Status
Not open for further replies.

Della Cirque

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2011
Deep East Texas
As the Lounge Lizards already know, I did the unthinkable and shorted out my Wood.:( I have already thrown myself in the dirt several times.

Now I need to know which 801 attys my REOkin use. I was using a LR1.8 Cisco Spec. The atty was not over tightened and the battery is fairly new and was at 4.1 volts when the short occurred.

As a 306 & 510 user I don't know how to tell if the center post is protruding on a 801.:confused:
801.jpg clickable image

Which 801 attys do you use?

Last edited:

Mudflap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Tyler, Texas
I use Cisco and IKV 801's. I have some SR BE 112's that are waiting for a VV Woodvil.

Rob will check out the gasket in your Woodvil's atty connector when he repairs it. I think I remember reading that you only had the one 801 atomizer? If so, I'd send it in with the Woodvil and Rob can probably tell you the cause of the short.

All of my 801's have the center pin elevated a bit above the bottom of the threaded "cup" just as it is in your picture.

I'm guessing either the insulating gasket in your your mod's atty connector or the gasket in the atty itself got smooshed and allowed the positive and negative poles to make contact.

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
I can tell you it wasn't the mod if it was your original 801 reo . you cant short the mod like a standard 510 mod there is no gasket in the original reos to crush .The mod is bullet proof as far as that goes .Send the mod and the atomizer I will no when I have a peek :)
I wanted to add you have to be careful when using a original reo not to over tighten your atomizer. There is no give in the mod and you can damage your atomizer if you over tighten.The best way to put any atomizer on a mod is to only use the tips of your fingers to snug them down

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread