Status
Not open for further replies.

jun0felix

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
Switzerland
dear reonauti,

today i celebrate my 101 day of analogfreedom and therefore, i washed my reo grand with pure hot water :glare:

4 hours later picked a fresh cisco spec 306 lr atomizer and filled boba's bounty in the bottle, battery back in (was still at 4.2). what can i say more? :facepalm:

i wish you all health and things are going right and stay smokefree

clouds on your body, sugar over this forum

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
Congratulations!

Congratulations.gif

Keep on vaping!

jun0felix

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
Switzerland
huuhh, was a while away and don't have enough bananas in the house

to let them dance for you all dear reonautis. Thank you all!

and celebration continues: today, we had our first vaper meeting right here in zurich, switzerland. yep, as we have no off line shops here in switzerland (well, 3 or 4 right now with eGo and smoktek products), these meetings are very nice to see and try out gear and stuff (especially for newbies) and build up a little self-confidence as vaping minority.

guess which electronic cigarette was the glancing star of the evening, coming to our yet small swiss vaping community as an alien resurrection of wall-E (remember: i have an aluminium raw)?

it was the first time they realized: it must not be a stick!

this time, i had not yet call the reo security departement. but sooner or later ...

jun0felix

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
Switzerland
CONGRATS on your success!! Hope your REO is doing better now. Seems like you didn't let it dry long enough.

thank you washvap!

oh my language problems: my reo is fine. gave it a wash to celebrate: by carrying my reo with me all the time in the pockets of my jacket, dust or fiber gets into the swell cup, which i rinse out from time to time... the reo is so easy to clean... but the drying period is a good point: what is in the blackbox on top of the interior? will whatever hides there dry sufficiently?

love the little secrets of my reo too..:facepalm:

clouds on your body

TennDave

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Knoxville, TN
The "black box" keeps track of all data of your Reo use and travels- Do not open it!!!

No- just joking- it simply hides the firing pin that is elongated to make contact with the atomizer connector. The screw that holds the black box onto your Reo acts as a way to lever the firing pin's metal piece, so without it, you will not have any "spring" to the firing pin. If you take the screw out, be very careful- the screw tightens into aluminum which is very soft, so you do not want to over-tighten the screw when re-installing the black box.

The area under the black box will dry out fine- just blow it out if you are worried... I have only opened mine up a few times...not much to see but it is interesting- the construction of the REO!!

Last edited:

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
Your welcome!

Totally missed the part about your REO being ok. I skim a lot when I go through threads. Personally don't think you have any language problems at all. It's my fault for misunderstanding. Yeah, a good cleaning is what it needs sometimes. Have had some debris get in my catch cup as well. Usually use a paper towel to clean it up and it's good to go.

It's definitely easy to clean. You really don't have to worry about it like electrical mods. Think you got some good answers of what is behind the plastic casing. It'll dry perfectly and so, you shouldn't worry about that. The plastic tubing for the bottle and cover for the firing pin isn't going to be effected by the water at all.

thank you washvap!

oh my language problems: my reo is fine. gave it a wash to celebrate: by carrying my reo with me all the time in the pockets of my jacket, dust or fiber gets into the swell cup, which i rinse out from time to time... the reo is so easy to clean... but the drying period is a good point: what is in the blackbox on top of the interior? will whatever hides there dry sufficiently?

love the little secrets of my reo too..:facepalm:

clouds on your body

jun0felix

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
Switzerland
yep! the unscrewing of the black box is a good point: i did not realize, that (logically!) the aluminium housing is softer then the ss screw of the box. but i do not open it anyway since my Reo just works and works and works...

btw - language problems: something i missed, coming new to this forum, was an illustrated guide to the Reo, just to know the wording, the names of the parts, an illustrated glossary. would make the reading of the "how to" and "tips and tricks" threads easier...

i think i saw once a detailed pic of a Woodvil with descriptions in it, but not complete. something like this:

illustrated_reo.jpg

1 ------- ???
2 ------- atomizer connection with inside 510-thread
3 ------- catch cup
4 ------- ??? with the juice hole?
5 ------- down there is an O-ring
6 ------- power button
7 ------- ???
8 ------- ??? (important for squonking)

please complete or correct or suggest ...

this is for the atty connection part only. if accepted, i could pepare an illustrated guide for the inside too.

keep on vapin', jun0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread