A Little on the thin side

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanR

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2018
Someplace in SC
I started to make my own juice again. I usually go with 50/50 on the nic down to 3% (target nic), and usually make 10ML for test, and if I like it, I go for the biggie of 30ML. Last time I made my own juice, the VG was thick, and I can't remember if the finish product was thin or just like you find from the store brought juice. Anyway, if the juice calls for 2.88 ML or 45 drops, I put in 2 ML of VG and then 5 drops. Is this correct?

Reactions: stols001

DanR

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2018
Someplace in SC
Receipe.PNG

This is the Receipe I'm trying to make, and the juice seems a little bit on the thin side. So to let you know how I figure things out, let's take the PG line for a sec. It states that I need 4.08 ML or 82 drops or 40%. So as you can see, it also states that it takes 20 drops equals 1ML. So with all that info, 4ML = 80 drops - 82, which leaves 2 drops. VG, and the other ing. are done the same way. So why is my juice on the thin side? My VG juice by itself is thick. Thanks

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well, if thin is what you are targeting, yes, you should get there. Don't forget if you make a (minimal error, as I sometimes find targeting by drops to be difficult) and easy way to just thin rapidly and without having to adjust your mix a great deal would be to add a few drops of distilled water to your mix. A little bit goes a long way in thinning, and it shouldn't affect too much else in your ratio. I've used DW quite a bit as I am PG sensitive. You can use up to 10% DW and still get some good results, although I imagine you'd need nowhere NEAR that at your percentages. I just offer it up as a good way to thin if using your very small target mix and drops you wind up with something slightly different than your desire. Etc.

Best of luck,

Anna

Reactions: dobroeutro

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Actually the calculator says 1ml=20 drops and not 30. As for the other question, I'm not into cloud chasing either. So should I up the VG and decide to go with lots of vapor?
50/50 gives a decent amount of vapor but no where near cloud chasing.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
@DanR - That 20 drops per mL is changeable! Not everything that all people use to dispense their ingredients will have the same size openings...to produce the same size drops. Some people may use pipettes, others may use glass droppers, etc. If/when drop size differs, so will the number of drops it takes to make 1mL.

dc99

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2014
earth
Actually the calculator says 1ml=20 drops and not 30. As for the other question, I'm not into cloud chasing either. So should I up the VG and decide to go with lots of vapor?
I would try it at 50/50. Decent throat hit and decent cloud. Good blend of both sides of the street.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread