A Few Questions About My First Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

hcour

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2012
SC
Looking forward to getting my first tank next wk (a 3ml "Chibi" tank with a Boge carto from Parkes vaping) for my Volt. Had a few questions:

1 - After I fill the tank, should I let it sit for a while to allow the juice to soak into the carto?

2 - I have both 80/20 and 50/50 juices. Would one be better suited for a tank?

3 - About how many times can one fill the tank before the carto is kaput?

Thanks! Any other pointers or advice also appreciated!

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
1- Yes, absolutely. Help the carto first with some drops, let soak, and do it quite a few times until A Little juice comes down the battery connection. Put the drops not in the center but on the outside. When it's soaked, fill the tank and let sit for a few minutes.

2 If your holes are pre punched or small, the lighter the better. If the liquid is too dense it might not suck and you can blow your carto.

3 Depends on the carto... it's important not to let it go dry. If it crackles it's dry (not pulling liquid), if it gurgles is flooded. If it goes dry it can overheat and blow.

Good luck!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Easy tip on filling a carto. If you are using the fill from the top method, as opposed to the condom method, stick a wooden tooth pic into the airhole before you add your juice. This will prevent any juice from getting in to the hole and prevent the need to blow out any juice out with your mouth.

I'd also recommend you get a slap-yo-moma tank accessory tool from Big Daddy Vapors. This device does two things. It sits on top of the cartomizer, where the drip tip generally goes, while the cartomizer is put thru the tank's endcaps. The endcaps have a little 0-ring that you probably can't see, but this rubber device is the only thing that holds your carto and tank together and prevents juice from leaking from the tank. An untopped cartomizer is sharp on the end, and can easily damage the soft rubber o-rings when you slide the carto in during tank assembly. With the tank tool on the carto, the o-rings are protected from harm.

The tool is also handy when its time to add juice to the now assembled tank. With the carto only half in place, you can fill the tank with juice in the space between the tank tool and the endcaps. The tool blocks any juice from getting into the top of the carto and accidentally getting into the air hole. Once filled with liquid, you can insert the carto the rest of the way into the tank, remove the tank tool, and add a drip tip.

Kay1959

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2012
Out in the middle of Nowhere
I started off on tanks with the Chibi tanks. A nice cheap way to see if tanks are for you. I always prefilled my carto using the syringe method and then I'd put the carto in the tank, and use the syringe to fill the tank. Bad's suggestion (while a good one for some tanks )for a carto tool may not work too well on a chibi tank because chibi tanks use rubber grommets instead of delrin or stainless steel end caps. If you prefill the carto you shouldn't need to let it sit before vaping. If you don't prefill the carto you should let it sit before vaping. I know a 80/20 mix will do fine, but can't speak for 50/50. I think some people who use 50/50 have had issues because that's pretty thick. As far as how many refills before needing a new carto, that varies from person to person, and often even carto to carto. I personally have and use 5 tanks and I replace my cartos once a week, but that's going to vary depending on how often you use that carto. When the flavor starts tasting 'off' start thinking about replacing the carto.

I initially had difficultly working with the chibi tanks because the grommets were so tight....but they losen up a bit after you replace the cartos a few times, so don't get discouraged. Learning about tanks is just like learning about anything else,...there is a learning curve. Once you 'get it' you'll be very happy you persevered!

hcour

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2012
SC
Thanks for all the input. Got my chibi today. Filled the carto (toothpick tip is excellent) with some 80/20, then the tank. Let it sit for a bit, then put it on my Volt. Wow. I've only used the SI carto's, which are good and have a good rep, but I must say this boge carto is impressive. Even on my little 78mm auto Volt I'm getting tons of vapor, good TH, easy draw, great flavor. And the chibi looks so cool on my Volt. Very, very pleased.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread