8-hour battery? Really? Tell me the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jo OnTheGo

Jun 26, 2010
Asheboro, NC
Can I believe this?
Vapor4Life- Electronic Cigarette: Vapor King Ultimate XL Starter Kit
(I can't post links yet)

I want to get my first uh.. 510? thing, is this a good place to start?

I already ordered an Eluma but I'm getting that most of you recommend a K8(something) or a 510(thing). The 8-hour battery has me excited, can I believe it?

Thank you sooooo much

vermonter16

ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2010
Manassas, VA
Well, I just ordered a Vapor King Regular.... I think that the battery life from what I have gathered - depends on how much you vape. I am starting with the regulars and a PCC to see how those work (because I like the smaller size....this is kind of what steered me away from some of the others). I think the battery is probably at least 6-8hours.... I believe that the Vapor King is the the Kr8 or 808 or whatever... :) Like I said - I'm new so maybe someone else can give you more info!

Jo OnTheGo

Jun 26, 2010
Asheboro, NC
:) Like I said - I'm new so maybe someone else can give you more info![/QUOTE]

Girrrrl I am new too, so we can walk through this maze of information together. Are you like, as thrilled as I am to have found this forum? All the pros, all the noobs, its fabulous! I can't get anything done around the house I'm so enraptured with this place - lol. I'm a goof, I know

Lyndagayle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
Arkansas
If you're looking for long battery life, the Ego is the way to go. I started out with a 510 but got tired of recharging every 2 hours or so and ordered an Ego kit two weeks later. An Ego battery will keep me going from say 4 p.m. one day til 6 p.m. the next and I consider myself a pretty heavy vaper. I have mine in my hand or in my mouth constantly. I guess I should clarify that since I've been using mine constantly for two months now, I've lost a little bit of life so maybe I should subtract an hour or two. I ordered my kits from Cignot because of the excellent customer service and fast shipping but that's not to say there aren't other vendors here that are just as fast, I just can't comment because I haven't dealt with them. Good luck and welcome on board!

TWolf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2010
Northern MS
twolf2u.blogspot.com
The eGo isn't as big as you'd think, but it is a fatter battery. More the size of a small cigar (think Petit Corona if you know cigars). I've found it to be very stylish looking as well. I change my battery once a day for a fresh one. Meanwhile, my co-workers with 510s are changing at least twice before the workday is through.

Tasty Vapor has a good price on starter kits as well. Janty offers the best warranty if that's a consideration for you.

RoKeM

ECF Veteran
Jul 16, 2009
Dallas, TX.
If you are after a small (cig like) pv, you will have to deal with less batt life. For me, I started wanting a cig like pv and that was that. After switching to vaping 100%, I had to have long batt life. I now use the ego. It doesn't look like a cig. But as the poster before me said, I too vape all day and I get 6 to 8 hrs. From a single charge! The kit comes with two batts, so you're good alll day no matter what. Also, there is a mega Ego out there that is 900mah, that will get a hard user through the whole day and night for sure! Good luck and welcome to ECF!

Sent from my T-Mobile G1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Toker

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2010
Georgia
Lynda - I just went to look at the ego on cignot and, it looks huge. Is it like smoking a cigar? Is the battery life worth smoking the big thing? Forgive my newbie questions.

P.S. I lived in Little Rock for a while and enjoyed it :)

It looks huge, but it is only a little bit bigger around than the regular 510.

If you are really wanting something smaller, then might just have to go with the 510 and get a PCC, so you can charge on the go. But if you don't want to have to switch out batteries a couple times throughout the day, then go with the Ego.

I'm not sure if there is an ecig with a good long battery life, that isn't either longer or fatter around.

potholerepairman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2009
Imo, the ego battery is a must have for the 510.Its only a little bit bigger , and rests on the end making it really convient.With a standard or mega 510 battery I was always wondering when will it turn off, this is not an issue so carrying a bunch of extra batteries with you everywhere you go won't be a must unless you are going out for many many hours.

BajaGadget

Jun 25, 2010
Dayton
I too just got interested in vaping. Been smoking for 20 years and really want to quit, or at least cut WAY back.

On battery life, it's just a physics problem. Ecigs draw a lot of power to make the heat for the atty (atomizer). You need battery mass for power to last longer. They already use some of the best battery technology to do this (Lithium Ion). Milliamp Hours is a unit of capacity. More mAhs means longer run time.

The slightly larger ecigs like the eGo have 650 mAh. I don't know the mAh for the basic 510, but the extended run 510 batteries listed on Cignot are 280. So the eGo has over twice the life of the extended 510 batt.

I did a lot of research before I ordered my pair of eGos from Cignot. I think I made a good choice. I'm excited and can't wait! I like the eGo especially because it uses standard parts from the 510, but has a much stronger battery compared to a basic 510.

There's a deal in the Seasonal forum (go to the forum home page and scroll way down) for a pair of eGos for about $60. I can't post links yet, but the thread is Celebrate the 4th w/a Dual eGo Kit for $57.23 Delivered!
Buying two at once seems kinda wasteful until you think about it. You are getting two batteries and two attys which you will definitely need eventually. Had I not already ordered mine, I'd use this deal.

Welcome and good luck!!

Mike

kellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2009
Binghamton, NY
If you like the ego then may I suggest that you check out the Riva I have done alot of research the past few days trying to decide on a ego or riva. I choose the riva because it's cheaper, it has a better button and the battery last longer. Also all parts are interchangable with the ego. The have them at vapor junction and nhaler. I currently use a 510 manual

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread