• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

$8000 fine if caught with nicotine ejuice in oz

Status
Not open for further replies.

DTO

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2011
Chicago, IL USA
I'm so sorry to hear all this BS you guys are having to deal with down under. I've never been to Australia yet, but I plan on visiting some friends in the future. This news is horrible. I think this news is just going to make things worse because it's going to open up and illegal underground black market for getting nicotine into the country. That can't be better.

Do you think so? Have you heard so?

Just by reading the above excerpt in post 61 and other documents in that gov. link. Even many in US think some sort of legislation is inevitable there..........from what I've read.

I'm so sorry to hear all this BS you guys are having to deal with down under. I've never been to Australia yet, but I plan on visiting some friends in the future. This news is horrible. I think this news is just going to make things worse because it's going to open up and illegal underground black market for getting nicotine into the country. That can't be better.

They are so Orwellian and will either tax highly or ban and turn us into criminals. It is sad when long addicted smokers have finally found a way to kick the habit.............don't mean to be pessimistic, but it's hard to imagine a good outcome.

Meanwhile: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/myfreedomsmokes/43742-smoke-juice-storage-tips.html

So much great information on ECF.

Evil_Monkey

Jun 29, 2011
FNQ Australia
Hmmm, so basically, my 902 and five bottles of liquid will make it into QLD okay? Im honestly confused by all this legislative jargon lol... I just want to try using these ecigs to see if i can cut down, and possibly quit smoking...

And if they do ban the import of liquid up here, is there anyone thatd send it up to me, all payed for of course?

Feel free to pm me those who would be willing help a wannabe non-smoker:laugh:

Nova Sphere

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2011
S29 40' 272" E031 07'030"
If getting it on you lips or sometimes in your mouth is bad, I would be dead. I dont do it on purpose but it happens all the time. When I fill carto's or drip from the bottle I get liquid on my hands all the time, everyday, and I wipe it off with a napkin and go about my business and not worry about it. If the juice was just pure nicotine then that would be a different story, the E-juice is only 24 to 36 milligrams Per Millititer worst case and you can go as low as 8mg's, but most people use 18 to 24mg's, so that is not a very high nicotine level. Hope this helps.

I agree with you, if tasting or getting the juice on your skin could make you ill, we would hear about it here! Afterall isn't there Nicotine in the nicotine patch?

Rysup

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2011
Sydney, Australia
I agree with you, if tasting or getting the juice on your skin could make you ill, we would hear about it here! Afterall isn't there Nicotine in the nicotine patch?

It can make you ill actually... I take it you've never seen someone ODing on nic patches? Drip a drop of 100mg/ml nic juice on yourself and you would feel pretty similiar (ie ill or dead)...

Anything with a decent level of nic concentration should be handled with care...

Last edited:

katz-in-boots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2011
Under Down Under
It can make you ill actually... I take it you've never seen someone ODing on nic patches? Drip a drop of 100mg/ml nic juice on yourself and you would feel pretty similiar (ie ill)...
Anything with a decent level of nic concentration should be handled with care...

I used a nicotine patch & ended up at the Doctor with overdose - and I'd worked it all out with the pharmacy first, what strength I'd need etc. Not nice. Nic juice is dangerous.

I ordered nic juice for the first time, wondered whether it'd get through (to TAS) . Well it came yesterday and it had been opened, by Quarantine. I think it's cause the supplier put 'food flavouring' on the declaration. :laugh: Nothing removed, thank heavens.

Last edited:

symphynity

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2011
Australia
Frightening.....I've been using 0 nic so far. What would happened if I spilled some 18nic juice on me?

Probably not a lot . 18mg/ml of nicotine is a pretty weak concentration , at worst , some localised skin irritation.

OTOH , 100mg/ml would definately cause problems. Nicotine is a Poison . Treat it as you would Arsenic or Cyanide. Perfectly safe when handled properly , deadly if not .

light487

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2009
Sydney, Australia
Yup.. treat it the same you would treat insecticides and industrial cleaning products when it is in strengths like 100mg/ml. I wear latex gloves when I am mixing up a batch of 50mg/ml from my 100mg/ml bottle. I'd also be wearing gloves if I was mixing and/or using insecticides and industrial strength cleaners as well. I've noticed, with strengths around the 18 to 24 mg/ml range that there is a tiny bit of necrosis (skin hardening/flaking) if you "continually" get it on your fingers without washing it off but no more than what I was getting when I was holding a cigarette in my hands smoking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread