to NO vapor.

Last edited:

AngusATAT

Captain Tightpants
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2009
GA, USA
I'm a fairly recent convert to cartomizers, and after reading through the forums and experimenting a bit, I now get much better performance out of them. The throat hit and taste were never an issue, as the cartomizers are great for that, but it really took a bit of messing with to get the vapor I wanted out of it.

First, you'll never get great vapor from a prefilled carto right off the bat. However, once you refill it with a juice that contains some VG, you'll notice a marked improvement. I haven't used blank cartos yet, but I would imagine the vapor production would be on par with a refilled carto.

Second, cartomizers like higher voltage. You'll see a vast improvement on vapor with a 5v or 6v battery mod. I recommend 5v, as 6v can be a little too much for some flavored juices. At the very least, I would advise a good 3.7v mod, as they have a little more "oomph" in the battery department than a standard e-cig battery.

As far as the adapter is concerned... you may want to try another adapter (maybe from another vendor?). I'm using a 510/KR8 adapter from AltSmoke, and had to plug one of the holes, and now the draw is perfect for me.

Madame Psychosis

ECF Veteran
Nov 18, 2009
East Coast Gypsy
AngusATAT hit the nail(s) on the head. I didn't have success with prefilled PG cartomizers on my standard 510 with the adapter. Even with part-VG juice I have to take long, long draws on a regular 510 or KR8 battery to get much of anything, though the draw is fine -- it's the cartos themselves. (Now I understand why people want really long cut-off times on their KR8 manual batts.)

But I started loving cartomizers at 5/6v, with at least 30% VG juice. Now I use them most of the time. (I mostly leave my 510 attys now for use at 3.7v because they get harsh easily.)

WitchWay

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2009
Texas
I had the same problem and would love to hear the solution as well! Another thing I tried was the GreenCig carts. It's like night and day from the KR8 carts on the adaptor. The GreenCig carts are fantastic! The prefill flavor leaves some to be desired, but you can adjust the draw by how tight you screw it on the adaptor and the vapor and hit are super.

May peace and joy fill your life, today and everyday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread