8 reasons not to buy a decent MOD

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiclass

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2016
@hiclass What did you get? Don't leave us hanging here!;)

The Aspire Speeder and it's on the way to my door.
ummm...
I wonder FT will ship the Zeus tank today as they have estimated.

I plan to order eleaf Invoke too... but I don't have a tank which match that good looking white color mod.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
The Aspire Speeder and it's on the way to my door.
ummm...
I wonder FT will ship the Zeus tank today as they have estimated.

I plan to order Eleaf Invoke too... but I don't have a tank which match that good looking white color mod.
I broke down and ordered a second Zeus, silver, from Eciggity. Kept the order foe gunmetal from FT. FT Zeus is still pre-ship on my page. Great mod choices, show us the Speeder when you get it please.

Gahh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Bay Shore LI NY
I'm waiting for the Kangvape Mini KP Box 60W 1500mAh VW Variable Wattage APV Mod Kit.
Only You Tube video I could find about this was in Himalayan ( I think ).
Any who,,,, for under 15 bucks I said what the heck,,,,
$14.46 Kangvape Mini KP Box 60W 1500mAh VW Variable Wattage APV Mod Kit - authentic / 2ml / 0.2/0.5ohm / 1-60W / OLED screen display / heat disspation design at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
I'm betting it's great!!!!!!!!! But I won't know for the next 3 years,,, I ordered it from Fast Tech......LOL

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
1. If by putting it in your pocket, it is heavy enough to pull down your pants, don't buy.
2. If it is bulky just to hold more batteries or for no apparent reason, don't buy.
3. If it has a battery door that can easily or accidently opens by itself, don't buy.
4. If it is ugly like a bomb remote controller without an antenna, don't buy.
5. If it requires a computer for fine-tweaking or upgrade firmware to work correctly, don't buy.
6. If its 510 connector is only gummed in its position or lacks threads, don't buy.
7. If it is driven by batteries other than AA or 18650, don't buy.
8. If it is expensive just because it adds color display, don't buy.

If you really want to find a mod without all the above problems, go to the future.:2cool:
1. If by putting it in your pocket, it is heavy enough to pull down your pants, don't buy.
Buy a Scotte Vest - No worries
2. If it is bulky just to hold more batteries or for no apparent reason, don't buy.
The difference between the men and the boys is the size of their toys!
3. If it has a battery door that can easily or accidentally opens by itself, don't buy.
I'll agree on that one
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder
5. If it requires a computer for fine-tweaking or upgrade firmware to work correctly, don't buy.
Let's agree to disagree. None need a computer but some have the option to upgrade or tweak by a computer. Nothing wrong with that.
6. If its 510 connector is only gummed in its position or lacks threads, don't buy.
Yes spring loaded is best
Wrong, I've found that some mods with built in batteries are pretty awesome.
8. If it is expensive just because it adds color display, don't buy.
My Father bought a Color T.V for my Grandma. In the 70s,She put the black and white T.V on top of the Color T.V and watched it. Said the color hurt her eyes. If you like color screens spend the extra money and get a color screen. You deserve to buy what you like.
You forgot One.
9. If the brand is notorious for the paint peeling off don't buy.
Smok is a chief offender

Vapers today are seriously spoiled. I started in 2009 and the quality and price on APV was night and day from today. Back then it was easy to buy a $100.00 APV and have it be garbage. Now a days you can buy great units from $30.00 up. And even some of the smaller ones under $30.00 with integrated attys are pretty great too.

FYI
My current APVs are
Reauleaux RX3
Reuleax DNA 250
And new to my collection the
Eleaf Aster Rt
The Eleaf was a tremendous deal only $34.00 from U.S Vendor. 4000Mah built in battery. Low Profile from Recessed Atty. I'm running a Zephyrus 2 which is the only stock solution atty with horizontal coils. It is short and blocky but so far I'm liking it.

Last edited:

hiclass

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2016
I'm waiting for the Kangvape Mini KP Box 60W 1500mAh VW Variable Wattage APV Mod Kit.
Only You Tube video I could find about this was in Himalayan ( I think ).
Any who,,,, for under 15 bucks I said what the heck,,,,
$14.46 Kangvape Mini KP Box 60W 1500mAh VW Variable Wattage APV Mod Kit - authentic / 2ml / 0.2/0.5ohm / 1-60W / OLED screen display / heat disspation design at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
I'm betting it's great!!!!!!!!! But I won't know for the next 3 years,,, I ordered it from Fast Tech......LOL

By reason 7) don't buy!

In fact, consider the power factor in another way, its built in battery is only 1500mAH... compare that with a dual 18650 3000mAH batteries setup, in general, that mod will have 3-4 times higher battery recharge frequency. So, even if its price is 3-4 times lower than the norm, it actually is not cheaper. Of course you can buy 3-4 of them in 1 go (and probably will enjoy bulk buy discount...), but I don't think it is fun to keep switching your tank among them due to the frequent recharging needs. It will be worst if one day their built in battery dies, do you know how to solder back a replacement... for me, I don't.

hiclass

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2016
Buy a Scotte Vest - No worries

Too late, I already sold my Tesla Nano at second hand price to my friend.

The difference between the men and the boys is the size of their toys!

size of their 3rd arm, I suppose...

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder

provided the light is not switched off.

Wrong, I've found that some mods with built in batteries are pretty awesome.

Definitely not in the long run.

You deserve to buy what you like.

Yes, you also deserve to be reminded on 8 not to buy reasons.

Reactions: stols001

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
I broke down and ordered a second Zeus, silver, from Eciggity. Kept the order foe gunmetal from FT. FT Zeus is still pre-ship on my page. Great mod choices, show us the Speeder when you get it please.
That is so nice of you to order me a Zeus for my birthday, even the color I like![emoji10]

Sent from the future

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
L2hQnR6JhA8-VjjJyGL6SoOYNaQq1WcMapGbPtwqllCpiAjQyJgEm1VfLGFcBgO5RI17yNVCJyL3DAB6KGWyBYHLfwAs4f60PqRpRfFJep5mgi2J_mQvx6STj_KU_PTCD60Aot8kESMVir_CbBmcgxEzxxJydywQLB97i6hxKKgVbW7QnxfAP2Id3e88Kz5X4Gh-R65P7z7AiGk0QOvIoDwgJJe1hLJyALxPRwJ-NwJHkgZvnO4iZG_1iAQZ_6iGyUB9QfO5WT16DU3rfzCPDojRsx7U9OUT_qg0Z4p87k1VXtENB6FFjBmj3YsICrAyRzjDy8z-tu-ceutXFgpTL5QeJY7QW7GtV3YBaNFj_RowOMOJKsyZ9svNYxM_eFJ_mxBmex8SZze91RveGhz1Ho_u1qqZZ7TOe_WYj23wi9CBYm7HnytQDyPPE_Hrdrj4ipcoK1dJYVZ93mdFMKbxOjfguENJbJ8eB23kFVy_GcNCqaFcoZG7598W-PxSWWf655qide_AL1zRo21DOKB7p61E-xjrmLWG_WrsLk2DCLkWmEMkxBSCtJn2fwgF__sxzkaG_0kWyjKQvZlvSrRDxwgmBPr2kSfL7pMc72Fw=w511-h683-no

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread