510 vs EGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreakyStylie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
The Internet
is the cartomizer setup the same overall length as a standard atty+cartridge? one thing I wish was different about the 510 is that the manual button is so far forward. would feel much more natural if the button was closer to the mouthpiece end.
I'm not sure if you're talking the standard 510 to eGo, but the button is slightly closer to your mouth on the eGo, and a sliver closer with a standard cartomizer on the eGo.

I know the eGo batt will not fit the standard 510 pcc........will it charge from the 510 wall charger or if I get an ego battery will I also have to have a separate charger?

A separate charger would benefit. The standard 510 charger will charge it slower.

One question . . . do you know anybody who might like to try vaping? If so, it may benefit you to just get an eGo kit. You could resell or loan-off one of the kits to somebody who would like to start. A lot of people have written that they actually prefer different pvs for different situations . . . in the car, in bed, in public, on long trips, at work . . . . LOL, I've been vaping for about a month. I have 2 eGo batts, 5 510 batts, 7 510 attys, 12 510 cartos, and tons of cartridges and juices. I am still about even with what I spent on cigarettes. I don't see it as too much of a loss, and I use them for different things.

DesiG

ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2010
Rochester NY
I have a V3, an inferno ( a Vgo I think) and a 510. I started with the 510, but quickly wanted something other than fussing with the batteries and the PCC all the time, so I got the V3 and thought that I would use the 510 as my 'backup'. That was too much of a letdown to go from the V3 to the 510, so I got the inferno as my backup and the 510 is now the backup to the backup. I use the V3 and the inferno exclusively now, and love them both. If I had it to do over, I would not have bought the 510, instead I would have gone with the Ego or Vgo- much better battery life, and better vapor. I vape all day and have not drained the battery in one day on the inferno yet. The puresmoker V3 is my absolute favorite for most of my flavors, and I use my inferno daily as well. I fill my cartomizers with different flavors and line them up in my organizer. Can't drip and drive now can I. Thankfully, I drive from patient to patient in the field (home care) and no one can tell me I can't vape in my car.

JTman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2010
SE Michigan
I have a ModernVapor 902 (its basically a 510, really sharp though and Tony over at MV is just awesome!) and I just got in the mail today my eGo passthrough. (its kind of a hybrid, the USB cable plugs into the opposite end so you can vape on it while its charging, it still has the 650mah battery in it). I let it charge for about an hour and took a rip on it and I was sold. I see the eGo becomming my new main vape and the 902 going on the shelf as backup. It's not that much bigger, should last all day, and I wont have to lug around the PCC which will be nice.

Edit: I kinda feel bad saying my 902 is going on the shelf. I have it to thank for being 15 days analog free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread