Status
Not open for further replies.

hollyberry

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2011
Raleigh, North Carolina
I just purchased some 808 hardware from the classies and I'm a total newbie with this model (I'm an eGo girl for the most part). Where is the best place to buy blank cartos? Is it possible to buy attys and drip? (I haven't seen any 808 attys)

How long do the batteries tend to last?

Thanks in advance for any info! :)

rawrscary

ECF Veteran
Jun 3, 2011
Seattle
You can find 808 hardware many places. Just depends what you want.

GotVapes has a huge variety of cartomizers. Many of the ones they sell have fittings for 808 models.

Bloog also sells 808 batteries and Cartomizers among other things. Everything they have though is 808. I would suggest Bloog as the company to buy 808 gear from. They have the latest tech batteries and cartos. If nothing else, buy their batteries. The CE2 and CE3 clearomizers work great on them.

There are a few other stores mimicking what they sell, but Bloog always has the latest modifications due to them having one of their employees directly over in China, working with the manufacturer. So that means things like having batteries that function more like a real cig. Instant on and off when you take a drag on auto batteries. They also have regulated batteries that will deliver the same performance from full charge all the way to when the battery is ready to die and be charged again. Vaping on a Bloog battery does not taper down in performance as you vape on it.

Their cartos have had several modifications as well. I'm sure if you ask over in the Bloog forums, someone with more knowledge can explain exactly what sets them apart a little better than I can.

Morandir835

Idiot Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2011
Outside DC
Ms. HollyBerry any idea if you bought a gen 1 or gen 2 kr808? Here's a brief description of the differences and the run time:

Gen 1- Start at 4.2v under load and work themselves down to 3.7 (and lower) as they are used. Vapor 4 Life has newer batts (king diamond and stealth series) that use a new cell design that enables it to hold it's voltage longer than it's predecessors. Here's where the averages get difficult, these batts come in different sizes. All with a 2.2ohm carto averages are- Shorty 119 minutes, Regular 158 minutes, XL 247 minutes

Gen 2- First introduced by Bloog, but now many companies offer them. They are regulated to 3.6v and have a slightly higher mah (220mah on a shorty compared to the gen 1 at 180mah) to them. These are the best option (and why the companies that sell them sell these cartos) for the new horizontal coil cartos for the kr808. 3 sizes again, all with a 2.7ohm horizontal carto- Shorty 161 minutes, Regular 202 minutes, XL 272 minutes average

If it's an unregulated batt (gen 1), wouldn't suggest using horizontal coils on them, but you can use a large variety of other cartos on them. With the regulated batt (gen 2) you're best bet is using the horizontal coil, though you can use other cartos with them, the lower voltage will hamper their performance compared to the unregulated batt. If you check out my blogs have a few comparisons of the new v4l and bloog mf batts.

Rawrscary sir you'll be surprised how many companies have people in china in the ecig world. Bloog is not the only one.... :)

rawrscary

ECF Veteran
Jun 3, 2011
Seattle
Ms. HollyBerry any idea if you bought a gen 1 or gen 2 kr808? Here's a brief description of the differences and the run time:

Gen 1- Start at 4.2v under load and work themselves down to 3.7 (and lower) as they are used. Vapor 4 Life has newer batts (king diamond and stealth series) that use a new cell design that enables it to hold it's voltage longer than it's predecessors. Here's where the averages get difficult, these batts come in different sizes. All with a 2.2ohm carto averages are- Shorty 119 minutes, Regular 158 minutes, XL 247 minutes

Gen 2- First introduced by Bloog, but now many companies offer them. They are regulated to 3.6v and have a slightly higher mah (220mah on a shorty compared to the gen 1 at 180mah) to them. These are the best option (and why the companies that sell them sell these cartos) for the new horizontal coil cartos for the kr808. 3 sizes again, all with a 2.7ohm horizontal carto- Shorty 161 minutes, Regular 202 minutes, XL 272 minutes average

If it's an unregulated batt (gen 1), wouldn't suggest using horizontal coils on them, but you can use a large variety of other cartos on them. With the regulated batt (gen 2) you're best bet is using the horizontal coil, though you can use other cartos with them, the lower voltage will hamper their performance compared to the unregulated batt. If you check out my blogs have a few comparisons of the new v4l and bloog mf batts.

Rawrscary sir you'll be surprised how many companies have people in china in the ecig world. Bloog is not the only one.... :)

As far as I'm aware, Bloog is the only one that has someone over there doing work on the 808's. I'm sure others are over there doing things for other styles. I haven't heard of anyone else doing the improvements on 808's aside from Leaford though. I could be wrong.

rawrscary

ECF Veteran
Jun 3, 2011
Seattle
Rawrscary sir bloog isn't the only company with people over there working on improvements for the kr808, v4l's man in charge Smilin is over there quite often as one example.

Well good for him. Guess I was mistaken. Someone else is over in China working on 808's. Too bad they still can't manage to achieve the same performance as a Bloog and change over to regulated batteries. So really... I guess I'm wondering what your point is? I never claimed Bloog was the only company EVER that has someone over in China. I am however going to suggest their products over V4L, because the simple fact is, they are better than V4L's products now.

Better Carto's and better batteries thanks to Leaford working directly over there. Can't say the same for V4L's products regardless of someone being over there or not.

rawrscary

ECF Veteran
Jun 3, 2011
Seattle
That is your opinion Rawrscary sir.

Actually no, it's not my opinion. It's a fact.

V4L is using unregulated batteries that are typical generation one KR808D-1 batteries. Bloog is using newer ones that are regulated and provide better performance in the cartomizer because of it. We all know he used to be at V4L so some of their stuff has improvements, obviously those improvements have not continued since he moved to Bloog.

I really don't need you following me around in every thread trying to "correct" my opinion either. You need to back off already...

Last edited:

Kaefo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2011
Champaign, Illinois
Regarding your question about atomizers, you can use a 901 atomizer on your 808 batteries as long as they are manual and not automatic. Another suggestion for cartomizers is the 808 megas from Ikenvape, but his store is closed right now.

You can also consider getting adaptors for other threading. Good Prophets has adaptors for 99 cents.

Morandir835

Idiot Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2011
Outside DC
Rawrscary sir where to begin, in case you haven't noticed I'm a regular both here and of course on v4l sub forums, and many other forums. I talk alot, and have done quite alot of work with ecigs, and have contributed in many ways. You are stating opinion and it boarders on flaming. The regulated batts and horizontal coil cartos are not the only enhancements made to the kr808 line. Stating v4l has done nothing, then obviously you haven't looked into the king diamond and stealth series, nhaler is constantly working on new items for every type of connection, the list goes on.

Ms. Hollyberry I'm sorry that your thread has turned into this. Was simply trying to give some unbiased help....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread