510 vs Ego?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Big Chief

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2009
Anderson, IN
There is only one difference with the 510 and ego..the battery. They use the same attomisers, and all are compatible. Its a 180 (or 380 for mega) mah, vs a 650 or 900. (each 100 mah is 1 to 2 hours vape time). Aside from looks and feel in the hand, its simply more vapetime between charges. Ok, the ego will allow Low resistance attomisers...but thats about it. :)

Personally, I found the difference between the two like night and day. I realize they are basically the same, aside from the larger battery and the cone, but the difference was significant enough to me that I went from over a month of 510 vaping and smoking 10 - 15(+) a day to eGo and no smoking within less than 2 hours of owning it.

Could just be me, but I swear by the eGo now. There are times when I have to charge the eGo batt and I'll throw on a 510 batt. When that happens, all I can do is hope that the next 1.5 - 2 hrs goes by quickly so I can put the eGo batt back on.

Cit-e Steamer

ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2009
Harm Cit-e, USA
There is NO comparison. The EGo is head and shoulders above the standard 510 battery. About a year ago, I started on a 510 kit. I had to suck my face off to get a decent amount of vapor; even with VG and the battery life was dismal and weak.

Then, I stepped up to a 6V mod (SB) and used it exclusively until about 2 weeks ago. It produced clouds of vapor but was just too conspicuous and bulky to bring into public. BUT, it is so durable that I have dropped it onto concrete from over 25 feet twice with only dings and scratches. But, I digress.

The EGo battery, even with regular 510 attys produces far more vapor for a longer period of time. I got so frustrated having to charge my 510 batteries constantly in the PCC for 2 hours of whispy vaping.

NOW, my EGO (900 mah) with LR 510s and 306s (1.5ohms) is PURE HEAVEN. I like it better than HV vaping and I thought that I would never say that.

Cit-e Steamer

ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2009
Harm Cit-e, USA
Cit-e-steamer try one of the Ego Mega Atty's on your bullet @6V THATS HEAVEN

Intriguing. But, what is the difference between that atty and the standard Joye 510. Do they have the same resistance? Is it just a matter of more juice capacity? Does it have better vapor production or flavor production than the 510?

The Big Chief

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2009
Anderson, IN
I think the OP was questioning the performance in terms of TH, vapor, etc- stock kit to stock kit. But when we discuss OPTIONS..well now...door gets kicked open by the ego enthusiasts. Im a week in on my ego. I prefer cartos on my mega 510 bat, and use ego for the mega carto. Thats subject to change when my LR order shows up later this week. I still love my mega 510. The small feel is good for me. 4 hour bat is fine, and I dont mind topping off. Ive done enough fancy shmancy stuff to be content with simplicity now....but like I said, subject to change :p

The Big Chief

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2009
Anderson, IN
If I see the mega atties, along with the LR atties, and they are simply for bigger carts, Ill be dissapointed, especially for the extra cost to use them. That IS the intended purpose for them is the 2.5 ml cart, but still...50% higher atty cost and cart cost might not be worth all the fuss....I'll be finding out soon enough....to date, my LR 901 on the SD is tops for massive vape with tons of flavor. To each their own, just my 2 cents.

CtryBoy

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Texas
Thanks all for the input. Sometimes the TH and vapor feel inconsistent. I didn't know if it was me or the 510. I'm still learning and trying to find the "perfect" fit for me. There's just so much information to consume it can make your head spin!

Enjoy the learning curve, it can sometimes make your head hurt.

As for the TH/Vapor inconsistency I'll assume you have stock 2.5ohm atomizers with carts. (I'll try not to give you a headache) Think about when this happens. If it happens after using a cart for a while, may just need topping off. Atomizer could be getting old or 'junked' up.

If it happens pretty close to the recharge time it's nothing more than the battery following it's normal cycle life. Lots of punch fresh off the charger evens out to steady vape then dwindling slowing prior to stopping and flashing. Gotta love how big of a PITA these things can be compared to opening a fresh pack of analogs, but at least they arent likely to kill us. Remember you are the boss and if you dont like something in particular about your vape try to 'define' it and you should be able to find a simple solution once the headache from all your research goes away.

There is only one difference with the 510 and ego..the battery. They use the same attomisers, and all are compatible. Its a 180 (or 380 for mega) mah, vs a 650 or 900. (each 100 mah is 1 to 2 hours vape time). Aside from looks and feel in the hand, its simply more vapetime between charges. Ok, the ego will allow Low resistance attomisers...but thats about it. :)

Think Big Chief kinda summed up the biggest difference. If have regular 510's and love the form factor the 380 mAh manual is the next step for battery life. If you are not in love with the cigarette looking style the world is your oyster in options. I would insist on getting the biggest battery you can whether you stick with the 510 or go with the eGo, mainly because you'll get better performance and probably better life (longer charge cycles) out of the bigger battery options.

Remember that it all comes down to what works for you. Nothing else matters around here. Learn all you can about what you are currently using and address any 'deficiencies' on a one on one basis. Battery life is an obvious one and an easy fix for the 510 get a mega battery, eGo, or MOD. Of course if you decide on a MOD, you are in for a migraine trying to sort out those options.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread