808D2 Thread Size

Status
Not open for further replies.

grayscale

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2013
DFW
So I was browsing through the sticky on thread sizes, but I didn't see anything on the 808D2 which is the so named connection used on GreenSmoke and South Beach ecigs. Anyone happen to know what it is? Now that I think about it, the 808D1 is not in there either.

GreenSmoke is what I started on, not bad at all really, though I dont care for their carto flavors. But I got a killer deal on Craigslist on a setup about a year ago - 1 short 1 long auto batteries, 2 USB passthrus, 3 different chargers, carrying case, and about 50 cartos for $90 so I really couldn't pass it up at the time.

However, the reason I want to know, is the 2 USB passthrus. There are very few true PTs out there and these actually work excellently. Have used one on the same USB port on my laptop for a year now and had no problems. They are extremely light, constant voltage, and the one I use in the car is really nice too. I actually use battery rigs less than 50% of the time I vape.

I know there a couple of places I can just buy an adapter from but what they adapt to is somewhat limited and I want to be able to have several different combos.

So what do you think?

Edit: It's definitely an 8mm thread, just haven't figured the thread pitch yet...

Last edited:

grayscale

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2013
DFW

kaddigart

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2013
Insomniville
Apologies, I almost backtracked and edited my post but thought somebody would correct me regardless. I hate companies that use proprietary formatting to limit people's options. I'm sure you probably did the same searches I just did and discovered there's little info available for the 808D-2 designation.

8mm is a common tap/die size - or you could get screws at most hardware stores (like Ace, they tend to carry more metric sizes than Home Depot or Lowe's) for very little cost if you don't want to buy a thread gauge or have a machinist buddy. Get 1 of each different pitch they have in 8mm, probably be less than a couple of bucks. When you do find out, please share it!

Edit:
May have found your answer here.

Thread Spec, Barrel Size, Thread Pitch, Battery Gender, Other Names by Which The Standard Is Called
401, 7 mm, .5 mm, male, 402, 403
510, 7 mm, .5 mm, female, KR808-A, KR808-B, L88B
801, 9 mm, .75 mm, male, Penstyle, BE112, DSE801, E11, Joye302, Joye304, KR108, M201, RN112
901, 8 mm, .75 mm, male, DSE901, DSE508, DSE568, KR808-D, KR808-D1, RN4075
4081, 8 mm, .75 mm, female, DSE103, RN4081
E9, 7.5 mm, .75 mm, male, KR808-D2, V0

Last edited:

grayscale

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2013
DFW
Looks like you found it, thanks!
Proprietary is an understatement in this case. Considering that a ready to order 7.5mm tap or die does not exist, I'm guessing these companies developed the tooling in house, almost a ....... thread. I wonder if a tight fit 8mm would be enough to get away with. At any rate, looks like ordering the adapters is going to be the way to go. Thanks again!

kaddigart

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2013
Insomniville
No problem. The tap may not be necessary...if you could find a bolt or screw made of steel or anything harder than the material you're trying tap that's the same pitch you could use it. I'm thinking self-tapping screws or something like concrete frame screws. Then all you'd need would be a 15/64 drill bit for a pilot hole. There's always a way...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread