8-hour battery? Really? Tell me the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoKeM

ECF Veteran
Jul 16, 2009
Dallas, TX.
If you like the ego then may I suggest that you check out the Riva I have done alot of research the past few days trying to decide on a ego or riva. I choose the riva because it's cheaper, it has a better button and the battery last longer. Also all parts are interchangable with the ego. The have them at vapor junction and nhaler. I currently use a 510 manual

Would love to hear how this works out for you in the terms of performance and craftsmanship. Maybe post a “How it’s performing after a few months of use”? I ask because I have read that the Riva is a non-Joye built device and essentially is a knock off of the Ego. Now I’m not bad mouthing it, I have never used one so I have no opinion either way. I just know that in most cases a clone/knock off is usually not as good. If you get the same quality and function from a PV that is 20 bucks cheaper(on the starter kit), that would be good information to have!

hubba

Jun 1, 2010
kentucky
I've had my Reva about 3 weeks and dearly love it. It has a longer battery life (750 mah, I think) and I only recharge about every other day. Actually, it was an ego user who suggested I try the Reva. I thank her every day for her help. Give the Reva a try and save some money. Bought mine at Vapor Junction and it was here in just a few days.

Mr.Self_Destruct

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2010
Queens, NY
For size comparison:
The blu, 510 and ego
Picture010.jpg

Shaka

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Honolulu, HI
Hi Jo!

Have an eGo and thoroughly happy with it. This model has earned all of the accolades it's received. But I almost lost one of my eGo's, so I felt it prudent to get backups.

Don't get me wrong because I love my eGo's...but I went with Rivas.

Several reasons: great reviews, larger battery capacity (750 mah), better button (also lighted), better looking (imo), all hardware cross-compatible with my eGo, and significantly cheaper (2 kit for 49.95 at VaporJunction).

Actually I just bought batteries ($16) and cones in platinum and black because I already have the other parts. Was in the mail less than an hour after placing the order on Friday and just awaiting shipment.

You absolutely will not go wrong with eGo's. But if you want a unit w/ a little longer battery life that looks a little nicer (again imo) and save some $$, you might want to check it out.

btw Jo, so that you don't have to keep saying "K8(something)" or "510(thing)" please read the following threads (gonna be worth your time, promise):

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...rated-guide-e-cigs-part-1-6-a.html#post552767
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...c-cigarette-first-time-vaper.html#post1438697

Happy hunting!

yoyoma_mda

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2010
San Diego
if you get an ego get some 510 LR cartomizers, you'll get loads of vapor and flavor and you're device will be nearly maintenance free. If you decide that you want to stay with something cig shaped then go ahead and try the kr-808/Vapor King, the XL battery is great for going out and you'll have an array of low resistance cartomizers to choose from. Just keep in mind the XL batteries won't fit in the PCC if you decide to get one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread