Status
Not open for further replies.

K*Rose

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2011
South Jersey
Hi everyone. I need a little advice. I have gone from 510's to ego's to bottom feeders, but now I have fell in love with tube mods with a liquinator. I have a DON and a SB. I like the size and weight of the DON, but, I just don't like the bottom button. I love the SB. It works flawlessly and is an awesome vape, but the girth and weight is a little much for me. What I'm getting at is what tube mod do you guys recommend, that will take an 18650 battery, doesn't have a bottom button and is a decent slender size and weight. Oh, and is a decent price.

Any help would be greatly appeciated. Thanks so much!

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
Or if you don't want to shell out for the high end HV/VV mods, look at the NoEgo. 14500/14650 and 18650 models available. Probably the least expensive 18650 tube mod you'll find.

Personally though I'd just go for a Provari. I've got one on order as we speak, and got it specifically because I decided I didn't want to "work my way up" as it were and just spend the money on something top-of-the-line.

Last edited:

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
I know, I have been eyeing the Provari and gone as far as even putting it in my shopping cart at Provape. The thing is I have held one and it is as heavy as my Silver Bullet. Also, I have a ton of LR Cartos and attys and I wasn't sure if they were good to use on the Provari. Isn't it better to use SR?

Yeah, the PRovari does have a 2.5A cutoff, so you'll max out at about 4V on a 1.6ohm dual coil. Even so though, they'll still work, and if you wanted you can get the 2.5ohm XXXL clear dualies direct from SmokTek (I haven't found any place that actually carries them yet) and vape those suckers at up to 6V.

K*Rose

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2011
South Jersey
Personally though I'd just go for a Provari. I've got one on order as we speak, and got it specifically because I decided I didn't want to "work my way up" as it were and just spend the money on something top-of-the-line.

I hear ya. I have been working my way up and working my checking account down!!!

BardicDruid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2009
Central Texas
You not going to find a small slender mod using a 18650, that's a big battery. The next size down is the 14500, that's the same size as an AA battery, they still have a decent charge span on them if you get the good one's. The mods I know of that take a 14500 are the B-52 from Cropduster901.com, the ProVape1 from ProVape.com, the Apex Alpha Ultra from Innovaper.com and the DSE 905. The thing with tube mods is there size is based on the size of the battery used, i.e. an 18650 battery is 18mm in diameter and 65mm long and a 14500 is 14mm in diameter and 50mm long.

silentt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2011
Virginia
All my 18650 mods together. The GGTS is slimmer than the SB but the price tag isn't what you're looking for :( Sorry for putting the reo in there, it's not a tube.. obviously. The Provari with 18650 is pretty tall but it's not bad.

2r450cn.jpg

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
I know, I have been eyeing the Provari and gone as far as even putting it in my shopping cart at Provape. The thing is I have held one and it is as heavy as my Silver Bullet. Also, I have a ton of LR Cartos and attys and I wasn't sure if they were good to use on the Provari. Isn't it better to use SR?

You can use your current LR attys and cartos with the Provari. Just keep the voltage down to around 3.7 or below, which you'd want to do on any device anyway or risk blowing the atty. Due to it using only one battery and needed a booster circuit to achieve higher voltage it don't drive DC cartos to extreme high voltage, I think I read somewhere in the 4s but other than that you shouldn't have any issues.

If you don't need the meter with the various readouts you also have the Buzz Pro and soon Infinity Pro which uses slimmer batteries which mean less diameter size. They are also cheaper and easier to adjust on the fly if that matters to you. At least for the BP will also provide longer battery life and that should be the case also for the IP.

RippleInStillWater

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
Land Of Corruption
Why are the GG models so expensive? What makes the the superior mods? I see that they are the top top of the line. I am just wondering what makes them so desired?

Because their draw system is the best with the collection tank at the top letting you adjust the airflow; the ability to handle multiple atty sizes without adapters; the use of any size battery (you can even shorten by using 18350s in a stealth mode); the locking side button; the tanks superior to the rest that is out there; great service you get from the vendors and Imeo; the ease of cleaning; the durability; the fact as a mechanical mod there are no damned buttons to push nor electronics to freeak out and yet varying the atty resistances will vary the hit (wow, such an idea!!!:laugh:); and a danged fine looking mod if I have to say so. Oh , the GG family is awesome, too......:)

From what I can see....... hype.

Got sawdust in the eyes, mist?!?!?!?:laugh: You know I'm just kidding, we're all fans of one mod or another........:thumb:

Haven't heard anyone mention the Chuck for awhile. I always thought they looked so cool.

I just picked one up, they are a mighty durable mod with the one flaw of the button and accidental firing when pinched in a pocket or something; still, I think its a mod worth owning IMO. There is a cheap and handsome one in the classys right now!:thumb:

Dang, we need a multi-quote option!!!:grr:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread