A little lost.. How about the basics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilocity

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Washington DC
Hey everyone, just curious about the diy and having trouble finding the absolute basics. For starters, what would be the basic recipe for unflavored, zero nicotine, 100 percent vg juice? I'm just trying to understand the basic ingredients to a vapable juice so I have an idea of what I'm looking at when reading these other flavor packed recipes. I'm not looking to jump head first, just can't find a thread that explains the starting points for learning to diy. For instance, can pure vg be vaped from the bottle lol? Or am I missing some seriously important information?

If someone could link some good info so I can begin to research from a true "diy noob" perspective, it would be a great help.

Thanks a bunch yall!

ClintS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2014
San Diego area, CA

Evilocity

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Washington DC
I read through that thread, it sounds like a lot of great info, however I seem to be missing the "add x amount of x to x amount of y". I will continue to scour the threads of course, but hopefully there's some really simple beginners concoctions to get a little practice with.

Thanks so far, can't wait to learn more.

I read through that thread, it sounds like a lot of great info, however I seem to be missing the "add x amount of x to x amount of y". I will continue to scour the threads of course, but hopefully there's some really simple beginners concoctions to get a little practice with.

Thanks so far, can't wait to learn more.

FYI, there is a DIY subforum, this is the "general e-juice" forum.

If you really want to start out slow, you could get some USP (pharmaceutical grade) Vegetable Glycerin and Propylene Glycol, try each one plain first (you can vape either by itself), and then try a few small batches of just VG and PG at differing amounts, e.g. 50/50, 70/30, etc., to see where your preferences really lie with regard to those. Then you could try adding concentrated nicotine base (read the stickies about safety first), or a single flavoring. Most flavor concentrate vendors provide recommended concentrations (e.g. 2.5% or whatever).

Regarding amounts, if you are not familiar and comfortable with algebra, I suggest using one of the online calculators suggested in the DIY subforum. You do not need a recipe to get started.

With all that said, you might find something that piques your interest here:
E-Liquid Recipes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread