Status
Not open for further replies.

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
But all my mods are too small for 30mm and above tanks.

They do mostly.

Time for a new mod...lol. I use lipo mods so all of my mods are large either using a CNC N1 enclosure or a CNC frame mod that’s a little bigger than the N1. I have a lot of them since I build them. I got the 41mm when I started using the HOG V3 (quad 18650 paraseries mod). That was before I got into lipo mods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
I saw that you had helped out some vaper's. Kudos. I'm just now getting some extra gear. Need to work on backup mods. Not into mechs, myself.
The reason I say mechs for the Vapacolype box is because they are pretty much failure proof. The Beacons are good beginner mechs and safe enough if you don't use coils under .2 and I would recommend .4 plus to be on the safe side. If all of your regulated mods fail, your mechanicals will still work as long as you have a decent battery.

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
My problem with rdta is I can't grab the tank to pull it out of my purse. Turned into a pita.
I don't know which RDTA you had but the Crius has a pretty tight fitting topcap as does the Battlestar, Still easy enough to pull up to fill the tank but on firmly enough that you could pull your mod out of your purse by it.

Last edited:

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
What's vapepoclayse

If the FDA shuts down all vaping related devices and juices, people who don’t have or use mechs/unregulated devices will be without a mod when the regulated boards end up biting the dust causing a vapepoclayse.

If you have a mech, all you have to do is keep it clean and it will last forever beings there is no boards or chips to go out.

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
What's vapepoclayse
Vapacolypse is when the powers that be (FDA Deeming Regulations) decide that vaping is too dangerous and try to take away all of our good toys...or rather regulate what we are able to get and take us back to vaping as it was in 2007. That's why a lot of people stockpile Mods and tanks, coils, and DIY supplies.

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
Another reason why I started building unregulated mods along with DIY juice. I’ve also been building VV lipo mods with a board that a friend of mine came up with and started having it built a while back. He will have them from years to come, plus he will be able to get around the FDA with it.

hiclass

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2016
Time for a new mod...lol. I use lipo mods so all of my mods are large either using a CNC N1 enclosure or a CNC frame mod that’s a little bigger than the N1. I have a lot of them since I build them. I got the 41mm when I started using the HOG V3 (quad 18650 paraseries mod). That was before I got into lipo mods.

Umm...
I don't think I can opt for a bigger mod to accomodate the fatty tanks...
I believe those mods are too big for my small hand.:smokie:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Mechs are timeless and I guess I need to have at least one. It's just nice to be able to dial the vape up and down on a variable mod without having to recoil. Once you find the magic coil formula it's repeatable on a mech, though.

I still have a cheap plastic box mod mech that uses 18500's, but it's not suitable for backup. It's basically just a toy.

My box of various low end variable mods should last a long time. I bought a number of them on sale in multiples last year. I have half a dozen popular mid and high end variable mods, but you can't depend on electronics to last forever.

My Provari V2 may outlast them all.

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
Mechs are timeless and I guess I need to have at least one. It's just nice to be able to dial the vape up and down on a variable mod without having to recoil. Once you find the magic coil formula it's repeatable on a mech, though.

I still have a cheap plastic box mod mech that uses 18500's, but it's not suitable for backup. It's basically just a toy.

My box of various low end variable mods should last a long time. I bought a number of them on sale in multiples last year. I have half a dozen popular mid and high end variable mods, but you can't depend on electronics to last forever.

My Provari V2 may outlast them all.
You can always go to 3FVape and pick up a couple of cheap clones. I like authentics and there is the Kryptonite by Silver Wolf customs. Authentic and reasonably priced @ $50. I'll probably get one of those next.

hiclass

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2016
@hiclass... Practice makes perfect and if you are looking for an RTA that YOU build and wick perfectly the first time, you will be looking forever.

Ah, I miss this one...
Augvape Merlin (1st generation, not the mini) is the right candidate to get your build and wick correctly done at the very first time, no practice required, trust me.
Yes, its sole flaw is seeping problem, otherwise I will have bought a dozen of them long time ago.

To me, if OBS Nano is close to perfect, then Augvape Merlin is even closer... and this statement still stands as of today.:2cool:

Herrick

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2016
1. If it doesn't offer a single coil deck, don't buy.
2. If it can't easily let you plug a big (say 3.5/4mm) coil on its deck, don't buy.
3. If it can only hold less than 4ml, don't buy
4. If e-juice seeps from its side or at the bottom, don't buy.
5. If to unscrew its top cap can sometimes unscrew its chamber or base instead, don't buy.
6. If it is not easy to adjust its AFC, don't buy.
7. If it has a JFC but is not easy to adjust it, don't buy.
8. If you can't buy replacement glass for its tank nor its replacement o-ring, don't buy.

If you come across a tank that doesn't have any of the 8 mentioned problems, buy a dozen of them... quickly. :2cool:

The EXO RTA meets all of these requirements except number 5. The chamber can become unscrewed with the top cap but it's such a rare event for me these days.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
My eight reasons for not buying any more RTAs:

1. Leaks
2. Leaks
3. Leaks
4. Leaks
5. Leaks
6. Leaks
7. Leaks
8. Leaks

Yeah, probably my fault in most cases, just can't be bothered any more. Life is too short (even shorter at my age) to fuss about. If I do use an RTA it must be a genny-style, like the Avocado or Limitless. I'm done with the others.

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
My eight reasons for not buying any more RTAs:

1. Leaks
2. Leaks
3. Leaks
4. Leaks
5. Leaks
6. Leaks
7. Leaks
8. Leaks

Yeah, probably my fault in most cases, just can't be bothered any more. Life is too short (even shorter at my age) to fuss about. If I do use an RTA it must be a genny-style, like the Avocado or Limitless. I'm done with the others.

You may want to look into the Modfather RTA. It’s a 30mm tank if you have a device big enough for it, it’s an awesome little tank (I say little because I run lipo mods and as we speak I have the Modfather big brother (Voltrove) on it. 41mm w/25ml capacity). You wick it just like a dripper and as long as you do a few dry pulls to create the vacuum in the tank you can’t make the thing leak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread