801 attys not all interchangeable? Plus more...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Confetti

Mar 20, 2009
I recently switched from 901 to 801, and I like the 801 a lot. However, I have had a problem with some of the 801 attys not fitting on the battery or usb powered type. What is going on with this? I tried the little adapter from the wall charger and it makes them fit. Maybe I need to get a separate adapter thing? Because then I can't charge the batteries if I'm using the adapter to actually use the product.
Oh, and I got a hold of two or three of those really bad tasting attys people have been talking about. It's NOT the primer - I've been at this long enough to know what that's like and this is beyond horrid tasting, and it does NOT go away.
My only two suppliers since switching to the 801 are Litecig and Rocky Mountain Vapor.
Can you buy those little adapter things out-right, or do they only come with kits?
The other problem with the 801 is that I haven't been able to find a wall charger I can purchase separately. It seems wall chargers only come with kits?
Thanks in advance for anyone who stuck with me through these questions! :oops:

leannebug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
the deep south
I'm new to the Penstyle too. I bought 4 different styles: the Joye302, the BE112, the M201, and the SLB 801 (they are all the same style, different models) The M201 does not work well with the Be112, Joye302, and the SLB 801. The rest 'mostly' work together. It has to do with the airholes matching up, I believe.

As to the charger, the auto batts need the kind that plugs into the USB, but you can then plug the USB into a wall adapter.
3 of the sets I ordered came with chargers, but you might be able to pick one up on the classified. I have not seen them for sale. Have you tried any of the China sites?
I'm not sure which 'adapter' you mean?

I also got a couple of the bad attys (both sets are from Joye .. both sets are new, but one is the 302 (penstyle) and the others are 510. They worked ok for a little bit (couple days; perhaps while the primer was wearing off, but then YUCK.. even my house smells of burnt odor) I have tried everything, and am currently soaking them in lemon juice.

HTH!

leannebug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
the deep south
Ok.. I think I found a Penstyle charger. It says that they have all types, and you need to specify which kind you need. This one is for the USB (which can plug into some wall units). They also carry just a "wall charger" but that listing doesn't say "all types available" so you'll have to ask. (FWIW: this place came recommended by a friend, she's been shopping there for 2 years)

I also saw them at Healthcabinnet.com, and they are running anniversary specials. (but it's coming from China, may take longer)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread