5v-6v MECHANICAL Mod'rs - Best Tank System??

Status
Not open for further replies.

jennifergib7

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2009
60 mi E of Lex, KY
www.facebook.com
Have a question and I'm hopeful you can help me. I use a Mechanical Mod, 5V-6V (two stacked RCR123a 3.0V). I've never felt the need for a 'kick' regulator...I like vaping cartomizors around 3.0-3.2 ohms. I've thought about purchasing new variable mod, but the few I've had in the past aren't reliable enough for me. I like the mechanical because it's rugged, unfailing and has proved the test of time. If anything is wrong with the operation, it is fixable for the most part.

I AM BEYOND TIRED of using B_GE cartomizors because of inconsistency in OHMS and quality issues; sick of filling a fresh carto and it tasting burnt..foul..questioning 'what's in this?'...I want consistency like my mod. I want the same warm, good taste EVERY time.

Is there a more reliable carto? Is there a tank available on the market that can deliver this? Is there a rebuildable tank where I can consistently do these for myself?

Thanks and I appreciate any help.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi jenn,

Some will mention something about NOT using stacked batteries but that was not your inquiry...although improvements in devices make it possible to get a similar vape experience from a single, safer chemistry battery in the V3

Have a peek HERE

For something similar to a carto/tank set up investigate : Sophia

Have fun
I

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
Just about any good rebuildable tank can be set up for that resistance..

Just my 2 pennies but ever thought of moving past the high voltage setup? I didn't think there was any of you guys left out there lol

the same warm thick vape can be had easily on today's single battery mechs, they have even designed low resistance prebuilt heads in some of the tanks just for unregulated vaping these days.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Have a question and I'm hopeful you can help me. I use a Mechanical Mod, 5V-6V (two stacked RCR123a 3.0V). I've never felt the need for a 'kick' regulator...I like vaping cartomizors around 3.0-3.2 ohms. I've thought about purchasing new variable mod, but the few I've had in the past aren't reliable enough for me. I like the mechanical because it's rugged, unfailing and has proved the test of time. If anything is wrong with the operation, it is fixable for the most part.

I AM BEYOND TIRED of using B_GE cartomizors because of inconsistency in OHMS and quality issues; sick of filling a fresh carto and it tasting burnt..foul..questioning 'what's in this?'...I want consistency like my mod. I want the same warm, good taste EVERY time.

Is there a more reliable carto? Is there a tank available on the market that can deliver this? Is there a rebuildable tank where I can consistently do these for myself?
I used Ikenvape cartos almost exclusively for nearly two years. I used the pre-punched Platinum 2.5 ohm in IBTanked cartotanks. I would use pre-punched Smoktech 2 - 3 ohm if I couldn't get Ikenvapes. I never cared for Boge's either. I used these on a regulated mod (Provari).

I only stacked batteries in a mechanical for a couple of weeks back when I first started vaping, and stopped that because of poor battery life, the number of batteries that were required, and because of the safety issue of stacking batteries. There are many more ways to vape safely than this.

If you are not using cartotanks, you may want to look into the Fusion series at Ikenvape. It seems a lot of people prefer using these solo.

I haven't used a cartomizer in over a year, as I am now using rebuildables exclusively. Even though the Ikenvapes were a better carto IMHO (better flavor and lasted longer than Smoks), there were still the occasional duds which was frustrating.

I've been using a rebuildable drip atomizer (a Patriot) on a mechanical Silver Bullet and a rebuildable tank atomizer (Kayfun Lite Plus) on the Provari. I decided to build all of my coils because I could get better flavor, more vapor, change flavors on a whim, and do it far less expensively than with cartos. Now I am in charge of quality control, and if my vape sucks I have no one to blame but myself.

Information Resources for Your First RBA

I strongly recommend that you research and consider trying a rebuildable drip atomizer or a rebuildable tank atomizer. Inexpensive Mechanical Mod and RDA Setup

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread