A PBusardo Review : Boge 510 LR Carto Vs. Smok Tech 510 LR Dual Coil Mega Carto

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
Great review! Really needed some more volts put into them as thats when they really shine. A LR you can hammer in over 7 volts and it still doesn't burn the juice= heaven. Greatest range of volts of any carto made atm.

Thanks Stownz! Saw your review as well. Very nice. I didn't put more volts to them, only because I'm a simple, low profile vaper! My eGo batts work well enough for me in the vapor, throat hit, and flavor cats when using Boge LRs or these new dual LR cartos. Besides, it's cheaper that way!

I'd rather spend my money on trying out different juices and juice delivery systems. Just a personal preference.

If I need higher then the eGo, I'll plug into my 5V passthrough at work or at home.

But when I can get from Rochester NY to Lodi NJ on a single fill of the duals without having to pull over and top off and I don't need a syringe to do so, I'm not sure how much happier I can get. They are cheap enough to fill with a bunch of different flavors and then to toss them in the garbage when they burn out, close up, or I get tired of the juice. For me they are a great product and they work really well. They have become my "travel" and "going out" carto while I continue to use my Boges for every day use.

My goal however, is still to find a carto design that...

1. will get me through an entire day of vaping at the performance level of the Smoktech or the Boges on a single fill
  2. low profile - no juice feeder, map tank, or anything like that. Must look "right" on an eGo batt.
  3. easy to fill - no syringe required
  4. comparable in price allowing me to fill with different juice to quickly switch and throw out when done
  5. more absorbent filler that will quickly take in juice including 100% VG such as Boba's

I thought that may have been the Uber, but price wouldn't allow for #4 above and the performance was poor.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...rdo-review-ego-uber-cartomizer-ivape-net.html

Last edited:

Stownz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2010
Guthrie, OK
5v passthrough would be about perfect. I still fail to grasp the math on these things. 1.5 ohm at 5 volts and no burn, amazing.

All of the china manufacturers are realizing how much we are wanting greater and greater capacity for our e-cigs. We keep seeing bigger and bigger bats MAH. Larger and larger cartomizers are being made, even bigger attys. I'm sure smoktech will follow this trend as well. They already have a Clear version of these dual coils available 8) They are keeping up with the trends.

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
5v passthrough would be about perfect. I still fail to grasp the math on these things. 1.5 ohm at 5 volts and no burn, amazing.

All of the china manufacturers are realizing how much we are wanting greater and greater capacity for our e-cigs. We keep seeing bigger and bigger bats MAH. Larger and larger cartomizers are being made, even bigger attys. I'm sure smoktech will follow this trend as well. They already have a Clear version of these dual coils available 8) They are keeping up with the trends.

Yep, I saw the pictures of the clears. Not sure I like them. For these kinds of cartos it's easy enough to tell by the taste it's time to fill, then easy enough to fill.

To me, it's just gimmicky. Doesn't really add to the functionality.

For the CE type cartos, I can see the need for the clear casing (if, of course, I could see the need to even use that type of device). Because you gotta get out your tweezers and paperclips and syringes and... :)

Oh, and I failed to grasp the math about 3 months after college.

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
Well, the ones that work are nice, but so far 3 out of 7 have been complete duds and one only worked half way. The quality control on these is horrible.

Really? Huh, I'm 3 for 3 now without issues. It's funny cause I hear about other cartos being duds too, but I've been through around 50 Boges so far and I've never had one bad out of the box.

Do you live near a nuclear reactor or perhaps a cell tower :) ???

What PV are you using? I always wondered if some of the mods out there send a surge on start-up. Just speculating.

caged

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Laurel, MD
Really? Huh, I'm 3 for 3 now without issues. It's funny cause I hear about other cartos being duds too, but I've been through around 50 Boges so far and I've never had one bad out of the box.

Do you live near a nuclear reactor or perhaps a cell tower :) ???

What PV are you using? I always wondered if some of the mods out there send a surge on start-up. Just speculating.

I should have been more clear. I was talking about the Smoktech dual coil cartos.

Out of curiosity, have you ever tried the Bloog style of cartos?

Shady195

Apr 8, 2011
New York
Great review Pbusardo!

I for one love the smoketechs, they give me the same experiance I get from my Boge but they last a lot longer! I only top them off around twice a day and I'd consider myself a "heavy" vaporer. I top off once before work, thats when I really don't vape that much, just a few puffs here and there throughout the day, and i'll top it off when i get home around 5, and vape non stop till around 9-10 and go to bed. Also I completely agree that the TH is more substantial on the smoketech than the boges and thats a big plus for me

Also it may depend on the juice you use, I do notice that with my PG juices I do not get as much "vape" time as I do with my 50/50 PG VG juices. While the PG filled ones still last a long time, they seem to drop in vapor production much quicker than a heavier VG juice, they don't prodeuce a burnt taste and still taste fine, they just seem to lack vapor and I top them up much more often.

Also, I have had no "wicking" issues to speak of with my heavy VG juices, when im sitting at my computer im taking a drag one after the other and it never seems to "degrade" the performance.

While I don't think "cleaning" cartos is worth it, I have on a few occasions filled one up with juice I don't like and would like to rid it of its flavors, I have not done this yet with a smoketech but I plan too soon and see how it handles it, the boges take a cleaning qutie well so I'm hoping these do as well

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
Great review Pbusardo!

I for one love the smoketechs, they give me the same experiance I get from my Boge but they last a lot longer! I only top them off around twice a day and I'd consider myself a "heavy" vaporer. I top off once before work, thats when I really don't vape that much, just a few puffs here and there throughout the day, and i'll top it off when i get home around 5, and vape non stop till around 9-10 and go to bed. Also I completely agree that the TH is more substantial on the smoketech than the boges and thats a big plus for me

Also it may depend on the juice you use, I do notice that with my PG juices I do not get as much "vape" time as I do with my 50/50 PG VG juices. While the PG filled ones still last a long time, they seem to drop in vapor production much quicker than a heavier VG juice, they don't prodeuce a burnt taste and still taste fine, they just seem to lack vapor and I top them up much more often.

Also, I have had no "wicking" issues to speak of with my heavy VG juices, when im sitting at my computer im taking a drag one after the other and it never seems to "degrade" the performance.

While I don't think "cleaning" cartos is worth it, I have on a few occasions filled one up with juice I don't like and would like to rid it of its flavors, I have not done this yet with a smoketech but I plan too soon and see how it handles it, the boges take a cleaning qutie well so I'm hoping these do as well

Thank you Shady195!

namuch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2009
Surprise,Az
nothing special about the bloogs, just some re-branded Kranger's.

That's not the whole story. The bloogs are bottom coil 808's (maxx fusion). Nhaler also sells them as kr808 "drippers".

They don't perform anything like standard 808 cartos, and were my favorite carto until the dual coils came around.

Worth a look if you like mini's....

They have great taste and a warm vapor on standard mini batteries.

Yippykiyea

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2010
Indianapolis
Need some advice. I am a big fan of these cartos. I have been using them on my Omega with 2 RCR123A stacked batteries. now my Omega is not firing consistently and I wonder if I might be pushing it too far? I need to know what mod and what batteries will give me the best vape with these cartos as I am stocked up on them. I know the GGTS works, but they are next to impossible to find right now.

Stownz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2010
Guthrie, OK
Need some advice. I am a big fan of these cartos. I have been using them on my Omega with 2 RCR123A stacked batteries. now my Omega is not firing consistently and I wonder if I might be pushing it too far? I need to know what mod and what batteries will give me the best vape with these cartos as I am stocked up on them. I know the GGTS works, but they are next to impossible to find right now.

Any pure mechanical mod should work for yah. The fact that they are technically 1.5 ohm causes circuit protection in a lot of mods to kick in and shut off when you try to ramp volts into them. Provari will only go 4 volts, and darwin will only go 4.5 volts on them max.

Stownz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2010
Guthrie, OK
Thanks Stownz, can you give me a few names of pure mechanical mods? Isn't the Omega that I am using be about as purely mechanical as you can get? Would the variable voltage Saber Touch be good with the dual coils ?

Yah, had to look up what it exactly was. Should work fine, you might need to clean your button contacts. For mine, i just use a pencil eraser. Gunk can build up on the contact points and you have to wiggle to get it working=time to clean the switch and contacts for the battery.

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
You da man P. Thank you for another great review. I knew you were going to be a reviewer star from your first review. Always look forward to seeing what you have to say. I just placed an order. I am looking forward to seeing how they compare to the IKENVAPE Gold's. Thanks again.

My pleasure Jackinkc!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread